POSITION TITLE Bartender START DATE June 2014
POSITION TYPE Full Time - Seasonal END DATE September 2014
LOCATION Rosseau, Ontario
WORK LIVE & PLAY in Rosseau, Ontario this summer season, a gem in the heart of Muskoka.
Crossroads Restaurant offers you the opportunity to do just this. Recognized as the top restaurant in the Muskoka area, you can expect a busy but rewarding summer. As seasoned experts in the culinary world, owners and executive chefs Richard
and Julie Lalonde provide a perfect atmosphere for passionate individuals looking to gain and or develop their skills in the
hospitality industry. Julie and Richard strive to include fresh locally grown produce and meat in all of their mouth watering
creations. The idea of “real cooking” with fresh and not frozen ingredients is of great importance at Crossroads Restaurant,
and the results speak for themselves. If you are passionate about food, thrive in a fast paced, team oriented, learning
environment, this is the place for you! We offer competitive wages, job specific training, opportunities for advancement,
and seasonal accommodations assistance if needed.
The main function of the bartender is to fill drink orders either taken directly from patrons at the bar or through the waiters and
waitresses who place drink orders for dining room customers. The bartender must know a wide range of drink recipes and be
able to mix drinks accurately, quickly, and without waste. Besides mixing and serving drinks, the bartender will stock and prepare
garnishes for drinks; maintain an adequate supply of ice, glasses, and other bar supplies; and keep the bar area clean for
customers. They also may collect payment, operate the cash register, wash glassware and utensils, and serve food to customers
seated at the bar.
- Prepare beverages according to recipe, using the appropriate products and glassware.
- Practice responsible selling and service of alcohol at all times as mandated by the Liquor Board of Ontario.
- Display knowledge of all menues, ingredients in specialty drinks, restaurant layout and liquor laws
- Must listen and respond to customer complaints
- Ensure entire bar area, including bar top, floors, tables, and stools are clean and free of clutter at all times
- Perform stocking duties and inventory maintenance before, during, and after every shift
- Take orders and serve food to customers seated at the bar and requesting take out
- Make a constant effort to become familiar with regular customers and how to meet their needs
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and unsupervised
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Previous customer service experience
- SMART serve certification
- Knowledgeable in mixology
HOW TO APPLY
No phone calls please. To be considered for the position, please email a cover letter and resume to information below Make sure to identify the name of the position that you are applying for.
Please note: We thank all applicants; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
- WHMIS certification
- Previous bartending
Indeed - 13 months ago