CROSSMARK Employee Reviews

good place to work at
Account Executive, Representing Procter & Gamble (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 August 2016
Crossmark is a good company which takes good care of its employees. A typical day at work at the Mississauga head office revolves around sales and back office work ...

The management in general is very supportive however there are few very negative people working too who make it very hard to perform and generally do not support their teams.
Pros
Good positive senior managment
Cons
weak ground level managers, and immense pressure on certain teams vs the others
it is extra money, but it costs money using the vehicle, you need a small car, cheap to run
Data Collection/Representative (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB7 August 2015
While employed by this company, I found my supervisor did not respond to a few of my requests for information to complete my project. The pay is low, no benefits unless full time. The data collection job hours fluctuates, where one week you could get over $200.00 as long as you travel out of town. The following week you could end up with $60.00 for the paycheque. I found the pay doesn't help with car maintenance ( which you must do ). If you end up in the ditch during winter driving..be prepared with towing coverage. The company is only concerned over who is going to do the meaningless task, which may take 20 minutes to an hour. The job is created for the bored person with a new reliable, cheap to run vehicle. Also a coworker told me the company never gives raises. After one year, I did not receive a raise.

Like anywhere else, the coworkers come off as being nice but they do a lot of slamming behind the back. The only good thing about the job: flexible hours you choose when you work (within a given time limit) and you are paid weekly.
Workplace that encourages growth and advancement
Regional Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 April 2016
A company that understands and encourages a good work / life balance that offers guidelines and learning documents towards growth and advancement. Good support system during advancement or new work situations.
You are your own manager
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2016
Crossmark helped me to gain the managerial knowledge as we have to deal with all the task by ourselves and report our own timing.
They're ok
Key Account Manager for P&G (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2016
Ok company, but seems to not quite have proper direction. I would not really recommend. Good co-workers. Can manage your own days.
I really enjoy this job ! I get to interact with people all day long .
Event specialist (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON25 July 2012
My day at work is pretty straight forward, I engage in conversation with many consumers about products and experience they might have with the products. I have learned how to multitask when promoting more then one product at a time, keeping my self from being overwhelmed. managment in both the store and the company i work for are both great. My co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with, I have not had any problems with them. The hardest part of my job would be standing the entire time. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with consumers.
Pros
good salary
Cons
standing
Part-time position
Representative (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver12 February 2016
Required to review product placements at designated stores, and assist in promotional campaigns initiated by the manufacturers.
Pros
One can self-schedule hours
Cons
Small work load
Experience
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2013
Working as a demonstrator is a good experience and we learn how to deal with customers and demonstrate them the products. Greet treat and sell is the motto of the company. I like the pay and the benefits.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
very less working days, and ignorance by the customers in some situations
Crossmark
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 February 2016
Crossmark is an excellent company to work for and I enjoy the work environment. My contacts with Crossmark are all very pleasant to deal with and very friendly. Crossmark does great work
data collection
no (Former Employee) –  cambridge20 May 2012
worst company to work for they promise 20 hrs but you need to work faster then fast. I ended up getting 6 hrs a week which didnt cover the cost of gas , internet etc... waste of time.
Cons
no pay raise
Aug
Marketing Research and Data Collection (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 August 2012
I have had a great experience working with Crossmark and its staff. Everyone has been more than hospitable my entire time with them. Unfortunately it is only a part time position throughout the entire company and I need a more stable atmosphere for my family. It was the perfect job at the time, while I was still in school. The flexible hours but stiff deadlines really worked well my my schedule but it is time to fine something full-time.
Pros
flexable hours, management, co-workers, work life balance
Cons
no room to move up. all employees are part time
POOR TRAINING AND WORSE MANAGEMENT
INVENTORY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Alberta, Canada8 April 2013
I was given 8 hours "training" by the laziest "trainer" that I had ever met!
This training did NOT even cover everything that I was expected to do in my job!

There isn't even a manual on the position, or the equipment that I am supposed to use!

My position is as a "Field Agent", and I am expected to know EVERYTHING about the job and my equipment with NO training!

I have had THREE supervisors in less than one year, and my current supervisor is based in MONTREAL, and I am in ALBERTA!

We finally have a Team Lead (she is based in my area) after almost a year after the last one was fired.

The only good things about this position are:
that I work my own hours (as long as the work is done by the deadline.)
and I am paid $14.50 / hour .

Other than this, I am looking forward to quitting this terrible company, as soon as I find another part time job! (NOT IN RETAIL!)
Pros
work my own hours & $14.50 / hour
Cons
everything else! poor training, management, support.....
well run company
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC6 November 2015
the job requirements are very basic, interaction with the public key to success at this position, my supervisor was always accessible and available
Pros
interacting with happy customers
Cons
promoting products i wouldnt use myself ie) high calorie or high sodum foods
Good company
National Operations Manager - Canada (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 October 2012
Each day is different. I have the flexibility to work for home and their head office - in both Mississauga and Dallas. This is a fast paced division with high demands with short deadlines. I oversee a team of over 600 field reps with 11 direct reports. I love the people I work with. They are so passionate and dedicated. The hardest part of my role is having 600 people make a very tight deadline. It is very rewarding for an A type personality.
Pros
ability to work from home, great team to work with
Cons
very little work life balance
Comfortable, productive and interactive environment
Demo Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2013
A typical day at work consists of: Checking into the store location that was assigned, checking inventory, setting up table for a professional display, cleaning supplies that will be used during the event, cooling or cooking (depending on which samples one is serving) food to make it tasty for the customer, memorizing product attributes from sales plan, and telling customers about them, serving the proper amount in portion cups and encourage people to try them.

The management is excellent because workers are always emailed a week before or so about their projects and all questions and concerns are always taken care of.

The hardest part of the job is sometimes putting the table together, and putting everything away and carrying the heavy table into back room or upstairs.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with others, learning about the product and the very helpful and kind people I work with.
Pros
Works very well with a student's schedule
Cons
Heavy tables
Great pay, people, and fun work environment but not many shifts
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 March 2015
Fun to meet new people and interacting with customers. Demos were interesting and exciting to run. The pay is good, however there is sometimes limited demos to be conducted and thus shifts can sometimes be limited.
Pros
Interacting with customers
Cons
Long hours on feet
Its a great way to learn how to interact
In-Store Demo Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 November 2013
basically the job consist of setting up booths,prepare samples, give out samples, and interact the only really downside is the standing you stand for 6 hours and sometimes your feet might hurt

also you work alone
Cons
long hours standing on your feet
Enjoying it but not enough hours
Merchandiser/Data Collection (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba29 April 2014
A typical day at work is going from store to store to do merchandising and data collection.

I enjoy the interactions with other workers, management, and the public that I meet.

Hardest part of the job is refraining from buying things while in the stores I'm working in.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that every day is different, I'm always in a different store doing something different.
Pros
Get to be creative.
Cons
Not paid for first and last gas and time.
managment
coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 September 2015
The manager never cared about the employess. The job was very stressful people yell at you every day. If i ever the call the manager on the phone for help she would never answer the phone.
Run away. Not worth the effort.
Merchandizer (Former Employee) –  Ontario17 January 2014
At first it was okay, enough work. Then a new supervisor was put into place. Subsequently, I had no hours, and spent more money on gas than I made in wages. The local stores that I had worked before the regime change were taken away and given to the friends of the "supervisor" who micro-managed beyond belief.
No response from head office with my concerns.
Pros
Cons
Too many employees for too few stores. Lots of computer time that is unpaid.

2.8