CrowdLinker Inc. (www.crowdlinker.com) is a young and innovative Toronto-based startup. We are developing an innovative social sharing platform meant to disrupt the media space. If you are passionate about creating amazing user experiences along with beautiful and functional user interfaces, this is the right opportunity for you. As a team of entrepreneurs, we love working with great people, who love what they do and are great at it. Being an essential member of our team, you will be able to execute full creative control by shaping the user experience of the product we are developing.
- Talk with customers to understand user behaviour, paints points and needs.
- Translate this insight into ideas that will make CrowdLinker’s product offering better, both disruptive new products/features and detailed tweaking of the existing product.
- Work with developers on the feasibility of ideas.
- Sketch and prototype ideas to test viability and how interactions feel.
- Iterate ideas based on feedback from the whole team.
- Design the fine grained details of interactions with the user in mind first and foremost.
- Work closely with developers as they build and ship ideas.
- Translate the wireframes into UI mockups in Photoshop.
- See the product from conception through production.
- Create responsive UI that would look and function equally great on desktop and mobile.
Required Design expertise
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products.
- Experience designing experiences that people can access on any type of device, desktop, tablet, phone.
- Experience producing visual design. Appreciation for simple, beautiful design and a strong understanding of composition, symmetry and balance.
- Strong understanding of social design including behaviour patterns from psychology and social psychology.
- Strong understanding of data visualisation and using design to elegantly summarize large datasets.
Required Communication Skills
- Excellent communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals.
- Excellent self starter who can work directly with engineers.
- Must be comfortable in a very fast changing environment and thrive on short project cycles.
What’s in it for you?
- A passionate team of people with complementary skills in web application development, project management, online marketing and finance.
- An opportunity to execute your creative vision and exercise influence on building an innovative product.
- Competitive compensation, benefits and potential for stock options.
- An excellent opportunity to do something you are passionate about, while having a direct impact on how users interact with our product.
- A ground-level opportunity to shape the direction of a new startup.
- A strong culture of excellence, mutual mentorship, and transparency.
- Flexible work schedule.
Duration of the role
This is a full-time employee role, not a contractor position. There will be a 5-month initial commitment with a possibility to extend the role indefinitely beyond that.
How to apply?
Please apply through Indeed and include a link to your design portfolio. In addition to beautifully executed user interfaces, please include sketches and diagrams pertaining to real problems that you solved. Show the tradeoffs and solutions that you had to work around. Prototypes that illustrate interaction and animation, based on real data. Direct your application to Andrei Arkhanguelski.
Indeed - 30+ days ago