Crowne Plaza Hotel Employee Reviews

Great learning, got an opportunity to get to know Canadian work culture.
Guest services Agent (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMarch 9, 2016
Great learning, got an opportunity to get to know Canadian work culture.
Great company to work for, nice work culture and fellow employees and management is understanding and patient.
Great staff, good management, friendly environment.
Caterer (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBJuly 6, 2015
Crowne Plaza has been a wonderful experience for me. I've learned quite a few things that I can take with me to my future career. I really enjoyed getting to meet and serve a variety of people from around the world; French (France), English (U.K.), Nigerian, Swedish, Finish, Ghanaians, and much more!

The manager was very kind, helpful, funny, and always willing to give a helping hand especially when I had to do something new to me. The coworkers were equally as helpful. It's not an easy job, but it's rewarding in many ways. The people you get to meet, the cultures, the events, fine details of dining, and learning experiences make it interesting.
Pros
Gratuities, experience, meeting new people, active job
Cons
Unpredictable shifts at times, physically demanding on occasion
Great people to work with
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 13, 2016
Was not challenging enough, very slow and I was bored easily.The atmosphere itself was good. I would work there again in a different department.
Pros
Had friends that worked there
Cons
was a boring job
productive and fun working place
Saucier-1 (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMay 3, 2016
all friendly staff, busy work place get good hours. understanding and good management, the hardest part of the job is very difficult to get breaks.feels very stress full some times.
Pros
good wages, friendly staff and management, will get more hours.over time.
Cons
difficult to get breaks, stress full
Fun place to work, everyone is very professional.0
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, OntarioAugust 10, 2015
A typical day at work for me is busy but so much fun. I've learned about tourism and hospitality and noticed it is not an easy profession. The management is fantastic and very professional with the staff and guests. The co-workers go above and beyond to make new staff members feel wanted and comfortable. The hardest job would have to be making all the guests happy and that we do all the time. The most enjoyable part for me is meeting so many people in one shift and finding out where they all come from.
Pros
staff meal and staff parking
Cons
holiday hours
friendly staff
Interim chief maintenance engineer (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, NBJanuary 28, 2016
good place to work and fellow staff members all great people. Tasks carried out at own discretion. Only problem was low wage due to high cost of living.
Outstanding Journey Across the Board
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONNovember 13, 2015
My journey with the Crowne Plaza was impeccable. It opened my passion and determination to continue my journey in hospitality until today.
Pros
superb team, outstanding values and ethics
Awesome work place with great people and community feel
Banquet Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBSeptember 2, 2015
Working at the Crowne Plaza in Fredericton has been so enjoyable. The team there is really strong, supportive, fun and engaged on all levels. They do lots of great things for staff, as well as the local community.
fun place to work. Good people.
currently Part time (Current Employee) –  EtobickoAugust 18, 2012
Heavy work load, Good pay, Good people. The hardest thing about working there the long hours. Management is good
Pros
good pay
Cons
Good motivator and opportunity seeker
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Dead Sea, JordanJuly 28, 2013
I had a great time working in Crowne Plaza Dead Sea Resort and Spa. They gave me the opportunity to build myself to grow and be motivated. Even I applied as waitress but they develop me to become a hostess and cashier.
I Learned a lot in this new field I develop more self confident especially in interacting with the guest and to solve some complaint as well. From the sequence of service and how to handle different situation during the operation.
The management I cant say more about them but I believed on them in creating a great hotel guest love for our guest.
I love my Filipino and Arab colleagues. We work better together for our outlet, we help and share our knowledge with each other.
I think the hardest part of my job is when your very tired and when you go home you will realize that your away from your family. But I enjoyed in my job being a positive person I always felt lucky for the opportunity they gave to me. The best thing in my job is when you can see how happy and thankful your guest from the good service they receive from you.
Pros
regular
Cons
9 hours/day
Place love to work
Chef de Partie in All Day Dining Restaurant (Current Employee) –  united arab emiratesJuly 29, 2012
This company is good but we need a more salary that they can never give.
Pros
job security
Cons
less salary
Productive workplace
Supervisor of the Front (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QCOctober 7, 2014
• Assist with the preparation and achievement of annual objectives of hosting service
• Print, photocopy and file reports of the day
• Supervise, support and motivate staff for better customer service.
• Attend meetings and communicate to staff the organizational information on a regular and uniform
• Ensure customer satisfaction during and after the service
• Enforce policies and compliance established by management at the customer service
Crown Plaza is a great hotel to work. I had been working for the last four years and I wanted a change as well as experience in other hotels.
House Keeper (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBSeptember 25, 2012
Everyday I clean rooms that include dusting, vacuuming, changing bed linens, cleaning bathrooms, and etc. Above all, perform quality cleaning works to meet the required stardard of the hotel within 30 minutes time limit for each room. I am a good cleaner and I have trained many new house keepers.
I enjoy working in the hotel
Pros
free lunch once in month, health benefits, staff discount meals and rooms
Banquet coordinator
Banquet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  montrealJuly 23, 2015
This was a demanding postion and I enjoyed it

I was laid off, but would go back if I was phoned

Organized and always refreshing to start a new day
Hard work enviroment
First Cook a la carte line (Former Employee) –  Hamilton OntarioDecember 3, 2013
Work was good with Chef there. After the chef was removed not the same. Mangement was disoraganized at times and hard to get supplies which is very stressful.
Pros
good hours
Cons
too much politics
good co-workers
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 17, 2012
Co- workers are really good, I enjoyed working in the kitchen. The hard part is they will give you too much job for a day. One staff will be doing two person's job.
Pros
good lunch
Cons
a good experience for me at the time
Cashier/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 2, 2013
work with other, during pressure at the Hotel and handling cash and numbers. as well Account
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours and short
rude old ladies
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONNovember 3, 2013
this is a horrible place to work unless you have a relative that has worked there forever and they got you in. All the people are rude and make you feel like you dont belong. They do everything in there power to make you quit because they dont want new people taking over the job. The only way you will enjoy it there is if you have someone as I said that has been there forever and they will get you in with the other girls
Cons
everything
good place to learn technical building maintenance
Assistant-Directeur de maintenance (Current Employee) –  montreal,qcSeptember 20, 2013
fast paced work place,deal with problematic issues in the rooms and the hotel,basic knowledge to medium knowledge of electrical,plumbing,hvac,painting,plastering etc... I learn fast and hard worker.Being i am the assistant director of my departement i tend to teach my co-workers and help them with some problem solving...I help my director of departement with purshising,payroll,schedules and phone calls
very professional place yo work
Frist Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 28, 2014
Met with the chef daily about the activities in the hotel ,then reported to what ever kitchen department l was working with that day . The workers were great everyone worked as a team. The hardest part about my job was leaving
Pros
clean and well experienced kitchen
Cons
union and the buy out we were all apart of