CROSSMARK Employee Reviews

Experience
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2013
Working as a demonstrator is a good experience and we learn how to deal with customers and demonstrate them the products. Greet treat and sell is the motto of the company. I like the pay and the benefits.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
very less working days, and ignorance by the customers in some situations
Its a great way to learn how to interact
In-Store Demo Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 November 2013
basically the job consist of setting up booths,prepare samples, give out samples, and interact the only really downside is the standing you stand for 6 hours and sometimes your feet might hurt

also you work alone
Cons
long hours standing on your feet
Crossmark
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC31 January 2015
Crossmark is an excellent company to work for. They treat all their employees with mutual respect and courtesy. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new people every day and being able to give generous samples to them.
Pleasant environment enjoyed selling to the customers
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2014
The work place is a nice environment. Everyone was very friendly and respectful. Whenever I needed help with a problem or had any questions I was given an answer right away
Comfortable, productive and interactive environment
Demo Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2013
A typical day at work consists of: Checking into the store location that was assigned, checking inventory, setting up table for a professional display, cleaning supplies that will be used during the event, cooling or cooking (depending on which samples one is serving) food to make it tasty for the customer, memorizing product attributes from sales plan, and telling customers about them, serving the proper amount in portion cups and encourage people to try them.

The management is excellent because workers are always emailed a week before or so about their projects and all questions and concerns are always taken care of.

The hardest part of the job is sometimes putting the table together, and putting everything away and carrying the heavy table into back room or upstairs.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with others, learning about the product and the very helpful and kind people I work with.
Pros
Works very well with a student's schedule
Cons
Heavy tables
Great Company
Retail Recruiter, Western Canada (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 February 2015
I truly enjoy my job and I have learned a great many skills in my time with them.

Fantastic co workers and great teams. I recommend them as a great place to work
Fun company to work for...
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 March 2015
Each work day consists of doing product demonstrations in Walmart Stores. You work with all kinds of different people, which is what makes the job fun.
ok if you do not need hours
E.S. (Current Employee) –  Oshawa Ont21 April 2015
good company to work for except hours cannot be guaranteed. sometimes there are no shifts available. good way to introduce yourself to new products.
Enjoyable place to work
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 February 2015
Wonderful company to work for, loved the scheduling flexibility.
The supervisor and trainers were super nice to work with..
Pros
flexible hours were great
Cons
----
Met great people
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON9 January 2014
I only had a few shifts a week but the pay was alright. There wasn't anything hard about the job and it didn't last very long. My trainer was great and the job was easy to pick up.
data collection
no (Former Employee) –  cambridge20 May 2012
worst company to work for they promise 20 hrs but you need to work faster then fast. I ended up getting 6 hrs a week which didnt cover the cost of gas , internet etc... waste of time.
Cons
no pay raise
Demo food for customers to sample
Event Planner (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON14 October 2014
Set up cart
Purchase product to demo
Prepare food for sampling
Clean up cart and utensils used
Pros
Customer Contact
Cons
No product on shelf for demo
n/a
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 October 2013
I have only done seasonal work for this company. They seem to be reasonably well organised and straight forward to work for.
If you want a flexible job are quick at solving problems and independent this job will work for you
Data collection (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta28 August 2015
I work with the company for 4 year over that time I had 8 different managers and the majority of them were all hired out of the company and did not receive much training. Which affected the staff below. Due to the managers poor planning we would receive "emergency" stores to complete that day since the deadline for them was two days ago.
When I was hired I received a 5 min training session on a project that took over 8 hours to complete with no support from the team lead or the main manager. When I had questions about the project I had to guess at the correct answer and hope that it was correct. When I wanted to branch off into other areas of the job I had to claw my way trying to get extra work... Too many staff and not enough regular work. When special project came up there was always a good chunk to go around but that happens irregular.

If your a hard worker, expect to be asked to help train people, even though there are team leads (the people that are suppose to be the trainers) you will not get a increase in wage to do this or any other perk.

If you have a concern that you take to HR they will do nothing but twist things back on you. If you do not get let go after dealing with hr expect your work world to be a nightmare until you do quit.

My advice for people thinking of working for this company, be a strong individual that can work with extremely limited support, be quick on your feet when problems come up and when you do have to call your supervisor be persistent because they are always over worked, usually taking care of there district plus another.
  more... because the company can not keep management and over work the ones they do have.  less
Pros
Flexible work schedual great for when kids are in school
Cons
poor management, very little training either in the field or with devices
Was not trained properly by local management.
Demo and sample hand out person (Former Employee) –  Amherst, Nova Scotia8 November 2014
This was a big joke all of use had no idea what we needed to do so I would start working trying to get things moving. Then I would get told off in front of other workers and people in the store where we were setting up. They were rude and really disrespectful to me in a way I've never experienced. If you needed more information or had a question they didn't know the answer and would never get back to.

There was fun dealing with customer and meeting people I will say.
You stand all day do not get any breaks and if your lucky you might get time for lunch. They don't pay to bad I would say fair, but you'll work for it.
I tired to speak to one Crossmark manager or what ever they call them about the way they were acting towards me and ,I couldn't get a word out of my mouth. I was much older then most of the people working there and I told them because I'm a diabetic I needed to snack or eat and keep a eye on my sugar.

I should of wore a diaper because I was lucky to get to use the washroom. It seemed like a fun job at first but the things started go south as you got a taste of the manager. I really think that all of us doing the work would of done much better on our own. The last day they took our lunch time away and wanted to change it to two 15 minute breaks lol, the only ones that liked that idea was the smokers, well it didn't work out for me. I've worked for 35 years and was doing this to keep busy and I like to work.

So when I tired to talk to the manager to try and reason with her she told me I was fired. First time I've ever been fired from a job.

Well that's
  more... my story and not saying don't ever work there it might work for you!  less
Pros
the customers were fun to work with
Cons
poor training more like you have to take charge for yourself.
Travail agréable
Marchandiseur (Current Employee) –  Rive sud de Montreal10 April 2016
Travailler en collaboration avec le ou la gérante de département
est un outils gagnant
Travailler d'une manière positive donne des résultats positifs
Quand je fais de gros plano je suis en équipe avec une collègue
ont fait nos magasins ensemble c'est plus efficace
L'aspect le plus difficile c'est que le travail n'est pas régulier
Le plus agréable on gère notre temps
Pros
Gérer sont temps
Cons
pas toujours de travail
le travail
Commis à l'inventaire (Current Employee) –  Rimouski24 December 2014
Le travail est simple et vous pouvez vous permettre de fixer vos propres jours de travail .
Votre propre emploi du temps du moment que le travail soit fait.
La superviseur st extraordinaire et aide toujours les employés en cas de besoin.
Les voyages sont les aspects les plus difficiles à mon avis, mais aussi cela te permet de connaitre d'autres villes.
L'aspect positif est que les gérants des magasins sont fantastiques
Environnement de travail agréable
Représentant (Current Employee) –  Mauricie28 September 2015
Environnement de travail agréable, très bonne équilibre de vie. Facilité de communication avec les cadres.
agréable
Préposée aux dégustations (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 August 2014
Pas du tout stressant, inviter les clients a goûter a la dégustation, vendre le produit, conclure la vente.
Pros
tranquillité
Cons
seul