Crowne Plaza Hotel Employee Reviews

Overall great place to work
Room Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 June 2017
Working here was a great experience for me and has really made me a much better Busboy, Room service attendant then before and I can say I have learned a lot from the past 4 years working here. Spotless looking hotel always very clean and great busboy uniform.
Pros
free food, tip
Cons
far travelling
great workplace
Front desk agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB25 May 2017
open 24/7
great management
good workplace incentives
provide uniforms and dry cleaning
able to move around in the company
good Christmas party
clean workplace
Pros
supportive staff
Cons
always open
good in relating to other, working under pressure
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB9 April 2017
Good in relating to others; good customer service · Open to learning new skills, creative and ready to serve · Ability to work individually as well as in a team setting · Diligent, dedicated and loyal; excellent work ethic · Up-beat and friendly professional demeanor · Highly community minded - enjoy working in a helping capacity · Excellent manual dexterity and good with tools
Cons
Excellent benefits and great salary, beautiful people
SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 March 2017
I highly recommend working at the Delta Plaza because of how laid back the working environment can be for such a finely-tunes high-paced fully-functioning business. So long as everyone does a bit, there is time to enjoy yourself in the work place and really get to know people and relax and enjoy yourself. Very cultured and multi-cultured environment; weather it be people, language, or foods (and the hotel has it all). You have an excellent chance to speak with people who are just getting out of culinary schools, college courses, who are already certified Chefs and there is always something to be learned. It keeps you very sociable, busy, it's very educational from a social perspective, as well as a business perspective. You can learn many different fields all bundled into this one great location, such as; serving, bar-tending, working with food, plating food, prepping, serving, management, banquettes, there is so much to be learnt. Many people are fluently bilingual in multiple languages, so that could be beneficial. Just so much to learn and so much fun to have, great food, great benefits, great location. You get discounts on traveling expenses and hotel room rentals. Just great stuff all around.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours / Can be lonely at times
Best employment I've had in a while
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB7 February 2017
Going into work at the Crowne Plaza is always exciting. You never know whats going to happen the next day even though work can be tedious. Teamwork is something I find the Crowne Plaza is proud of because everyone just comes together and make sure everything is going to work out in a smoothly manner. Everyone always has a smile on their face. I speak highly of the staff because they are great and they have become a family.
Pros
Awesome Benefits
Good hotel with good benefits, good working evvironment.
Guest Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Delhi, ON10 October 2016
The working environment is so friendly . The benefits are good here and also the colleague appreciation things are very good . I was happy while working with this property.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Staff shortage
Amazing Workplace
Steward (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON20 August 2016
Good management

amazing co-workers

Learn New Things

providing taxi if we work late

Crowne Plaza Hotel is amazing company with excellent staff
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Great people to work with
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 July 2016
Was not challenging enough, very slow and I was bored easily.The atmosphere itself was good. I would work there again in a different department.
Pros
Had friends that worked there
Cons
was a boring job
productive and fun working place
Saucier-1 (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 May 2016
all friendly staff, busy work place get good hours. understanding and good management, the hardest part of the job is very difficult to get breaks.feels very stress full some times.
Pros
good wages, friendly staff and management, will get more hours.over time.
Cons
difficult to get breaks, stress full
Great learning, got an opportunity to get to know Canadian work culture.
Guest services Agent (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON9 March 2016
Great learning, got an opportunity to get to know Canadian work culture.
Great company to work for, nice work culture and fellow employees and management is understanding and patient.
friendly staff
Interim chief maintenance engineer (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, NB28 January 2016
good place to work and fellow staff members all great people. Tasks carried out at own discretion. Only problem was low wage due to high cost of living.
Outstanding Journey Across the Board
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 November 2015
My journey with the Crowne Plaza was impeccable. It opened my passion and determination to continue my journey in hospitality until today.
Pros
superb team, outstanding values and ethics
Awesome work place with great people and community feel
Banquet Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB2 September 2015
Working at the Crowne Plaza in Fredericton has been so enjoyable. The team there is really strong, supportive, fun and engaged on all levels. They do lots of great things for staff, as well as the local community.
Fun place to work, everyone is very professional.0
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, Ontario10 August 2015
A typical day at work for me is busy but so much fun. I've learned about tourism and hospitality and noticed it is not an easy profession. The management is fantastic and very professional with the staff and guests. The co-workers go above and beyond to make new staff members feel wanted and comfortable. The hardest job would have to be making all the guests happy and that we do all the time. The most enjoyable part for me is meeting so many people in one shift and finding out where they all come from.
Pros
staff meal and staff parking
Cons
holiday hours
Banquet coordinator
Banquet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  montreal23 July 2015
This was a demanding postion and I enjoyed it

I was laid off, but would go back if I was phoned

Organized and always refreshing to start a new day
Great staff, good management, friendly environment.
Caterer (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB6 July 2015
Crowne Plaza has been a wonderful experience for me. I've learned quite a few things that I can take with me to my future career. I really enjoyed getting to meet and serve a variety of people from around the world; French (France), English (U.K.), Nigerian, Swedish, Finish, Ghanaians, and much more!

The manager was very kind, helpful, funny, and always willing to give a helping hand especially when I had to do something new to me. The coworkers were equally as helpful. It's not an easy job, but it's rewarding in many ways. The people you get to meet, the cultures, the events, fine details of dining, and learning experiences make it interesting.
Pros
Gratuities, experience, meeting new people, active job
Cons
Unpredictable shifts at times, physically demanding on occasion
Environnement stimulant
Concierge et Réception (Former Employee) –  Montréal17 December 2014
Poste de concierge et réception des invités aux appartements.
Travail avec équipe dynamique et compétente.
Travail avec le système informatique complexe
Pros
Rencontre des ges intéressant
Cons
Système informatique
Hotel con Buena reputacion dentro de Canada
Front Desk agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB7 November 2014
La industria hotelera es muy exigente en estos dias , y el crowne plaza cumplica y exedia las expectativas de sus visitantes y huespedes.
La vestimenta era con uniforme,
Dependiendo en que departamento estubieses habia un diferente uniforme.
Las horas eran irregulares por lo que era dificil equilibrar la vida privada con la profesional.
El ambiente de trabajo era muy casual con los compañeros de trabajo, muy amables pero a la ves enfocados a dar un muy buen servicio a cleintes.
Tube la oportunidad de desarrollarme en diferentes departamentos y mejorar mis habilidades para brindar servicio al cliente.
Pros
Beneficios. plan de comidas al dia y estancia
environnement de travail agréable
Réceptionniste (Former Employee) –  gatineau6 November 2014
facile de communiquer avec les clients et avec les employé. je me suis fais des contactes avec mes collègues et avec des clients qui pouvais m'ouvrir des portes dans mon secteur
Pros
repas gratuit
Cons
pas de très bon repas a l'occasion
very professional place yo work
Frist Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2014
Met with the chef daily about the activities in the hotel ,then reported to what ever kitchen department l was working with that day . The workers were great everyone worked as a team. The hardest part about my job was leaving
Pros
clean and well experienced kitchen
Cons
union and the buy out we were all apart of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crowne Plaza Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval