CrowdLinker Inc. (www.crowdlinker.com) is a young and innovative Toronto-based startup. We are developing an innovative social sharing platform meant to disrupt the media space. If you are passionate about creating amazing user experiences along with beautiful and functional user interfaces, this is the right opportunity for you. As a team of entrepreneurs, we love working with great people, who love what they do and are great at it. Being an essential member of our team, you will be able to execute full creative control by shaping the user experience of the product we are developing.
Our ideal candidate
- Has a proven track record and is passionate about creating outstanding user experiences through beautifully executed design with great usability.
- Has an inspired portfolio with samples of user interfaces with clean visual design.
- Is knowledgeable enough to create wireframes that make sure the end user has a superb user experience.
- Is aware of best practices when designing user interfaces for mobile devices.
- Has strong knowledge of layout, typography, colour and other design principles.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, along with an outgoing personality.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Has strong work ethic and is able to meet deadlines.
- Should be able to clearly articulate ideas and persuade other members of the team to opt in when there’s a difference in opinion.
- Has a positive attitude and can take initiative.
What’s in it for you?
- A passionate team of people with complementary skills in web application development, project management, online marketing and finance.
- An opportunity to execute your creative vision and exercise influence on building an innovative product.
- Competitive compensation, benefits and potential for stock options.
- An excellent opportunity to do something you are passionate about, while having a direct impact on how users interact with our product.
- A ground-level opportunity to shape the direction of a new startup.
- A strong culture of excellence, mutual mentorship, and transparency.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Talk with customers to understand user behaviour, paints points and needs.
- Translate this insight into ideas that will make CrowdLinker’s product offering better, both disruptive new products/features and detailed tweaking of the existing product.
- Work with developers on the feasibility of ideas.
- Sketch and prototype ideas to test viability and how interactions feel.
- Iterate ideas based on feedback from the whole team.
- Design the fine grained details of interactions with the user in mind first and foremost.
- Work closely with developers as they build and ship ideas.
- Translate the wireframes into UI mockups in Photoshop.
- See the product from conception through production.
- Create responsive UI that would look and function equally great on desktop and mobile.
Duration of the project
This is a full-time employee role, not a contractor position. There will be a 5-month commitment (November to March), with a possibility to extend the role indefinitely beyond that.
How to apply?
Please apply through Indeed and include a link to your design portfolio. In addition to beautifully executed user interfaces, please include sketches and diagrams pertaining to real problems that you solved. Show the tradeoffs and solutions that you had to work around. Prototypes that illustrate interaction and animation, based on real data. Direct your application to Andrei Arkhanguelski.