Crowne Plaza Hotel Employee Reviews in Canada

Great people to work with
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 13, 2016
Was not challenging enough, very slow and I was bored easily.The atmosphere itself was good. I would work there again in a different department.
Pros
Had friends that worked there
Cons
was a boring job
productive and fun working place
Saucier-1 (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMay 3, 2016
all friendly staff, busy work place get good hours. understanding and good management, the hardest part of the job is very difficult to get breaks.feels very stress full some times.
Pros
good wages, friendly staff and management, will get more hours.over time.
Cons
difficult to get breaks, stress full
Great learning, got an opportunity to get to know Canadian work culture.
Guest services Agent (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMarch 9, 2016
Great learning, got an opportunity to get to know Canadian work culture.
Great company to work for, nice work culture and fellow employees and management is understanding and patient.
friendly staff
Interim chief maintenance engineer (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, NBJanuary 28, 2016
good place to work and fellow staff members all great people. Tasks carried out at own discretion. Only problem was low wage due to high cost of living.
Outstanding Journey Across the Board
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONNovember 13, 2015
My journey with the Crowne Plaza was impeccable. It opened my passion and determination to continue my journey in hospitality until today.
Pros
superb team, outstanding values and ethics
Awesome work place with great people and community feel
Banquet Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBSeptember 2, 2015
Working at the Crowne Plaza in Fredericton has been so enjoyable. The team there is really strong, supportive, fun and engaged on all levels. They do lots of great things for staff, as well as the local community.
Fun place to work, everyone is very professional.0
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, OntarioAugust 10, 2015
A typical day at work for me is busy but so much fun. I've learned about tourism and hospitality and noticed it is not an easy profession. The management is fantastic and very professional with the staff and guests. The co-workers go above and beyond to make new staff members feel wanted and comfortable. The hardest job would have to be making all the guests happy and that we do all the time. The most enjoyable part for me is meeting so many people in one shift and finding out where they all come from.
Pros
staff meal and staff parking
Cons
holiday hours
Banquet coordinator
Banquet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  montrealJuly 23, 2015
This was a demanding postion and I enjoyed it

I was laid off, but would go back if I was phoned

Organized and always refreshing to start a new day
Great staff, good management, friendly environment.
Caterer (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBJuly 6, 2015
Crowne Plaza has been a wonderful experience for me. I've learned quite a few things that I can take with me to my future career. I really enjoyed getting to meet and serve a variety of people from around the world; French (France), English (U.K.), Nigerian, Swedish, Finish, Ghanaians, and much more!

The manager was very kind, helpful, funny, and always willing to give a helping hand especially when I had to do something new to me. The coworkers were equally as helpful. It's not an easy job, but it's rewarding in many ways. The people you get to meet, the cultures, the events, fine details of dining, and learning experiences make it interesting.
Pros
Gratuities, experience, meeting new people, active job
Cons
Unpredictable shifts at times, physically demanding on occasion
very professional place yo work
Frist Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 28, 2014
Met with the chef daily about the activities in the hotel ,then reported to what ever kitchen department l was working with that day . The workers were great everyone worked as a team. The hardest part about my job was leaving
Pros
clean and well experienced kitchen
Cons
union and the buy out we were all apart of
Productive workplace
Supervisor of the Front (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QCOctober 7, 2014
• Assist with the preparation and achievement of annual objectives of hosting service
• Print, photocopy and file reports of the day
• Supervise, support and motivate staff for better customer service.
• Attend meetings and communicate to staff the organizational information on a regular and uniform
• Ensure customer satisfaction during and after the service
• Enforce policies and compliance established by management at the customer service
Long hours, productive
BusBoy (Former Employee) –  Montreal,QCJuly 28, 2014
Make sure you're always working. Apart from that its a normal job.
Work
(AGSM) Assistant Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBApril 3, 2014
A great place to work and socialize with coworkers, there is always time to laugh with guests and coworkers a like.
Hard work enviroment
First Cook a la carte line (Former Employee) –  Hamilton OntarioDecember 3, 2013
Work was good with Chef there. After the chef was removed not the same. Mangement was disoraganized at times and hard to get supplies which is very stressful.
Pros
good hours
Cons
too much politics
rude old ladies
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONNovember 3, 2013
this is a horrible place to work unless you have a relative that has worked there forever and they got you in. All the people are rude and make you feel like you dont belong. They do everything in there power to make you quit because they dont want new people taking over the job. The only way you will enjoy it there is if you have someone as I said that has been there forever and they will get you in with the other girls
Cons
everything
Good Place to learn the hotel business
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 4, 2013
IT is a good place to learn the hotel business as they do not require much of their new hires but once a person is trained, they work that person to the bone. Recommended for people new to the work force but not for people with experience.
a good experience for me at the time
Cashier/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 2, 2013
work with other, during pressure at the Hotel and handling cash and numbers. as well Account
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours and short
The hotel is perfect to rent for the party.
Nightmaid/Laundry attendant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 26, 2013
I worked here as my partime job.
I enjoyed doing the laundry.
I like to clean the late checkouts rooms.
Good team working Night Audit
Assistant Night Manager/Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2013
It was a very stressful environment at times working as a Night Auditor at the Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel but due to my team it was much better for we all got along very well which made work fun.
Pros
free snacks for night audit team
Cons
lack of security
good place to learn technical building maintenance
Assistant-Directeur de maintenance (Current Employee) –  montreal,qcSeptember 20, 2013
fast paced work place,deal with problematic issues in the rooms and the hotel,basic knowledge to medium knowledge of electrical,plumbing,hvac,painting,plastering etc... I learn fast and hard worker.Being i am the assistant director of my departement i tend to teach my co-workers and help them with some problem solving...I help my director of departement with purshising,payroll,schedules and phone calls