CrossMark Employee Reviews in Canada

Met great people
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ONJanuary 9, 2014
I only had a few shifts a week but the pay was alright. There wasn't anything hard about the job and it didn't last very long. My trainer was great and the job was easy to pick up.
Its a great way to learn how to interact
In-Store Demo Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 13, 2013
basically the job consist of setting up booths,prepare samples, give out samples, and interact the only really downside is the standing you stand for 6 hours and sometimes your feet might hurt

also you work alone
Cons
long hours standing on your feet
n/a
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 23, 2013
I have only done seasonal work for this company. They seem to be reasonably well organised and straight forward to work for.
Experience
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2013
Working as a demonstrator is a good experience and we learn how to deal with customers and demonstrate them the products. Greet treat and sell is the motto of the company. I like the pay and the benefits.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
very less working days, and ignorance by the customers in some situations
Comfortable, productive and interactive environment
Demo Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 3, 2013
A typical day at work consists of: Checking into the store location that was assigned, checking inventory, setting up table for a professional display, cleaning supplies that will be used during the event, cooling or cooking (depending on which samples one is serving) food to make it tasty for the customer, memorizing product attributes from sales plan, and telling customers about them, serving the proper amount in portion cups and encourage people to try them.

The management is excellent because workers are always emailed a week before or so about their projects and all questions and concerns are always taken care of.

The hardest part of the job is sometimes putting the table together, and putting everything away and carrying the heavy table into back room or upstairs.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with others, learning about the product and the very helpful and kind people I work with.
Pros
works very well with a student's schedule
Cons
heavy tables
POOR TRAINING AND WORSE MANAGEMENT
INVENTORY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Alberta, CanadaApril 8, 2013
I was given 8 hours "training" by the laziest "trainer" that I had ever met!
This training did NOT even cover everything that I was expected to do in my job!

There isn't even a manual on the position, or the equipment that I am supposed to use!

My position is as a "Field Agent", and I am expected to know EVERYTHING about the job and my equipment with NO training!

I have had THREE supervisors in less than one year, and my current supervisor is based in MONTREAL, and I am in ALBERTA!

We finally have a Team Lead (she is based in my area) after almost a year after the last one was fired.

The only good things about this position are:
that I work my own hours (as long as the work is done by the deadline.)
and I am paid $14.50 / hour .

Other than this, I am looking forward to quitting this terrible company, as soon as I find another part time job! (NOT IN RETAIL!)
Pros
work my own hours & $14.50 / hour
Cons
everything else! poor training, management, support.....
Got bored easily.
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, New Brunswick, CanadaApril 4, 2013
I've worked for crossmark for the last two months, then suddenly I'm not on the schedule for the next 2 weeks and the past 2 weeks. I have quit and did not like how unorganized the company seems to be. It is hard to work without a direct supervisor in your area. My closet manager was in Ontairo. However, working with the people (consumers) in my area and letting them take a treat with them was rewarding.
Pros
good wage, supportive in your life, hours are there if you want them
Cons
last minute, standing, got bored easily, schedules always coming out later than expected, had a hard time getting hold of someone sometimes

Comment – April 7, 2013

I hated working for this nasty company....for exactly the same problems you mentioned, I'm in BC, Supervisor was a couple thousand miles away, never responded, when she did, she was rude and antagoizing. We deserve far better

Good company
National Operations Manager - Canada (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 22, 2012
Each day is different. I have the flexibility to work for home and their head office - in both Mississauga and Dallas. This is a fast paced division with high demands with short deadlines. I oversee a team of over 600 field reps with 11 direct reports. I love the people I work with. They are so passionate and dedicated. The hardest part of my role is having 600 people make a very tight deadline. It is very rewarding for an A type personality.
Pros
ability to work from home, great team to work with
Cons
very little work life balance
Aug
Marketing Research and Data Collection (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 2, 2012
I have had a great experience working with Crossmark and its staff. Everyone has been more than hospitable my entire time with them. Unfortunately it is only a part time position throughout the entire company and I need a more stable atmosphere for my family. It was the perfect job at the time, while I was still in school. The flexible hours but stiff deadlines really worked well my my schedule but it is time to fine something full-time.
Pros
flexable hours, management, co-workers, work life balance
Cons
no room to move up. all employees are part time
I really enjoy this job ! I get to interact with people all day long .
Event specialist (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ONJuly 25, 2012
My day at work is pretty straight forward, I engage in conversation with many consumers about products and experience they might have with the products. I have learned how to multitask when promoting more then one product at a time, keeping my self from being overwhelmed. managment in both the store and the company i work for are both great. My co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with, I have not had any problems with them. The hardest part of my job would be standing the entire time. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with consumers.
Pros
good salary
Cons
standing
data collection
no (Former Employee) –  cambridgeMay 20, 2012
worst company to work for they promise 20 hrs but you need to work faster then fast. I ended up getting 6 hrs a week which didnt cover the cost of gas , internet etc... waste of time.
Cons
no pay raise
Travail agréable
Marchandiseur (Current Employee) –  Rive sud de MontrealApril 10, 2016
Travailler en collaboration avec le ou la gérante de département
est un outils gagnant
Travailler d'une manière positive donne des résultats positifs
Quand je fais de gros plano je suis en équipe avec une collègue
ont fait nos magasins ensemble c'est plus efficace
L'aspect le plus difficile c'est que le travail n'est pas régulier
Le plus agréable on gère notre temps
Pros
Gérer sont temps
Cons
pas toujours de travail
Environnement de travail agréable
Représentant (Current Employee) –  MauricieSeptember 28, 2015
Environnement de travail agréable, très bonne équilibre de vie. Facilité de communication avec les cadres.
le travail
Commis à l'inventaire (Current Employee) –  RimouskiDecember 24, 2014
Le travail est simple et vous pouvez vous permettre de fixer vos propres jours de travail .
Votre propre emploi du temps du moment que le travail soit fait.
La superviseur st extraordinaire et aide toujours les employés en cas de besoin.
Les voyages sont les aspects les plus difficiles à mon avis, mais aussi cela te permet de connaitre d'autres villes.
L'aspect positif est que les gérants des magasins sont fantastiques
agréable
Préposée aux dégustations (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 2, 2014
Pas du tout stressant, inviter les clients a goûter a la dégustation, vendre le produit, conclure la vente.
Pros
tranquillité
Cons
seul