CROSSMARK Employee Reviews

Enjoyable place to work
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 February 2015
Wonderful company to work for, loved the scheduling flexibility.
The supervisor and trainers were super nice to work with..
Pros
flexible hours were great
Cons
----
Crossmark
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC31 January 2015
Crossmark is an excellent company to work for. They treat all their employees with mutual respect and courtesy. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new people every day and being able to give generous samples to them.
Bad Managment
Retail Merchandising/ Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE30 December 2014
1. Manager was hard to get a hold off;
2. Seldom ever returned calls or emails;
3. Got disciplined for making suggestions that would have helped getting the work done quickly and more efficiently;
4. Very little training.
Pros
Flexiable Schedule, Did not have to work nights or weekends.
Cons
To many to mention
makes me happy and let me to have relationship with people
Sales event specialist - Weekends (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Longueuil13 November 2014
Introduce products to clients of Metro chain store, prepare some samples and explain about different products.
Pros
Opportunity to improve my french language, more familiar with canadian people and their cultures
Cons
Not related to my education, Just for week-ends
Was not trained properly by local management.
Demo and sample hand out person (Former Employee) –  Amherst, Nova Scotia8 November 2014
This was a big joke all of use had no idea what we needed to do so I would start working trying to get things moving. Then I would get told off in front of other workers and people in the store where we were setting up. They were rude and really disrespectful to me in a way I've never experienced. If you needed more information or had a question they didn't know the answer and would never get back to.

There was fun dealing with customer and meeting people I will say.
You stand all day do not get any breaks and if your lucky you might get time for lunch. They don't pay to bad I would say fair, but you'll work for it.
I tired to speak to one Crossmark manager or what ever they call them about the way they were acting towards me and ,I couldn't get a word out of my mouth. I was much older then most of the people working there and I told them because I'm a diabetic I needed to snack or eat and keep a eye on my sugar.

I should of wore a diaper because I was lucky to get to use the washroom. It seemed like a fun job at first but the things started go south as you got a taste of the manager. I really think that all of us doing the work would of done much better on our own. The last day they took our lunch time away and wanted to change it to two 15 minute breaks lol, the only ones that liked that idea was the smokers, well it didn't work out for me. I've worked for 35 years and was doing this to keep busy and I like to work.

So when I tired to talk to the manager to try and reason with her she told me I was fired. First time I've ever been fired from a job.

Well that's
  more... my story and not saying don't ever work there it might work for you!  less
Pros
the customers were fun to work with
Cons
poor training more like you have to take charge for yourself.
Demo food for customers to sample
Event Planner (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON14 October 2014
Set up cart
Purchase product to demo
Prepare food for sampling
Clean up cart and utensils used
Pros
Customer Contact
Cons
No product on shelf for demo
Enjoying it but not enough hours
Merchandiser/Data Collection (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba29 April 2014
A typical day at work is going from store to store to do merchandising and data collection.

I enjoy the interactions with other workers, management, and the public that I meet.

Hardest part of the job is refraining from buying things while in the stores I'm working in.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that every day is different, I'm always in a different store doing something different.
Pros
Get to be creative.
Cons
Not paid for first and last gas and time.
flexible working hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 April 2014
I go to each store sign in and then head to the back to get the boxes and then to the section to merchandise and sign off and then go to the next store.
The hardest part of the job is to drive around and in each store not many hours to do.
I like the flexibility of the job to choose my own hours.
Pros
choose my own day and time to work
Cons
drive alot
Pleasant environment enjoyed selling to the customers
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2014
The work place is a nice environment. Everyone was very friendly and respectful. Whenever I needed help with a problem or had any questions I was given an answer right away
Run away. Not worth the effort.
Merchandizer (Former Employee) –  Ontario17 January 2014
At first it was okay, enough work. Then a new supervisor was put into place. Subsequently, I had no hours, and spent more money on gas than I made in wages. The local stores that I had worked before the regime change were taken away and given to the friends of the "supervisor" who micro-managed beyond belief.
No response from head office with my concerns.
Pros
Cons
Too many employees for too few stores. Lots of computer time that is unpaid.
Met great people
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON9 January 2014
I only had a few shifts a week but the pay was alright. There wasn't anything hard about the job and it didn't last very long. My trainer was great and the job was easy to pick up.
Its a great way to learn how to interact
In-Store Demo Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 November 2013
basically the job consist of setting up booths,prepare samples, give out samples, and interact the only really downside is the standing you stand for 6 hours and sometimes your feet might hurt

also you work alone
Cons
long hours standing on your feet
n/a
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 October 2013
I have only done seasonal work for this company. They seem to be reasonably well organised and straight forward to work for.
Experience
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2013
Working as a demonstrator is a good experience and we learn how to deal with customers and demonstrate them the products. Greet treat and sell is the motto of the company. I like the pay and the benefits.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
very less working days, and ignorance by the customers in some situations
Comfortable, productive and interactive environment
Demo Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2013
A typical day at work consists of: Checking into the store location that was assigned, checking inventory, setting up table for a professional display, cleaning supplies that will be used during the event, cooling or cooking (depending on which samples one is serving) food to make it tasty for the customer, memorizing product attributes from sales plan, and telling customers about them, serving the proper amount in portion cups and encourage people to try them.

The management is excellent because workers are always emailed a week before or so about their projects and all questions and concerns are always taken care of.

The hardest part of the job is sometimes putting the table together, and putting everything away and carrying the heavy table into back room or upstairs.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with others, learning about the product and the very helpful and kind people I work with.
Pros
Works very well with a student's schedule
Cons
Heavy tables
Poor training and worse management
INVENTORY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Alberta, Canada8 April 2013
I was given 8 hours "training" by the laziest "trainer" that I had ever met!
This training did NOT even cover everything that I was expected to do in my job!

There isn't even a manual on the position, or the equipment that I am supposed to use!

My position is as a "Field Agent", and I am expected to know EVERYTHING about the job and my equipment with NO training!

I have had THREE supervisors in less than one year, and my current supervisor is based in MONTREAL, and I am in ALBERTA!

We finally have a Team Lead (she is based in my area) after almost a year after the last one was fired.

The only good things about this position are:
that I work my own hours (as long as the work is done by the deadline.)
and I am paid $14.50 / hour .

Other than this, I am looking forward to quitting this terrible company, as soon as I find another part time job! (NOT IN RETAIL!)
Pros
work my own hours & $14.50 / hour
Cons
everything else! poor training, management, support.....
Got bored easily.
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada4 April 2013
I've worked for crossmark for the last two months, then suddenly I'm not on the schedule for the next 2 weeks and the past 2 weeks. I have quit and did not like how unorganized the company seems to be. It is hard to work without a direct supervisor in your area. My closet manager was in Ontairo. However, working with the people (consumers) in my area and letting them take a treat with them was rewarding.
Pros
good wage, supportive in your life, hours are there if you want them
Cons
last minute, standing, got bored easily, schedules always coming out later than expected, had a hard time getting hold of someone sometimes
Good company
National Operations Manager - Canada (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 October 2012
Each day is different. I have the flexibility to work for home and their head office - in both Mississauga and Dallas. This is a fast paced division with high demands with short deadlines. I oversee a team of over 600 field reps with 11 direct reports. I love the people I work with. They are so passionate and dedicated. The hardest part of my role is having 600 people make a very tight deadline. It is very rewarding for an A type personality.
Pros
ability to work from home, great team to work with
Cons
very little work life balance
Aug
Marketing Research and Data Collection (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 August 2012
I have had a great experience working with Crossmark and its staff. Everyone has been more than hospitable my entire time with them. Unfortunately it is only a part time position throughout the entire company and I need a more stable atmosphere for my family. It was the perfect job at the time, while I was still in school. The flexible hours but stiff deadlines really worked well my my schedule but it is time to fine something full-time.
Pros
flexable hours, management, co-workers, work life balance
Cons
no room to move up. all employees are part time
I really enjoy this job ! I get to interact with people all day long .
Event specialist (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON25 July 2012
My day at work is pretty straight forward, I engage in conversation with many consumers about products and experience they might have with the products. I have learned how to multitask when promoting more then one product at a time, keeping my self from being overwhelmed. managment in both the store and the company i work for are both great. My co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with, I have not had any problems with them. The hardest part of my job would be standing the entire time. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with consumers.
Pros
good salary
Cons
standing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CROSSMARK. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9