CROSSMARK

CROSSMARK Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Don't work here
Demo Specialist (Former Employee), SarasotaOctober 14, 2014
Pros: eat everything
Cons: nothing
Crossmark suck butt. first off they only give you 10 hours a week, how can you live off that a-holes. When you first start working (which will be 2-4 months after your hired) then when the a-holes want to start you working at an store, you tell them that you plans for that week, they blow-up and tell you to quit. B-PLEASE!!!!! Crossmark SUCKS!!!!
Loved This Job
Retail Representative (Former Employee), Bedford, INOctober 13, 2014
Pros: meeting so many fascinating people
Cons: a lot of driving with high gas prices
I loved doing this work, I had the opportunity to go into businesses, and meet all kinds of very nice people, I enjoyed doing store resets, displays and checking products for expiration dates.
Dont wish to review.
District Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), New YorkOctober 13, 2014
No longer work for company only with company short period
of time don't wish to give review.
Challenging, changing, work each day
Samsung Dedicated Team Rep (Current Employee), Plano, TXOctober 12, 2014
Pros: the ever changing faces
Cons: not full time
My past experience and training has added new and more challenging projects over and above my job description.
I enjoy the demands and ever changing needs this job puts me in. Each week I can expect on altering my schedule to take lead on a new hot project, train a new hire or rectify a Samsung display that is out of my territory another Rep is having – more... trouble with installing.
With my Microsoft training and Educational experience I am just as proficient with correcting technical problems as leading a team. One of my favorite tasks is training my Account’s Associates on the new Samsung products making them better salespeople. – less
Independent
Engagement Specialist (Current Employee), Fresno, CAOctober 11, 2014
Pros: nice pay, independent, builds great socializing skills
Cons: time moves slow when you're alone
This company is great! The only thing confusing is the "Onboarding Process" when they hired you. Everything is done electronically. Other than that, you work independently (sometimes with others) in a comfortable grocery store setting.
no real job
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 10, 2014
Cons: hostile work environment caused by manager
This is not what you would call a real job. This is something you do on the side of a job for extra money or if you're a bored housewife, or if you have no education. I had a terrible experience working for this company. The manager picked at me and one other person but never anybody else. She would find fault deliberately. She would sometimes show – more... up when I had 10 min. of lunch left and then ask me what time I left for lunch and then force me to cut my lunch short. Then she would follow me as I was walking back to my workstation and just stop at someone else's cart and just watch me for about an hour. Also, once, I had a hypoglycemic attack, and her boss was there. She looked at me like I was faking it. Luckily, her boss is pretty nice and was diabetic, and thus, he knew I wasn't faking. So then the manager started pretending like she felt bad for me. Also, I was told that I was not allowed to have a second job, but the manager had no problem letting everyone else have a second job. Another thing that happened is that there was a coworker who was very racist and who made a racial remark against minorities. When told about it, the manager did nothing. No discipline whatsoever. In addition, someone told me that their wife got fired at another location when the manager saw that her husband was black. When I shop at Sam's Club now, she behaves the same way by following me and watching me, and I have not worked for her in at least 2 yrs. Working here was basically working in a hostile work environment. – less
GREAT JOB FOR TRUE MERCHANDISER
Reset Merchandiser (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2014
Pros: merchandising
Cons: pay for travel time
GREAT JOB FOR TRUE MERCHANDISERS.
I LOVE MERCHANDISING AND THIS JOB LETS YOU TRAVEL AROUND TO DIFFERENT STORE TO GET THEM TO THE RETAIL STORE STANDARDS OF MERCHANDISE EXHIBITING.
Great Management
Account Executive (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: managable work load
Cons: hard to get promoted, time consuming.
Working for Safeway was a great experience. I had great mentors and the leadership was the best I have ever seen in this industry. There was room for advancement as well.
great second partime job thats it
Data Collector/Field Service Representitve (Current Employee), HemetOctober 8, 2014
Pros: work with no supervision work when i want
Cons: the fact that the pasition is not supposed to go over ten hours
great job not enough hours very minimal training have to be a figure it out on your own type of person to even succeed.
OK
Event Marketing/Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Riverdale NJOctober 6, 2014
Pros: earn a little extra cash
Cons: management
Ok place to work for a little extra cash. Most of the managers have poor communication skills and people skills
customer manager
Customer Manager (Former Employee), Foxborough, MAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: great co workers and customers, good working enviroment, involved in industry outings and special events
Cons: healthcare, expenses, corporate direction
working with manufacturers and customers to solve daily issues. Reviewed weekly sales, created forecasts, managed inventory and orders, created and entered promotional planner, responsible for all new items - new item setup, presentations, and execution.

gave me the opportunity to call on major accounts. learned how to managed accounts professionally, – more... retrieve valuable information, answer questions on a timely basis, execute all requests, and create a great working environment with clients and customers.

hardest part of the job is working with customer and client on service level issues. As a broker, these issues are out of the our hands but they effect sales and customer service level goals. Key part of my job is to try to resolve these issues in a timely manner and get product to customers as quiclky as possible.

great industry, dealing with people, industry related special events, seeing hardwork payoff in increased sales for customer and client – less
I'm looking for work someplace else and you should too.
event specialist (Current Employee), Appleton. WIOctober 5, 2014
Cons: no reward for faithfulness and hard workstation
nonnot apply here. No chance for advancement. New employees get higher wages than old faithful ones. No one got raises in the four years. Making less money than when I started because the cut our hours. Schedule constantly changing. You'll go to bed with no job listed on computer get a phone call the next morning Where are you? You can never make any – more... plans always on call. Hours so erratic you cant do it with kids and daycare. Expect 12 hours a week 24 Max and they always expect a lot for the piddly amount you get. They reduce your hours to give to new people that come in to string them along until they get wise and quit.On your feet constantly some team members almost crippled. Will not let you sit or acommodate those with disabilities. Feds are in process of filing class action suit. Look for job somewhere else. – less
Technology and Merchandising at its best
Merchandiser - Part time weekdays (Former Employee), Plano, TXOctober 3, 2014
Pros: highly technical and prepared staff
Cons: no equipment nor tools
Crossmark has a reputation for relying on both high level technology as well as skilled Merchandisers on their stores whe it comes to products and schedule. Very organized when it comes to schedule and email notifications. It was a pleasure working with such a high level of proficiency and readiness. I've learned a lot from Crossmark.
Very flexible time table.
Retail Representative - Part Time (Current Employee), Stuart, VAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: manage yourself, low stress, usually very easy work, more like quality control.
Cons: part time work only, no benifits, no pay increases or paid time off or sick pay, limited hours.
My boss is fantastic and very easy to work with. The job has its challenges like when trying to work projects on 1st of the month or during a store is having corp visitors.

Very flexible for time management as far as time of day or week you can preform store visits.

You manage yourself for the most part.

Now that I have build strong relationships – more... with store staff I feel like I am visiting with friends while we work to complete a needed task which makes the work more fun. – less
Merchandising Position
Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee), Plano, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not enough work.
I was hired for a new program.. very disorganized and not challenging enough. Too much non productive time ina week.
I promote different items to the public
Marketing Advertiser (Current Employee), Plano, TXOctober 2, 2014
I get ready and get my cart set up, I take my cart out on the floor and promote as hard as I can to try to get people to buy my product. Sometimes it could be baked goods that I promote, such as bagels with butter on it. I will promote people to try and buy it. But sometimes it could be vitamins for both children and adults.
Senior-level Sales Representative
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Denver, COOctober 1, 2014
Pros: you get to set your own schedule
Cons: have not had a pay raise since i began with the company
At this time I service 25 Walmarts and basically I am responsible for anything that goes on with our products in those Walmarts. This ranges from planogram's, displays, general marketing, and anything else that might come up.
For me the best thing about my job is my supervisor as she has been very willing to work with me as special needs may have come – more... up – less
Loved working at Crossmark until my position was terminated due to client contract discontinued.
Retail Supervisor, L'Oreal Merchandiser (Former Employee), ArkansasSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: multiple divisions/teams to work on, great managers!
Cons: contracts with clients can end with 2 week notice, leaving you without a job!
Crossmark has multiple openings within my city but did not attempt to contact me for transfer to another team/division even though I applied to 10 positions that I am qualified for. We were told that if we applied and notified our supervisors we would be escalated to recruiting for possible transfers. Never happened in my particular case so I am very – more... dissatisfied with how this was handled. – less
enjoyable and varying demo specialist
Road Show Specialist; Event Specialist (Former Employee), BJ's Wholesale Maple Shade, NJSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: varied product lines to sample and display.
Cons: only temporary.
A typical day at work required great flexibility and hard work . I learned to deal with many types of people, and to show enthusiasm for many product lines. Management was demanding with strong adherence to many rules. My coworkers were most congenial. The hardest part of the job was the ongoing chaos as the program was just starting up. The most enjoyable – more... part was always my wonderful customers. – less
would be a fun job if we were given incentives.....like bonuses or raises, or commission.
Part-time Lead Event Specialist (Former Employee), Plano, TXSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: they hire retirees and the schedule is somewhat flexable
Cons: no bonuses, no raises, thankless and deathly, mind numbingly boring at times.
I was an event specialist for 6 months and then promoted to lead event specialist at a Plano, TX location up until 2 weeks ago when I left in disgust. I worked very very hard because that is my work ethic. There are no other reason to work that hard, because there is no other reward for hard work. There are no incentives. It would have been extremely – more... helpful if I, or the ES's whom I managed, received some kind of bonus structure, some kind of recognition for meeting or exceeding goals. The rate of burn out is high and the demands of some people in supervisory positions are extraordinary. When I accepted the promotion, and after I excelled at the testing I was required to pass, I was guaranteed 7 hours per day, 4 days per week. My hours were shortly thereafter reduced to 6 hours per day with no guarantee of days per week. I don't know if this was company policy or just particular to my supervisor, who was awful, but I was expected to complete the same amount of work within those reduced hours as when I worked the full 7 hours/4 days. In fact, additional work was added which caused many hours of overtime that I was not compensated for. My supervisor was OCD and treated his leads and ES's horribly. He was promoted from lead.....a good thing......but what management training he received I couldn't say. He was just awful and made the job twice as bad as it already was through coercion and threats. I endured this for an unlivable wage.This company could be the CHEAPEST company I've ever worked for. I would never go back and don't recommend this company or this thankless job to anyone. – less

About CROSSMARK

Welcome! You have found your way to career opportunities at CROSSMARK. As a leader in consumer goods sales and marketing, we are – Read more