CrowdLinker (www.crowdlinker.com) is a young and innovative Toronto-based startup, formed after winning Startup Weekend Hamilton. We share a goal of developing professional networking tools that supercharge traditional networking and save time for recruiters, job-seekers, sales-people, etc.
CrowdLinker's initial product is a mobile application called EventLink (www.crowdlinker.com/eventlink), which allows you to look up detailed LinkedIn profiles of individuals attending a Meetup.com event. Our broader goal is to transform the way people network, by making it easier and more efficient.
We are looking for a talented User Interface Designer, who can create an exceptional mobile user experience for our EventLink app, combining efficiency and simplicity. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about design, aesthetics and usability.
- 1-3 years of UI design experience, preferably with a mobile web application focus.
- Passion for designing experiences for the mobile space including iOS and or Android.
- Expert web developer (CSS3 and HTML5), with working knowledge of CSS animations and transitions, and web conventions (including responsive web design).
- Strong knowledge of layout, typography, color and other design principles.
- Proven Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
What do we have to offer:
- A passionate co-founding team consisting of an experienced developer and two dedicated business co-founders, proficient in web application development and online marketing.
- An opportunity to execute your creative vision and exercise influence on building an innovative product.
- A ground-level opportunity to shape the direction of a new startup and participate in co-founder-level equity in the new venture.
Compensation: we are currently pursuing various accelerators, government grants and angel investment. Upon securing these sources of funding, a moderate wage may be available. However, please be advised that cash compensation is not guaranteed in the short-term.
How to apply: please apply through Indeed by clicking on the "Apply Now" button.
- A link to your personal portfolio of past projects.
- A link to your LinkedIn profile (if you have one).
- A summary of how you would be able to make a difference on our team.
- Your availability in the short-term and long-term (part-time or full-time).
You may include a traditional resume and cover letter as well, although it is not required.