BOXmaster has an opening for a Graphic Designer to work at their facility on Annacis Island. We specialize in the production of corrugated packaging, cartons and displays. Customers include beverage manufacturers, fruit and produce packers, food processors, software companies, furniture companies, and packaged goods manufacturers.
Graphic Designer will be responsible for design and print file preparation for a wide variety of packaging materials. This position is best suited for a detail-oriented team player with strong typography, design, graphic software and communication skills.
- Work with the sales and structural design team to set up specifications for each graphic design project.
- Prepare layout and design for each graphic design project through the use of industry standard software.
- Assist with coordinating the set up for each graphics design project with the production department.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education from a recognized graphic design institute
- MAC and PC based computer skills, including: The current Adobe Creative Suite of software, especially Illustrator, Photoshop & Acrobat was well as knowledge of scanning and FTP Client Software.
- Basic understanding of spatial relations, able to visualize in 3 dimensions.
- Must be able to work with minimal or no supervision
- Must have some knowledge of printing issues regarding screen tints, trapping and bleeds.
The position offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. The successful candidate must have transportation to the location. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.