CrowdLinker Inc. (www.crowdlinker.com) is a young and innovative Toronto-based startup, formed after winning Startup Weekend Hamilton. We share a goal of developing professional networking tools that supercharge traditional networking and save time for recruiters, job-seekers, sales-people, etc.
CrowdLinker's initial product is a mobile application called EventLink (www.crowdlinker.com/eventlink), which allows you to look up detailed LinkedIn profiles of individuals attending a Meetup.com event. Our broader goal is to transform the way people network, by making it easier and more efficient. We have teamed up with Achilles Media - a business to business facilitation company - to accomplish this goal.
If you are a resourceful and experienced front-end developer with design chops and solid coding skills, we would love to hear from you!
Things you can expect on the job:
- Play a pivotal role in communicating information in the best manner to our target demographic
- Create wireframes and mock interactions to explain how UX would look like
What we're looking for:
- Ability to write cross browser code for modern browsers
- Attention to detail in design and execution
- A proven track record of learning new technologies quickly;
- A portfolio of projects.
Bonus points for mobile development experience (e.g. HTML5, iOS, Android).
What do we have to offer:
- A passionate co-founding team consisting of 2 experienced developers and two dedicated business co-founders, proficient in web application development and online marketing;
- By working with our existing technical co-founder, we can help you become a better web developer;
- A true startup experience of building a great company with a clear mission
- A ground-level opportunity to shape the direction of a new startup and participate in co-founder-level equity in the new venture.
Compensation: we are currently pursuing various government grants and angel investment. Upon securing these sources of funding, a moderate wage may be available, however, please be advised that cash compensation is not guaranteed.
Please apply through Indeed and include the following:
- Your LinkedIn profile URL
- A link to your portfolio
- A summary of what would make you an asset to our team
- Your availability in the short-term and long-term (part-time, full-time, etc.)
(You may include a traditional resume and cover letter as well, although it is not required.)