CROSSMARK

CROSSMARK Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Like the fact that you do your scheduling of projects and set your own hours and days to work.
Merchandiser/Sales Rep (Current Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 4, 2014
I currently call on one Major Department store so I schedule my projects from a computer generated schedule. New projects drop each week and I am responsible for completing these by their due dates. The thing I enjoy most about this job is being interactive with store personnel as well as customers.
Bait and switch
merchandising (dedicated team) (Former Employee), New YorkFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: make your own schedule
Cons: everything else
This company at first I thought would be great to work for. I am a mom with only early mornings or late nights available to work due to my hubby's work schedule, and the ability to make your own schedule is great, but that's where it ends. I was given a list of stores I would have to merchandise bi weekly or monthly which I expected. Most were within – more... a 30 mile distance which isn't bad, but you don't get mileage reimbursement until 2 hours or 81 miles of driving. Mileage is .50 per mile there after so for example one store was about 86 miles away round trip and I got paid for 5 miles ($2.50) after that was all said and done. You also only get paid for the time you actually spend in the store, i.e. 40 to 60 minutes, so that entire drive plus the 2 hours I spent in 3 stores amounted to less than $30.

Management sent me an email with additional stores I would have to merchandise, one was over 126 miles away (252 roundtrip), another 76 miles away, another 80 plus miles away to spend 60 minutes in the store. In the end I would have spent more in gas money than I would have made merchandising the store or being "reimbursed".

Also you must own a printer and print out pages and pages of assignments for each store, some are over 10 pages long! You get reimbursed 6 cents for each page, but with printer ink being expensive as it is and printing out more than 60 pages a day you are actually paying for it yourself in the end (like the gas).

Overall horrible company, I would not recommend anyone with a family to support to apply and I understand why the turnover rate is so high. – less
Working with group was not easy
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: when i worked my own store and my own hrs.
Cons: working in the group setting.
After crossmark bought out the company I was with everything changed. I had my own store to work everyday m-f 8 hrs a day. Then crossmark changed and we had to work in a group of about 6-8 people. There was alot of problems putting everyone together.
Tons of fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Twin Cities, MNJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: great people, fun work, freedom
Cons: traveling frequently
I loved and miss this job a ton! it was great working with such nice people, and always having a new work environment every day. Team working was always a blast, and every individual project was easy to understand.
flexible
Data Collector (Current Employee), GaJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: driving with no good compensation for gas
Really flexible schedule and the job isn't difficult, but can be at times cumbersome and monotonous.
Best Grocery Workers Around!
Inventory Specialist for Grocery (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: $10 an hour, plus gas compensation.
Cons: hard work, not for the weak or slow witted!
These guys get the job done! Without the Crossmark team we wouldnt have any groceries in the Dairy section or Dry Goods aisles. They do very extensive training for their Inventory Logging and have fun contests to see who can sell the most items by location and boldness of their displays.
Great work inviroment
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXJanuary 30, 2014
My job here consisted of me preparing and cooking food or setting up demos for customers. I mostly enjoyed getting to meet different people everyday.
to many changes
Special Project Member (Former Employee), Lombard, ILJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: different place everyday
Cons: not steady
got me back into the grocery industery calling on all types of stores
So far so good
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: set time an days. pay is above average
I just started this second job to gain more experience and of course extra cash! So far my team's very respectful and laid back. We get in there and sucessfully complete our task. My team lead and supervisors are amazingly helpful.
This is a seasonal part time job
Retail Merchandiser, Acosta, Cross (Current Employee), Alabama, FLJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: my scanning device to work my stores, makes my production more efficiant
Cons: when my device does not pick up service in some stores
I set my own hours and schedule per week. Enjoy working with the Wal-Mart Team, they are all very helpful and courteous. Management and I have a great working relationship, that when I need to do sets or resets they make space to put the new product I bring in to their department. I would say that the hardest part of my job is when my company send product – more... and materials to my home address instead of the Wal-Mart receiving department makes it a little difficult for me to transport in my vehicle, some of the product is to big to fit in the trunk of my car. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a reset is complete, how neat and professional the job looks for the photos that I have to take and upload to my company. – less
Like my job
Demo Sales (Current Employee), Vincennes, INJanuary 24, 2014
I like my job. It is a fun job. I get to talk to and interact with people.
Enjoyable and flexible, but not enough hours
Field Intelligence (Current Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: control own schedule
Cons: part time work
This job has been enjoyable and very flexible. A typical day at work really depends on the day of the week. On Wednesdays, we download our work for the week. Then begin researching the requested products. After this, we travel to the specific stores and locate the products. After locating the products, we enter the specific details of the products into – more... the computer. This process is repeated for each of the items on our work list for the week. If we have found all of our requested items, we spend the required amount of time in each flagship store scanning items in the store looking for products which are not already in the company database. I have learned additional time management skills on this job as well as some new computer programs. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new people and usually working in a different location every day. The hardest part of this job is that it is part time and usually only 25 hours per week. – less
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: early days
Cons: not enough hours given
Early morning resets are great. Company and employee morale was good as well.
Crossmark
job (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJanuary 21, 2014
I did like the job a lot, but it was just a lot of standing and i did not like. Over all i did like the job
Demonstrate products
Demonstrator (Former Employee), Oak Grove, KYJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: talking to people daily
Cons: not enough hours
i would demonstrate products to help stores sell inventory
Fun Place to work
Part Time Retail Representative (Former Employee), Temple, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Had to drive to certain location to merchandise certain specific items
PT is OK Work - Full Time Positions BEWARE!
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: the checks don't bounce
Cons: bad benefits, use it or lose it vacation, horrid compensation, bad executive management
I think the part time reps on some teams have a great job and opportunity. Could be decent work for people starting out, needing very part time income and the retired or semi-retired.

From someone who worked full time in several positions at this company I can only say that you should RUN from this company. They will nickel and time you with poor compensation, – more... change the job description and increase your duties to what two people should be covering without notice or concern or care.

The regional management while supportive are in the in-between stage. They forget the folks who work day in and day out to ensure they have job and hold standards that are unattainable. Once you move up the corporate structure it just gets worse with the most out of touch division managers, VP's and EVP's who care more about their bonus and have a "coach them in or coach them out" directive.

The "owners" who recently sold controlling interest to a venture capital firm are the worst of them all. Out of touch and out of reality hands off people who proudly tell the world via the Dallas News "The pasture is ruled by Excel, the company’s longhorn bull mascot, cheerfully referred to as their “most productive employee,” having sired numerous cattle and beefalo." – less
Could have been closer
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 14, 2014
Cons: do not treat their female employees fairly
It was a battle and a half to get out long island since I do not drive.
The managers have been getting fired left and right for stealing from the company. While they hire perverted old men to our supervisors and ignore sexual harassment complaints that all women (including me) made to HR.
No work,but company keeps hiring
Retail Merchandiser /Lead Demonstrator (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: flexiblity-limited supervision
Cons: no hours, supervisors have a tendency to have no spine, cant backup any of thier employess when needed in terms of store support, no benefits whatsoever
If you are like me,needing hours to stay afloat,staying away from a company like this,is you best decision.This company is always placing ads for extra work however,for those of us,already hired,its been a nightmare getting any type of hours from them.

this month alone,I have gotten 1 day,thats a success.Otherwise,the company overall is ok to work – more... at,if you are a retiree or a student. – less
jewel foods
Lead Event Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, and ScottsdaleJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: jewel would give employess 10% off name brand items
Cons: could never get enough hrs. to go full time, and could not get spouse employed lack of hrs.
I usually worked 2-3 days a week there except holidays which then it was usually 7-14 straight days between the two jobs I had. I enjoyed working at jewel because in the floral dept. most people are in a great mood because they are buying flowers for some special occasion. The holidays were trying but also fun we would have so much product coming in – more... and it had to be out of course by the holiday so it was pressure but fun. Usually worked alone, but once again during a holiday we (4) girls all worked together, and we worked well together so that was enjoyable. Most time there was first and foremost customer service, then and in between I would process flowers, or water dept. make arrangements each day was different. – less

About CROSSMARK

CROSSMARK helps clients in the consumer packaged goods industry get products in and out of stores. The company provides headquarter – Read more