CrowdLinker Inc. (www.crowdlinker.com) is a young and innovative Toronto-based startup. We are developing an innovative social sharing platform meant to disrupt the media space. If you are passionate about creating amazing user experiences along with beautiful and functional user interfaces, this is the right opportunity for you. As a team of entrepreneurs, we love working with great people, who love what they do and are great at it. Being an essential member of our team, you will be able to execute full creative control by shaping the user experience of the product we are developing.
Our ideal candidate
- Has a proven track record and is passionate about creating outstanding user experiences through beautifully executed design with great usability.
- Has an inspired portfolio with samples of user interfaces with clean visual design.
- Is knowledgeable enough to create wireframes that make sure the end user has a superb user experience.
- Is aware of best practices when designing user interfaces for mobile devices.
- Has strong knowledge of layout, typography, color and other design principles.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, along with an outgoing personality.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Has strong work ethic and is able to meet deadlines.
- Should be able to clearly articulate ideas and persuade other members of the team to opt in when there’s a difference in opinion.
- Has a positive attitude and can take initiative.
What’s in it for you?
- A passionate team of people with complementary skills in web application development, project management, online marketing and finance.
- An opportunity to execute your creative vision and exercise influence on building an innovative product.
- An excellent opportunity to do something you are passionate about, while having a direct impact on how users interact with our product.
- A ground-level opportunity to shape the direction of a new startup.
- A strong culture of excellence, mutual mentorship, and transparency.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Participate in Customer Development interviews in order to better understand the needs of end users.
- Create wireframes and clearly articulate the thought process behind them.
- Translate the wireframes into UI mockups in Photoshop.
- See the product from conception through production.
- Design amazing user experiences with the user in mind first and foremost.
- Create responsive UI that would look and function equally great on desktop and mobile.
A competitive salary with benefits will be provided with potential for stock options.
Duration of the project
This is going to be a full-time position. If we like your work, there is a good chance the role will be extended indefinitely, contingent on the company being able to secure further funding in Q3 2014.
How to apply?
Apply through Indeed and include the work that you're most proud of with an annotation of how you solved each UX problem. Your portfolio will be the single most important factor in evaluating you for this position. If you have a Dribbble/Behance profile, please include a link to it as well. In your email tell us what you would like get out of your experience at CrowdLinker. Resume and cover letter are not necessary.
When applying, please address your application to Andrei Arkhanguelski (Co-Founder).