Crowe Horwath LLP

Crowe Horwath LLP Employee Reviews

Great place
Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 20, 2016
I love Crowe. I have nothing bad to say. It really was a great experience. I really enjoyed working there as an intern in their audit service.
Fair pay
Intern - Assurance (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 30, 2016
Friendly staff and good pay. Long hours but that is to be expected in accounting. All things considered, a good company to start a career.
Good place to start career
Senior Associate - Financial Advisory Services (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2016
You can grow and learn a lot from the different engagements you work on. I assume the Company is similar to other accounting firms out there.
Pros
Mobile enviroment
Intern oriented
Tax & Advisory Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 6, 2015
Made me understand the practical aspects of accounting and finance.
As an Intern understanding the practical aspect was paramount to becoming a qualified accountant.
Pros
long breaks as I was an Intern
Good to Excel
"Audit & Tax Associate" (Former Employee) –  Islamabad PakistanNovember 28, 2015
I was satisfied with my stay at Crowe Horwath. Management is taking good care of things. Friendly environment, good clients and great office atmosphere.
It's okay
Expense Analyst (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 17, 2015
I've been a temp for almost 2 years and it gets frustraiting when you don't get holidays or PTO. I've struggled not getting these beneifits trying to make up the hours.

Lots of filling and not enough help to get the job done.
Good Place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dominican RepublicOctober 21, 2015
Excellent environment and great people!
You will learn a lot, but you have to work a lot too.
As we have a lot of work, we learn about multitasking and to work as a team.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesSeptember 27, 2015
There are plenty of over time included in this job. There are great clients that the firm has. Overall been a satisfying learning experience.
intern audit services
Intern, Audit Services and Financial Advisory (Former Employee) –  Milano, LOMSeptember 10, 2015
Given the importance of audit services, many senior executives and audit committees look to Crowe Horwath International member firms for efficient procedures, the value of their work, and personal service. Your organization stands to gain in multiple areas - reputation, insight, service, and cost - by finding experienced auditors who truly value your business.
great place
Front Desk Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 17, 2015
great place to work in but horrible workers. constant harassment and nothing was ever done even when brought up to HR department. i had to leave the company for this reason.
Pros
Cons
everything
Amazing company to work for
Audit/Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 15, 2015
Crowe is a company that cares about their employees and they make sure that there is never a dull moment. Continually they stride for efficiency and improvement.
Pros
Job growth
Cons
An autocratic setup with many areas for improvement.
Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Dubai, DUJuly 29, 2015
A budding organisation with great potential, but is dragged back by inefficient management and support staff.
It needs to realize that its employees are its biggest assets and without proper development, training and incentives, they are going to remain demotivated.
Needs to raise the bar a couple of notches in order to bring itself to the level of the Big 4
Pros
Fixed work hours, Salaries paid on time without delay, Quick decision making.
Cons
Over-burdening of employees, Negligent managers, Poor support staff, Extreme cost-cutting environment, Low importance on employee development and morale, Demotivated & unsatisfied colleagues, Poor pay and benefits, Politics galore
Great for Career Coasting, Not for Development
Senior Valuation Associate (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 20, 2015
This is a good company for those who are willing to settle. The work-life balance is great, people are great, and the pay is reflective of market. However, do not expect to learn too much here. People come here to ride out their careers, so don't expect active engagement or interest in your career plans. It is steady for now, but the industry will be shaken up resulting in unplanned losses. Not as safe as you think. If you are willing to trade time for money, then this might be a great place for you. If you are a hard-charger and want to progress in your career, look elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
Disengaged Leadership; Limited investment in marketing/development; Menial raises
Great projects and people
Senior Staff (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2015
Expectations for new hires is high to adapt to a consulting environment with little support. Salary and benefits are comparable to market
Lively and friendly culture
Auditor Trainee (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaMarch 6, 2015
-Typical day in CH:
Orientation was detailed, simple and fun

-Knowledge learnt :
Fundamental work for audit procedure, teamwork, interpersonal skills

-Management in CH:
Very organized and well-structured

-Co-workers:
Friendly and willing to assist and share information and knowledge

-Hardest part:
Being assigned to audit a small dormant company

-Fun part:
Being able to expose to different industry in 3 months time and able to make connection.
Pros
friendly culture
Cons
distance from home
A place that can for me to learn better but the worklife is not that what I want currently.
Audit Assistant (Current Employee) –  M04February 9, 2015
Actually it is a good company for us to learn things & get experience. But I have no choice since this company have to work until very late for everyday, it made me no more time for taking the ACCA paper. I learned a lot so far in this job. I am more familiar with audit job and double entries, how to audit people, how to find out their fault. I have been working well & good co-operate with all my colleagues.The hardest part of my job that i found will be counting the deferred tax and doing the consolidation of financial statement.
Although what I say is that but I do take the challenge and solve it since I like challenge because I feel self- achievement when I go through the difficulties. I am willing to learn since I always telling myself that people are know nothing when they are born. Everything must be learn . Because you reap what you are sow.
Pros
can learn lot of thing
Cons
long working hours.
N/A
Senior Manager, Internal Control Review (Current Employee) –  Hong KongJanuary 12, 2015
Work is busy, co-workers are nice and enjoyable part are boss very supportive. Good work life balance.
Accounting Position
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 28, 2014
Worked in federal tax as a temp for one busy season. Despite a rigorous schedule, atmosphere was friendly and pay was good. Would recommend.
Productive and friendly work environment
Senior Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Klang, M10November 22, 2014
A good exposure to different industry and get better understanding on their business operation.
Pros
happy working environment
Cons
long peak period and required work overtime
Only cares about the partners & directors
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 14, 2014
Doesn't concern themselves with the lower level employees...only hand holds the directors and partners