Crowe Horwath LLP Employee Reviews

Time never to forget
Assistant Manager - Audit & Assurance (Former Employee) –  Dubai16 April 2017
A good day is a good and bad day is a good day.
Every day entering the office gave me satisfaction that i m part of this family. Having good relations with client boosted my confidence and attire.
Meetings every day was fun with new people, organizations, regulators, financial institutions and others.
Managing the pressure every day is the part of the job and its something which was always there. But at the end of the day, going through the schedule to mark completed assignments, gave a job sanctification like no other in the world
Travel and Challenging Review
Business Risk Consultant Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NY14 April 2017
-Extensive travel to clients across the East coast
-Focused on the Finance Institutions Group
-Experienced working with different teams from different locations, which helps build team orientation skills
-Process and documentation to understand the business' risk
-Engaging management
A good firm offering great opportunities for growth.
Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Dubai25 March 2017
A very friendly environment to work, providing continuous source for learning in supervision of qualified management.

Offering the market competitive salary package.
Pros
Feel to work freely and independently.
Cons
Work Life balance - Long hour for sitting to meet the dead lines.
Strong team members
Partner, Senior Manager, Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, IL17 March 2017
Depending on the role, each day can bring curveballs. There are roles for dynamic individuals and individuals that want to have an idea of what they are going to be doing.
It all depends on what area of the firm you work in.
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL20 February 2017
Firm leadership is forward-looking and inspiring. Crowe is an accounting and consulting firm, and I assume that the reality of the work is relatively close to the ideals espoused at the firm. However, the people in the "support" groups, such as Marketing, Human Resources, IT, etc., live a different reality.

Because these groups are considered cost centers, their resources are less than what is necessary to bring about the expected results in any reasonable manner. In addition, the firm bureaucracy presents difficulties with accomplishing anything substantive or bringing about real change. The stress leads to a lot of complaining and backbiting and not enough trust and effective teamwork. It also leads to people taking the easy route (e.g., cutting corners, pleasing only a particular partner, saying what people want to hear) rather than doing the right thing (what is right for the firm as a whole, telling the naked truth).

The overall culture is fairly conservative. More flamboyant, creative, or otherwise unusual types are not encouraged to be themselves and don't necessarily fit in. There's a nice "Midwestern" vibe - which can be a good thing but often results in passive aggressive behavior when people choose to be polite and not say directly what they mean.

I honestly believe that the accounting and consulting professionals do excellent work that brings value to the companies the firm works for. They don't stay with the firm long if they're not incredibly smart and hard-working. However, the support groups suffer from the daily stress of being undervalued and subject
  more... to unrealistic demands for good work done quickly without the resources needed to deliver it.  less
Pros
Nice people, smart people, growing firm that's in good financial health; very good benefits
Cons
Stressful every single day
Best Places to Work
Partner (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CA10 February 2017
After merging with Crowe, Horwath ("Crowe") in 2008 I found it to be a fantastic place to work. They are an expanding national CPA and consulting firm employing over 2,400 employees. I was a partner in Grobstein, Horwath & Co., LLP until the merger at which time I was retained as a partner in the bankruptcy and litigation consulting practice. The firm was very much people oriented and constantly received Best Places to Work awards in several states. In terms of the bankruptcy practice I really enjoyed the work, particularly with the professionals in the various law firms. Unfortunately, our work was negatively impacted by the improving economy and it resulted in making the decision to retire in March, 2015,
Pros
The professional environment, the caring for its people and most importantly working with our clients
Cons
Nothing with respect to the firm itself.
Fun workplace
Internship trainee (Former Employee) –  Pulau Pinang3 February 2017
My workplace culture is quite fun and competitive. Everyone has a positive working attitude and quite friendly, they willing to teach and help me when i meet some unsolved problems.

The management in that company is systematic. Besides, the hardest part in my job is when clients ask me some tax issues that i'm not really understand, so i have to seek some advice from my senior in order to help my clients.
Pros
Gain a lot of experience
Cons
A lot of files need to handle
Excellent firm to start your career at
Audit Senior - Business Risk, Internal Audit (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA28 January 2017
I learned a lot and gained a lot of valuable experience. It is an excellent work-place. The people are excellent and the environment is really nice. Everyone is very helpful.
Great Work Environment
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA12 January 2017
Crowe Horwath is a great firm that provides employees with great benefits and a great environment to work in. We have free sodas, snacks, and coffee in our break room and the occasional catered in lunch. Even though the firm is the 7th largest firm in the nation, the Atlanta office is still relatively small. I like this for I was able to meet and get to know most coworkers. The work itself can be cumbersome at times but that I knew would be the case considering it's a public accounting firm. The hardest part of the job is the learning curves you have to get over. However, Crowe does a good job of giving you all the training you need so it's not as hard as it may seem at first.
Great job
Healthcare Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN10 January 2017
This job was very focused and a driven environment. This is a very innovative place to work, so be ready to bring your ideas to the table. The benefits were amazing.
Staff and Sr. Audit Staff
Senior Staff - General Audit (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, IL28 November 2016
Crowe Horwath is a public accounting, consulting, and technology firm with offices across the globe. Connecting deep industry and specialized knowledge with innovative technology, our dedicated professionals create value for our clients with integrity and objectivity.
Great place to get experience and learn
Staff Auditor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI28 October 2016
Really great place to get experience and grow in the accounting industry. Good people. Good culture. I would suggest it to anybody looking to work in public accounting.
Overall Good
Senior Audit Staff (Current Employee) –  South Bend, IN4 October 2016
The company has a lot of flexibility in what you want to do and depending on the people you work under you can have a lot of one on one time.
Under-staffed
Senior Accountant - Fed Tax (Former Employee) –  New York, NY2 October 2016
Can be a fun place to work if the office politics stopped. Zero work life balance. There is a major disparity in who gets promoted and salary increases.The current CEO is working tirelessly to make positive changes and new initiations. All in all I am optimistic about the direction of the company.
it was a good learning for a starter
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ras al-Khaimah12 September 2016
I learn many things to become independent the management was to friendly my co worker help me a lot I enjoyed my work place and my office staff. There was not much of pressure.
Horrible management
Team Administrator (Former Employee) –  Perth WA29 August 2016
disgusting management and mistreatment of staff, the staff are dropping off every week. Manager is arrogant and will not train or assist the staff in any way.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Great career opportunities, poor compensation.
Staff Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA28 August 2016
I began here out of college and had a great training experience. I was placed in San Francisco and began working during the busy season. there was many long working weeks and work life balance was slim during busy season which is to be expected in Accounting. I was disappointed with compensation, living in SF, the cost of living is extremely high. I did not feel like I was compensated appropriately to live in one of the most expensive cities in the US.
good
Senior Staff (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL7 August 2016
good company to work for. good benefits. good people who are fun and a good learning opportunity. overall i would recommend it to a friend
Workplace
Audit Senior (Current Employee) –  Melaka, Malaysia27 May 2016
We are working under safety and friendly environment, our working time are flexible. Under 5 years working life in Crowe Horwath, I learn a lot of audit skill.
Pros
Time flexible
Great place
Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL20 May 2016
I love Crowe. I have nothing bad to say. It really was a great experience. I really enjoyed working there as an intern in their audit service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crowe Horwath LLP. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval