Crowe Horwath LLP Employee Reviews

Travel was more than described when I was hired.
Senior Auditor/Accountant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN20 December 2017
Travel was an issue with my family life. Was told that out-of-town travel would be 30% but it was much more than that. Had to work on multiple audits at one time which made it difficult to be effective.
Good company
CLIENT SERVICE SUPPORT SENIOR ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, IL19 December 2017
Company has a great culture. Great benefits and a solid work environment. Salaries are a good range. The work and life balance here is exceptional. Flexibility to WFH
Staff Auditor (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, IL13 December 2017
If you want to work for public accounting, this is definitely a great place to work. You get to work on various clients and industries and they are there to help move forward. I would just encourage you to seek more feedback from your work because some people won't openly give it. It's ultimately your career so take control of it. Other than that, great experience. They are real in tune with the industry and staying competitive with what they offer.
Pros
Free lunches, experience, travel, managers, culture
I do not wish to provide a review.
Senior Consultant - Technology and Risk Consulting (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL1 December 2017
I do not wish to provide a review. Youre organization should make it clear how to skip this or allow someone to skip this. I will not provide a public review of this company.
Travel was not fun
Senior Auditor/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL10 November 2017
Good people. Typical corporate America. Partners benefit mostly. College grads do most of the day to day work, People were great & it was nice not to be at one place for an extended time period.
Awesome place to work with great management and benefits
Financial Services Staff Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, IL7 November 2017
Crowe Is an awesome place to work with amazing benefits and awesome people. The only reason I left was due to the subject matter of the work. I didn't see myself in an auditing role long-term. If you're a person that has a passion for work of that nature, I wouldn't choose any other firm to work for.
Pros
People, Benefits, Advancement
Cons
Must be willing to travel for some projects
Productive work setting
Advisory Services - Temp (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, IL2 November 2017
Management is helpful and upbeat. If you need help don't be afraid to ask because somebody will be there to help you. Excellent place to sit down and get your work done.
Crowe Horwath
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA1 November 2017
terrible place to work. If you wont fit in from the start, you won't be accepted. Most are huge gossipers and will let you know when they don't like you. It has a fraternity feel to it. they also like to emphasis their core values but are terrible in following them.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
everything else
Good Place to work
Internship (Former Employee) –  Springfield, IL27 October 2017
I enjoyed my time at Crowe. While I was only an intern, at no point was I ever given 'intern' work. From day one I was in the middle of work with everyone else in the firm, doing important work. I worked at the Springfield, IL office and we do mainly government work, so the FY end was a crazy time and slightly overwhelming at first. They warned all the interns that the year end would be crazy, and there isn't much that can be changed about it. It only lasted about 6 weeks or so, so it is bearable.
Pros
Flexible schedule, work-life balance, everyone is willing to help each other
Cons
Can be crazy and stressful, sometimes it is hard to reach out for help because everyone is so busy.
Good work environment with helpful seniors
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Dubai25 October 2017
It was a fun and thrilling experience to be working as an external auditor, learned a lot about the mechanism of different industries that I audited: from schools, to hotels, to retail outlets etc. Overall was a positively challenging experience.
good place to work
Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY9 October 2017
good place to work, the company treat employee as an assets. Allowed telecommuting to work... I left the company due to their business structure and direction changed.
Public Accounting Firm
Senior Staff Auditor (Former Employee) –  South Bend, IN2 October 2017
In terms of a public accounting firm, you will probably work much less than at one of the big 4. As in every company, the overall work and job environment will depend on the managers/partners on each engagement as within your group. One negative is that they also try to pigeon hole you relatively early on in your career into one focus regardless of your interest or not.
Professional Workplace
SENIOR MANGER (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH2 October 2017
Good management that is focused on balance between customer service and work/life balance. Good job of identify growth opportunities and managing growth.
Good enviroment
Senior Staff (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, IL26 September 2017
The company offers a good environment to learn new skills and experience. Good place to learn accounting, financial analysis, and consulting skills. Need to travel.
Verimli bir okul
Muhasebe sorumlusu (Current Employee) –  İstanbul avrupa25 September 2017
Cok memnunum. Hem is yeri hem de bir okul. Yillarin tecrubesi aylar icinde ediniliyor.
Great managers and employees, helpful and considerate, great benefits
Plan Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH20 September 2017
I enjoyed my time at this company. They are employee oriented and great work environment. Management was hands on looking out for your welfare and education.
Pros
Great company atmosphere
Cons
training was a little lacking
Fun workplace
Trainee Accountant (Current Employee) –  Albury NSW18 September 2017
Fun workplace, great experience and great employee benefits. Provided me with great flexibility around my personal life and have been extremely appreciative when needing surgery on my knee.
Good Working and Learning Environment
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Islamabad, Pakistan16 September 2017
It was a good working and learning environment for young graduates of ACCA & CA. During my work experience with Crowe Horwath I was involved in the audit of various Government, Non-Government, and Private companies. I also did Bookkeeping and Income/ Sales Tax(VAT) Returns for various clients in Different sectors.
Great for public accounting, but that isn't a high bar
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA25 August 2017
As far as public accounting goes, Crowe is pretty good. The over all firm is great, and the CEO is making changes for the better in all areas of the firm.

The pay was slightly above the offers I received from the Big 4, and Crowe is big enough to have a lot of the resources of the bigger firms
Pros
Travel, so you get to enjoy some than just your city on the company dime
Cons
the travel can get to be too much around week 4 or 5 away from home
Call to liquidation company's creditor
Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Muar31 July 2017
Within the period of 7 month I had been audit intern, I had done around 10 audit report, help senior vouching and other.
From the other, I had assist my group manager to settle down the last payment from liquidation company to creditor.
In this process I had called around 20 companies and over 50 ex-employee come to our office to collect their cheque.
However, this is no under the job scope I should be done but I very appreciate my manager give me the chance to learn more.
Pros
increase my commitment in accounting
Cons
I will more prefer to accept more challenge task

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crowe Horwath LLP. Our community is ready to answer.