CROSSMARK Employee Reviews

Experience
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2013
Working as a demonstrator is a good experience and we learn how to deal with customers and demonstrate them the products. Greet treat and sell is the motto of the company. I like the pay and the benefits.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
very less working days, and ignorance by the customers in some situations
Got bored easily.
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, New Brunswick, CanadaApril 4, 2013
I've worked for crossmark for the last two months, then suddenly I'm not on the schedule for the next 2 weeks and the past 2 weeks. I have quit and did not like how unorganized the company seems to be. It is hard to work without a direct supervisor in your area. My closet manager was in Ontairo. However, working with the people (consumers) in my area and letting them take a treat with them was rewarding.
Pros
good wage, supportive in your life, hours are there if you want them
Cons
last minute, standing, got bored easily, schedules always coming out later than expected, had a hard time getting hold of someone sometimes
ok if you do not need hours
E.S. (Current Employee) –  Oshawa OntApril 21, 2015
good company to work for except hours cannot be guaranteed. sometimes there are no shifts available. good way to introduce yourself to new products.
Was not trained properly by local management.
Demo and sample hand out person (Former Employee) –  Amherst, Nova ScotiaNovember 8, 2014
This was a big joke all of use had no idea what we needed to do so I would start working trying to get things moving. Then I would get told off in front of other workers and people in the store where we were setting up. They were rude and really disrespectful to me in a way I've never experienced. If you needed more information or had a question they didn't know the answer and would never get back to.

There was fun dealing with customer and meeting people I will say.
You stand all day do not get any breaks and if your lucky you might get time for lunch. They don't pay to bad I would say fair, but you'll work for it.
I tired to speak to one Crossmark manager or what ever they call them about the way they were acting towards me and ,I couldn't get a word out of my mouth. I was much older then most of the people working there and I told them because I'm a diabetic I needed to snack or eat and keep a eye on my sugar.

I should of wore a diaper because I was lucky to get to use the washroom. It seemed like a fun job at first but the things started go south as you got a taste of the manager. I really think that all of us doing the work would of done much better on our own. The last day they took our lunch time away and wanted to change it to two 15 minute breaks lol, the only ones that liked that idea was the smokers, well it didn't work out for me. I've worked for 35 years and was doing this to keep busy and I like to work.

So when I tired to talk to the manager to try and reason with her she told me I was fired. First time I've ever been fired from a job.

Well that's my story
  more... and not saying don't ever work there it might work for you!  less
Pros
the customers were fun to work with
Cons
poor training more like you have to take charge for yourself.
Great Company
Retail Recruiter, Western Canada (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 23, 2015
I truly enjoy my job and I have learned a great many skills in my time with them.

Fantastic co workers and great teams. I recommend them as a great place to work
Bad Managment
Retail Merchandising/ Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEDecember 30, 2014
1. Manager was hard to get a hold off;
2. Seldom ever returned calls or emails;
3. Got disciplined for making suggestions that would have helped getting the work done quickly and more efficiently;
4. Very little training.
Pros
flexiable schedule, did not have to work nights or weekends.
Cons
to many to mention
Fun company to work for...
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2015
Each work day consists of doing product demonstrations in Walmart Stores. You work with all kinds of different people, which is what makes the job fun.
Crossmark
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCJanuary 31, 2015
Crossmark is an excellent company to work for. They treat all their employees with mutual respect and courtesy. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new people every day and being able to give generous samples to them.
flexible working hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 3, 2014
I go to each store sign in and then head to the back to get the boxes and then to the section to merchandise and sign off and then go to the next store.
The hardest part of the job is to drive around and in each store not many hours to do.
I like the flexibility of the job to choose my own hours.
Pros
choose my own day and time to work
Cons
drive alot
Enjoyable place to work
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2015
Wonderful company to work for, loved the scheduling flexibility.
The supervisor and trainers were super nice to work with..
Pros
flexible hours were great
Cons
----
Pleasant environment enjoyed selling to the customers
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2014
The work place is a nice environment. Everyone was very friendly and respectful. Whenever I needed help with a problem or had any questions I was given an answer right away
Demo food for customers to sample
Event Planner (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONOctober 14, 2014
Set up cart
Purchase product to demo
Prepare food for sampling
Clean up cart and utensils used
Pros
customer contact
Cons
no product on shelf for demo
Met great people
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ONJanuary 9, 2014
I only had a few shifts a week but the pay was alright. There wasn't anything hard about the job and it didn't last very long. My trainer was great and the job was easy to pick up.
n/a
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 23, 2013
I have only done seasonal work for this company. They seem to be reasonably well organised and straight forward to work for.
Travail agréable
Marchandiseur (Current Employee) –  Rive sud de MontrealApril 10, 2016
Travailler en collaboration avec le ou la gérante de département
est un outils gagnant
Travailler d'une manière positive donne des résultats positifs
Quand je fais de gros plano je suis en équipe avec une collègue
ont fait nos magasins ensemble c'est plus efficace
L'aspect le plus difficile c'est que le travail n'est pas régulier
Le plus agréable on gère notre temps
Pros
Gérer sont temps
Cons
pas toujours de travail
Environnement de travail agréable
Représentant (Current Employee) –  MauricieSeptember 28, 2015
Environnement de travail agréable, très bonne équilibre de vie. Facilité de communication avec les cadres.
le travail
Commis à l'inventaire (Current Employee) –  RimouskiDecember 24, 2014
Le travail est simple et vous pouvez vous permettre de fixer vos propres jours de travail .
Votre propre emploi du temps du moment que le travail soit fait.
La superviseur st extraordinaire et aide toujours les employés en cas de besoin.
Les voyages sont les aspects les plus difficiles à mon avis, mais aussi cela te permet de connaitre d'autres villes.
L'aspect positif est que les gérants des magasins sont fantastiques
agréable
Préposée aux dégustations (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 2, 2014
Pas du tout stressant, inviter les clients a goûter a la dégustation, vendre le produit, conclure la vente.
Pros
tranquillité
Cons
seul