Serving as an authority figure in the kitchen, the sous chef is assistant to the executive chef. The sous chef works to support the
vision of the executive chef and the restaurant as a whole. If the Chef is unavailable or off for the night, the sous chef steps into
command. Responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen, and provides professional leadership and direction to kitchen
personnel. Ensures that all recipes, food preparations, and presentations meet restaurant’s specifications and commitment to
quality. Maintains a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen. Demonstrates this by example, using proper food-handling techniques.
- Prepares daily production list
- Ensures that all stations remain stocked before and during the meal period
- Verifies that kitchen staff follows all recipes and portion servings correctly
- Keeps kitchen, dish, and storage areas clean and organized
- Places food and supply orders as directed
- Actively participates as a member of the management team
- Manages staffing levels throughout shift
- Oversees kitchen labor and food cost to budgetary requirements
- Provides training to newly hired employee
- Receives product deliveries, verifying invoice and freshness of product
- * College or culinary training or extensive cooking and
- A minimum of 3 years working in a food preparation position
- Understanding of proper use and maintenance of major kitchen
equipment, including stoves, refrigeration,slicer & knives
- Problem-solving abilities, be self-motivated & organized.
- Professional communication skills, oral and written
HOW TO APPLY
No phone calls please. To be considered for the position, please email a cover letter and resume to information below
Make sure to identify the name of the position that you are applying for.
Please note: We thank all applicants; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills and is a team
- Works well under pressure.
- Basic math skills
- Able to take direction
- WHMIS certification (not required but preferred)