Crowe Horwath LLP Employee Reviews

Call to liquidation company's creditor
Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Muar31 July 2017
Within the period of 7 month I had been audit intern, I had done around 10 audit report, help senior vouching and other.
From the other, I had assist my group manager to settle down the last payment from liquidation company to creditor.
In this process I had called around 20 companies and over 50 ex-employee come to our office to collect their cheque.
However, this is no under the job scope I should be done but I very appreciate my manager give me the chance to learn more.
Pros
increase my commitment in accounting
Cons
I will more prefer to accept more challenge task
worked in my own area and there are no complaints
SENIOR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  South Bend, IN19 July 2017
No complaints, however, the employee evaluations were mostly geared toward management, not toward clerical, I believe they were trying to update that.
Pros
Flexible, meetings/Classes w/lunch; ability to work from home
Best place to work as an auditor.
Junior Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra5 July 2017
The seniors around there are very friendly and supportive and helps wherever you need them. You get use to the work easily because there's always a thing back in your mind that you have a back up and the environment around you.
Pros
Dinners after an Audit is Completed.
Typical day at my workplace
Manager, Risk andComplince (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC15 June 2017
My job at work starts with a glance at the days activities, meetings and work schedules. I enjoy my meetings with managers & company executives. The meetings with team informs me about the progress made in various current projects. The workplace environment is relaxed, but very motivating.

My team enjoys their work and do not mind working long hours. They are also encouraged to take breaks and occasionally enjoy outdoor activities.

The hardest part of my job is to provide enough time to all customers and satisfy their requirements while providing encouragement to communicate and coordinate.

The most enjoyable part is to overcome the hardest part and provide value and satisfaction to all customers.
Pros
Travel facilities and policies
Cons
Making good and productive use of travel time
Good place to start your career as a consultant
Senior Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN11 June 2017
Good company great work and life balance. Been working here for 5 years and really like the team environment. Only thing i do not like is it is not enough diversity.
Pros
Work from home. Jeans are promoted to be worn in the office.
Cons
Needs more diversity.
Professional audit service provider
Senior Auditor (Current Employee) –  Dubai10 June 2017
The Company is located at Business Bay Dubai and hold a portfolio of more than 700 clients in UAE. The main service of the Company is external audit. With all the controls and planned work you can enjoy a professional and efficient work performance. The applicable audit software also helps you get the job done accurately.

However, the work conditions and the limitations established by the management would sightly affect the work environment in a negative way.
Pros
International Audit Firm
Cons
Work environment
Washington, DC office very sparse
Risk Management BU Intern/Junior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC5 June 2017
A typical day involved coming into the office and choosing a cubicle from one of about thirty. People are rarely in the office so it can get very lonely and quiet.
Pros
free coffee and snacks
Cons
little DC presence
Ambiente Laboral Bueno y Oportunidades de Crecimiento Intelectual
Analista Contable I de Outsourcing (Current Employee) –  Bogotá, Distrito Capital, Cundinamarca22 May 2017
El ambiente laboral es muy buen, muchas personas jóvenes y horarios flexibles por estudios o para permisos personales.

La oportunidad de crecer internamente son muy buenas y celebran logros alcanzados y celebran ascensos. Adicionalmente de servicios preferenciales que regala la empresa a sus empleados como Medicina Prepagada, convenios con entidades financieras, con entidades para ponerse en forma física, entre otros.
Option away from big 4
Staff Auditor (Former Employee) –  South Bend, IN19 May 2017
I can't say too much bad or great about Crowe. I went into the company expecting to work in one or more areas and was confined to a single area that didn't match my goals. People were pretty good people and the atmosphere has improved since I left.
Pros
Casual Attire
Cons
Stressful work environment.
Great Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL18 May 2017
You will work hard, but you will be well compensated and the culture is great. The company is leading in its industry as far as work life balance, encouraging employees to work from home when it makes sense, flexible on when you work if you meet your deadlines, dress for your day policy, etc.

Want to know more about Crowe Horwath LLP?

Ask a question
Good Environment
Audit Assist (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur11 May 2017
Good workplace culture, the most enjoyable job. Learn a lot knowledge and skill. Very helpful colleague. Good team work and management. Provide staff gathering to release stress after work.
Summary
Tax Staff (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL4 May 2017
Great place to start one's career. They have an excellent training program for those out of college. The are a great alternative to the Big Four CPA firms.
Great place to work at with some great professionals
Staff Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  South Bend, IN2 May 2017
Crowe Horwath is a great place to work at. One will be able to acquire a lot of different skill set and knowledge by working there. The environment is professional in the office but also laid back. People there are great to work for and understand the need for life and work balance.
good working env
senior consultant QA (Former Employee) –  Noida, In26 April 2017
good working env. good management. But lot of workload
I worked there as a temporary contractor, not an employee
Instructional Designer (2009) (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, IL19 April 2017
I was part of a 4-person project team hired to create a training program for some of Crowe's employees. The people were friendly and helpful, but our contact with them was fairly limited. The course was completed on time and delivered by their own staff.
Pros
Good, stable company
Cons
The accounting industry is not my cup of tea.
Time never to forget
Assistant Manager - Audit & Assurance (Former Employee) –  Dubai16 April 2017
A good day is a good and bad day is a good day.
Every day entering the office gave me satisfaction that i m part of this family. Having good relations with client boosted my confidence and attire.
Meetings every day was fun with new people, organizations, regulators, financial institutions and others.
Managing the pressure every day is the part of the job and its something which was always there. But at the end of the day, going through the schedule to mark completed assignments, gave a job sanctification like no other in the world
Travel and Challenging Review
Business Risk Consultant Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NY14 April 2017
-Extensive travel to clients across the East coast
-Focused on the Finance Institutions Group
-Experienced working with different teams from different locations, which helps build team orientation skills
-Process and documentation to understand the business' risk
-Engaging management
A good firm offering great opportunities for growth.
Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Dubai25 March 2017
A very friendly environment to work, providing continuous source for learning in supervision of qualified management.

Offering the market competitive salary package.
Pros
Feel to work freely and independently.
Cons
Work Life balance - Long hour for sitting to meet the dead lines.
Peor empresa para trabajar
Auditor senior (Former Employee) –  Bogotá, Distrito Capital, Cundinamarca21 March 2017
Es una empresa que se aprovecha de situaciones difíciles de los empleados, por ejemplo: es usted madre soltera, salio egresado de una universidad mediocre, es su primer empleo y no tiene ninguna experiencia... ok es ud bienvenido... sin embargo las condiciones laborales son pésimas!!

Lo único que les interesa es ser negreros y cumplir con horas de trabajo BASTANTE elevadas sin un verdadero balance entre la vida personal y la laboral!!
La excusa de esta empresa es "así se trabaja en este tipo de firma", si realmente esta necesitado, trabaje allí, pero si tiene dignidad y amor propio... es mejor buscar una mejor opción laboral!!

Pésima empresa!!No tiene ninguna consideración por el trabajador y solo les interesa que se cumpla un horario, pero si usted trabaja mas allá de ese horario, JAMAS le va a ser reconocido y no hay ninguna posibilidad real de crecimiento!!!

No se deje engañar, las "altas" calificaciones que tiene son de personas necesitadas o del grupo de "talento humano" de la empresa, con opiniones falsas!!!

NO se dejen engañar!!
Pros
Ninguno, es la peor empresa de Colombia
Cons
Todo es un mero engaño!!
Strong team members
Partner, Senior Manager, Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, IL17 March 2017
Depending on the role, each day can bring curveballs. There are roles for dynamic individuals and individuals that want to have an idea of what they are going to be doing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crowe Horwath LLP. Our community is ready to answer.