Crowe Horwath LLP Employee Reviews

Public Accounting Firm
Senior Staff Auditor (Former Employee) –  South Bend, IN2 October 2017
In terms of a public accounting firm, you will probably work much less than at one of the big 4. As in every company, the overall work and job environment will depend on the managers/partners on each engagement as within your group. One negative is that they also try to pigeon hole you relatively early on in your career into one focus regardless of your interest or not.
Professional Workplace
SENIOR MANGER (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH2 October 2017
Good management that is focused on balance between customer service and work/life balance. Good job of identify growth opportunities and managing growth.
Good enviroment
Senior Staff (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, IL26 September 2017
The company offers a good environment to learn new skills and experience. Good place to learn accounting, financial analysis, and consulting skills. Need to travel.
Verimli bir okul
Muhasebe sorumlusu (Current Employee) –  İstanbul avrupa25 September 2017
Cok memnunum. Hem is yeri hem de bir okul. Yillarin tecrubesi aylar icinde ediniliyor.
Great managers and employees, helpful and considerate, great benefits
Plan Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH20 September 2017
I enjoyed my time at this company. They are employee oriented and great work environment. Management was hands on looking out for your welfare and education.
Pros
Great company atmosphere
Cons
training was a little lacking
Fun workplace
Trainee Accountant (Current Employee) –  Albury NSW18 September 2017
Fun workplace, great experience and great employee benefits. Provided me with great flexibility around my personal life and have been extremely appreciative when needing surgery on my knee.
Good Working and Learning Environment
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Islamabad, Pakistan16 September 2017
It was a good working and learning environment for young graduates of ACCA & CA. During my work experience with Crowe Horwath I was involved in the audit of various Government, Non-Government, and Private companies. I also did Bookkeeping and Income/ Sales Tax(VAT) Returns for various clients in Different sectors.
Great for public accounting, but that isn't a high bar
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA25 August 2017
As far as public accounting goes, Crowe is pretty good. The over all firm is great, and the CEO is making changes for the better in all areas of the firm.

The pay was slightly above the offers I received from the Big 4, and Crowe is big enough to have a lot of the resources of the bigger firms
Pros
Travel, so you get to enjoy some than just your city on the company dime
Cons
the travel can get to be too much around week 4 or 5 away from home
Call to liquidation company's creditor
Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Muar31 July 2017
Within the period of 7 month I had been audit intern, I had done around 10 audit report, help senior vouching and other.
From the other, I had assist my group manager to settle down the last payment from liquidation company to creditor.
In this process I had called around 20 companies and over 50 ex-employee come to our office to collect their cheque.
However, this is no under the job scope I should be done but I very appreciate my manager give me the chance to learn more.
Pros
increase my commitment in accounting
Cons
I will more prefer to accept more challenge task
worked in my own area and there are no complaints
SENIOR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  South Bend, IN19 July 2017
No complaints, however, the employee evaluations were mostly geared toward management, not toward clerical, I believe they were trying to update that.
Pros
Flexible, meetings/Classes w/lunch; ability to work from home
Small firm feel
Technology Risk Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA16 July 2017
Crowe has a small firm feel with a national presence. Management is hands off and provides staff with freedom to self-manage. I learned to prioritize and manage multiple projects at the same time.
Best place to work as an auditor.
Junior Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra5 July 2017
The seniors around there are very friendly and supportive and helps wherever you need them. You get use to the work easily because there's always a thing back in your mind that you have a back up and the environment around you.
Pros
Dinners after an Audit is Completed.
Typical day at my workplace
Manager, Risk andComplince (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC15 June 2017
My job at work starts with a glance at the days activities, meetings and work schedules. I enjoy my meetings with managers & company executives. The meetings with team informs me about the progress made in various current projects. The workplace environment is relaxed, but very motivating.

My team enjoys their work and do not mind working long hours. They are also encouraged to take breaks and occasionally enjoy outdoor activities.

The hardest part of my job is to provide enough time to all customers and satisfy their requirements while providing encouragement to communicate and coordinate.

The most enjoyable part is to overcome the hardest part and provide value and satisfaction to all customers.
Pros
Travel facilities and policies
Cons
Making good and productive use of travel time
Good place to start your career as a consultant
Senior Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN11 June 2017
Good company great work and life balance. Been working here for 5 years and really like the team environment. Only thing i do not like is it is not enough diversity.
Pros
Work from home. Jeans are promoted to be worn in the office.
Cons
Needs more diversity.
Professional audit service provider
Senior Auditor (Current Employee) –  Dubai10 June 2017
The Company is located at Business Bay Dubai and hold a portfolio of more than 700 clients in UAE. The main service of the Company is external audit. With all the controls and planned work you can enjoy a professional and efficient work performance. The applicable audit software also helps you get the job done accurately.

However, the work conditions and the limitations established by the management would sightly affect the work environment in a negative way.
Pros
International Audit Firm
Cons
Work environment
Washington, DC office very sparse
Risk Management BU Intern/Junior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC5 June 2017
A typical day involved coming into the office and choosing a cubicle from one of about thirty. People are rarely in the office so it can get very lonely and quiet.
Pros
free coffee and snacks
Cons
little DC presence
Ambiente Laboral Bueno y Oportunidades de Crecimiento Intelectual
Analista Contable I de Outsourcing (Current Employee) –  Bogotá, Distrito Capital, Cundinamarca22 May 2017
El ambiente laboral es muy buen, muchas personas jóvenes y horarios flexibles por estudios o para permisos personales.

La oportunidad de crecer internamente son muy buenas y celebran logros alcanzados y celebran ascensos. Adicionalmente de servicios preferenciales que regala la empresa a sus empleados como Medicina Prepagada, convenios con entidades financieras, con entidades para ponerse en forma física, entre otros.
Option away from big 4
Staff Auditor (Former Employee) –  South Bend, IN19 May 2017
I can't say too much bad or great about Crowe. I went into the company expecting to work in one or more areas and was confined to a single area that didn't match my goals. People were pretty good people and the atmosphere has improved since I left.
Pros
Casual Attire
Cons
Stressful work environment.
Great Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL18 May 2017
You will work hard, but you will be well compensated and the culture is great. The company is leading in its industry as far as work life balance, encouraging employees to work from home when it makes sense, flexible on when you work if you meet your deadlines, dress for your day policy, etc.
Good Environment
Audit Assist (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur11 May 2017
Good workplace culture, the most enjoyable job. Learn a lot knowledge and skill. Very helpful colleague. Good team work and management. Provide staff gathering to release stress after work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crowe Horwath LLP. Our community is ready to answer.