Crown North America, a World Class Integrator of vehicle components with over 50 years of experience, within both the OEM industry, as well as working with many major Fleet and Leasing companies, is currently looking for a highly motivated, highly dedicated person to fill the position of “Materials Analyst” , in the Oakville, Ontario area.
This person, as a fully engaged member of the Crown North American team, should possess high performance, self-dedicated work ethics, as well as the ability to work with and direct others, allowing the achievement of, not only departmental goals, but also company goals as well.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Material Analyst position would be directly responsible for assisting the production, manufacturing and scheduling groups, as well as the purchasing group, determining what materials are necessary based on production scheduling and requirements, as well as the required timing for those materials.
Other Duties may include but not be limited to:
- Plan, schedule and utilize inventory system to analyze material requirements, assuring proper inventory levels as necessary.
- Assist in the placing, expediting, and follow up of orders, when necessary.
- Analyze and adjust inventory levels (safety stocks, excess/obsolete material).
- Manage supply base (vendor performance, open order report, lead time reduction, etc.)
- Enter data and information into spreadsheets, databases, inventory management programs and product tracking reports as required.
- Assist development of continuous improvement plans for the Materials department.
- Notify management of material logistical issues and help identify solutions to resolve problems.
- Assist in the coordination of suppliers, allowing smooth material flow.
- Maintain the integrity of the Perpetual Inventory. Ensure necessary adjustments are made for receipt issues/mistakes, cycle counts, and scrap, within allowable time frame.
- Act as a backup to other Material Team members to cover for vacation, potential illness, as well as any un-scheduled leave.
- Work directly with Suppliers, as well as Crown Management, to assist in eliminating any potential supplier service and delivery issues as they may relate to problem solving and corrective actions as they possibly pertain to inventory accuracy, inventory turns and freight costs.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- At least 2 years’ experience in material/inventory control.
- Have excellent communication, written and verbal skills.
- Have strong attention to detail, experience based.
- Have computer experience: Outlook, Word & Excel
- Willing to possibly traveling outside the Ontario area
Indeed - 15 months ago