Crowe Horwath LLP

Crowe Horwath LLP Employee Reviews

Good place to start career
Senior Associate - Financial Advisory Services (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2016
You can grow and learn a lot from the different engagements you work on. I assume the Company is similar to other accounting firms out there.
Pros
Mobile enviroment
Great place
Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 20, 2016
I love Crowe. I have nothing bad to say. It really was a great experience. I really enjoyed working there as an intern in their audit service.
Good Company
Senior Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 25, 2016
The company is trying hard to keep employees happy. I travel a lot in my group. There are very long hours during tax season.
Fair pay
Intern - Assurance (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 30, 2016
Friendly staff and good pay. Long hours but that is to be expected in accounting. All things considered, a good company to start a career.
intern audit services
Intern, Audit Services and Financial Advisory (Former Employee) –  Milano, LOMSeptember 10, 2015
Given the importance of audit services, many senior executives and audit committees look to Crowe Horwath International member firms for efficient procedures, the value of their work, and personal service. Your organization stands to gain in multiple areas - reputation, insight, service, and cost - by finding experienced auditors who truly value your business.
Intern oriented
Tax & Advisory Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 6, 2015
Made me understand the practical aspects of accounting and finance.
As an Intern understanding the practical aspect was paramount to becoming a qualified accountant.
Pros
long breaks as I was an Intern
It's okay
Expense Analyst (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 17, 2015
I've been a temp for almost 2 years and it gets frustraiting when you don't get holidays or PTO. I've struggled not getting these beneifits trying to make up the hours.

Lots of filling and not enough help to get the job done.
An autocratic setup with many areas for improvement.
Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Dubai, DUJuly 29, 2015
A budding organisation with great potential, but is dragged back by inefficient management and support staff.
It needs to realize that its employees are its biggest assets and without proper development, training and incentives, they are going to remain demotivated.
Needs to raise the bar a couple of notches in order to bring itself to the level of the Big 4
Pros
Fixed work hours, Salaries paid on time without delay, Quick decision making.
Cons
Over-burdening of employees, Negligent managers, Poor support staff, Extreme cost-cutting environment, Low importance on employee development and morale, Demotivated & unsatisfied colleagues, Poor pay and benefits, Politics galore
Great for Career Coasting, Not for Development
Senior Valuation Associate (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 20, 2015
This is a good company for those who are willing to settle. The work-life balance is great, people are great, and the pay is reflective of market. However, do not expect to learn too much here. People come here to ride out their careers, so don't expect active engagement or interest in your career plans. It is steady for now, but the industry will be shaken up resulting in unplanned losses. Not as safe as you think. If you are willing to trade time for money, then this might be a great place for you. If you are a hard-charger and want to progress in your career, look elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
Disengaged Leadership; Limited investment in marketing/development; Menial raises
Good to Excel
"Audit & Tax Associate" (Former Employee) –  Islamabad PakistanNovember 28, 2015
I was satisfied with my stay at Crowe Horwath. Management is taking good care of things. Friendly environment, good clients and great office atmosphere.
Good Place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dominican RepublicOctober 21, 2015
Excellent environment and great people!
You will learn a lot, but you have to work a lot too.
As we have a lot of work, we learn about multitasking and to work as a team.
great place
Front Desk Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 17, 2015
great place to work in but horrible workers. constant harassment and nothing was ever done even when brought up to HR department. i had to leave the company for this reason.
Pros
Cons
everything
Amazing company to work for
Audit/Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 15, 2015
Crowe is a company that cares about their employees and they make sure that there is never a dull moment. Continually they stride for efficiency and improvement.
Pros
Job growth
Associate (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesSeptember 27, 2015
There are plenty of over time included in this job. There are great clients that the firm has. Overall been a satisfying learning experience.
Lively and friendly culture
Auditor Trainee (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaMarch 6, 2015
-Typical day in CH:
Orientation was detailed, simple and fun

-Knowledge learnt :
Fundamental work for audit procedure, teamwork, interpersonal skills

-Management in CH:
Very organized and well-structured

-Co-workers:
Friendly and willing to assist and share information and knowledge

-Hardest part:
Being assigned to audit a small dormant company

-Fun part:
Being able to expose to different industry in 3 months time and able to make connection.
Pros
friendly culture
Cons
distance from home
A place that can for me to learn better but the worklife is not that what I want currently.
Audit Assistant (Current Employee) –  M04February 9, 2015
Actually it is a good company for us to learn things & get experience. But I have no choice since this company have to work until very late for everyday, it made me no more time for taking the ACCA paper. I learned a lot so far in this job. I am more familiar with audit job and double entries, how to audit people, how to find out their fault. I have been working well & good co-operate with all my colleagues.The hardest part of my job that i found will be counting the deferred tax and doing the consolidation of financial statement.
Although what I say is that but I do take the challenge and solve it since I like challenge because I feel self- achievement when I go through the difficulties. I am willing to learn since I always telling myself that people are know nothing when they are born. Everything must be learn . Because you reap what you are sow.
Pros
can learn lot of thing
Cons
long working hours.
New Name, Same Old Culture
Senior Audit and Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 25, 2014
My impression of this firm is that they reward the shrewd and the heartless, and integrity is not at the top of the priority list. Work life balance is about what you'd get at Big 4. Travel is often. If you don't like banks or schools, you probably won't like it here.
Pros
niche explosure for banking and schools
Cons
limited growth potential, frequent travel, high turnover, management
Professional Attitude
Audit Senior (Current Employee) –  PakistanMay 28, 2014
I have more than one and half years’ experience in the field of accounts, audit, taxation, finance and corporate consultancy, including as a Senior Auditor at supervisor level from June 2013 to date with Horwath Hussain Chaudhury & Co, Chartered Accountants.
Having my professional experience with the leading firm in the Chartered accountancy field, I understand the level of professionalism and inter personal skills required for long-term success in my field of expertise.
True Professionals
Audit Senior (Current Employee) –  ChittagongJune 13, 2014
Audit of different client as per ISA,
Supervising Junior and their training in audit processes,
Checking compliance of the financial statements with International Financial Reporting Standards,
Correspondance with the team and with manager,
Keeping track of audit progress,

Learned:
• Punctual
• Hardworking
• Investigative,
• Skeptical and logical thinker
• Pro-active problem solver
• Cooperative, and leader
• Self Motivated
• Self Monitoring
• Continuous Learner
• Leadership skills

My coworker, team and subordinates are CA students who are completing final level and ACCAs. Everyone has high level of experiance.
Great projects and people
Senior Staff (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2015
Expectations for new hires is high to adapt to a consulting environment with little support. Salary and benefits are comparable to market