CrowdLinker Inc. (www.crowdlinker.com) is a young and innovative Toronto-based startup. We create software solutions that help people and organizations network in disruptive new ways. Our tools introduce them to new business connections and allow them to engage further with their existing ones. Our current MVP app is called EventLink. It shows you the detailed LinkedIn profiles of everyone at an event, all in one view, making it easy for you to find and connect with the right people at events. Currently it works with thousands of events and has great traction so far.
We are aggressively growing our feature set over the coming months. Our new tools will allow individuals and organizations to aggressively grow their number of business connections (sales leads, followers, event attendees, potential recruits etc.) by using unique use of social media APIs and other original techniques.
We have just been accepted into the DRIVEN Accelerator (http://drivenaccelerator.com). As a result, the entire CrowdLinker team will be working out of the CSI Annex (720 Bathurst St.) shared office space from April to August.
As a Lead Back-End Developer / Software Engineer, you will be working on building the system architecture for an innovative platform. Using your extensive experience with modern software frameworks, programming models, and key web technologies, you will create elegant and usable code, while constantly looking for better ways to do things.
What you can expect on the job:
- Work towards weekly milestones in an agile development environment.
- Program the server-side code, using PHP and/or Ruby on Rails.
- Manage the data model database using SQL or noSQL.
- Participate in architecture discussions and writing code to scale.
- Stay current with relevant technologies, proactively develop and suggest architecture changes.
- Meet with team to assess feasibility and priority of new features.
- Write and maintain proper programming documentation.
What we're looking for:
- Familiarity with cloud services, such as S3, EC2 or Hiroku
- Ability to write modular, maintainable, simple, and well-documented code.
- A proven track record of learning new technologies quickly.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A portfolio of projects.
Bonus points for Mobile development experience (e.g. iOS, Android)
What do we have to offer:
- A passionate co-founding team consisting of 2 experienced developers and two dedicated business co-founders, proficient in web application development and online marketing.
- By working with our existing technical co-founder, we can help you become a better web developer.
- A true startup experience of building a great company with a clear mission.
- A ground-level opportunity to shape the direction of a new startup and participate in co-founder-level equity in the new venture.
Compensation: we are currently pursuing various government grants and angel investment. Upon securing these sources of funding, a moderate wage may be available, however, please be advised that cash compensation is not guaranteed.
Please apply through Indeed and include the following:
- Your LinkedIn profile URL.
- A summary of what would make you an asset to our team.
- A link to your Github profile (if applicable).
- Your availability in the short-term and long-term (part-time or full-time).
(You may include a traditional resume and cover letter as well, although it is not required.)