CrossMark Employee Reviews in Canada

Crossmark
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABFebruary 26, 2016
Crossmark is an excellent company to work for and I enjoy the work environment. My contacts with Crossmark are all very pleasant to deal with and very friendly. Crossmark does great work
Part-time position
Representative (Current Employee) –  North VancouverFebruary 12, 2016
Required to review product placements at designated stores, and assist in promotional campaigns initiated by the manufacturers.
Pros
One can self-schedule hours
Cons
Small work load
well run company
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCNovember 6, 2015
the job requirements are very basic, interaction with the public key to success at this position, my supervisor was always accessible and available
Pros
interacting with happy customers
Cons
promoting products i wouldnt use myself ie) high calorie or high sodum foods
managment
coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 6, 2015
The manager never cared about the employess. The job was very stressful people yell at you every day. If i ever the call the manager on the phone for help she would never answer the phone.
it is extra money, but it costs money using the vehicle, you need a small car, cheap to run
Data Collection/Representative (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MBAugust 7, 2015
While employed by this company, I found my supervisor did not respond to a few of my requests for information to complete my project. The pay is low, no benefits unless full time. The data collection job hours fluctuates, where one week you could get over $200.00 as long as you travel out of town. The following week you could end up with $60.00 for the paycheque. I found the pay doesn't help with car maintenance ( which you must do ). If you end up in the ditch during winter driving..be prepared with towing coverage. The company is only concerned over who is going to do the meaningless task, which may take 20 minutes to an hour. The job is created for the bored person with a new reliable, cheap to run vehicle. Also a coworker told me the company never gives raises. After one year, I did not receive a raise.

Like anywhere else, the coworkers come off as being nice but they do a lot of slamming behind the back. The only good thing about the job: flexible hours you choose when you work (within a given time limit) and you are paid weekly.
Great pay, people, and fun work environment but not many shifts
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 7, 2015
Fun to meet new people and interacting with customers. Demos were interesting and exciting to run. The pay is good, however there is sometimes limited demos to be conducted and thus shifts can sometimes be limited.
Pros
interacting with customers
Cons
long hours on feet
Bad Managment
Retail Merchandising/ Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEDecember 30, 2014
1. Manager was hard to get a hold off;
2. Seldom ever returned calls or emails;
3. Got disciplined for making suggestions that would have helped getting the work done quickly and more efficiently;
4. Very little training.
Pros
flexiable schedule, did not have to work nights or weekends.
Cons
to many to mention
makes me happy and let me to have relationship with people
Sales event specialist - Weekends (Current Employee) –  Montreal, LongueuilNovember 13, 2014
Introduce products to clients of Metro chain store, prepare some samples and explain about different products.
Pros
opportunity to improve my french language, more familiar with canadian people and their cultures
Cons
not related to my education, just for week-ends
Enjoying it but not enough hours
Merchandiser/Data Collection (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, ManitobaApril 29, 2014
A typical day at work is going from store to store to do merchandising and data collection.

I enjoy the interactions with other workers, management, and the public that I meet.

Hardest part of the job is refraining from buying things while in the stores I'm working in.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that every day is different, I'm always in a different store doing something different.
Pros
get to be creative.
Cons
not paid for first and last gas and time.
Run away. Not worth the effort.
Merchandizer (Former Employee) –  OntarioJanuary 17, 2014
At first it was okay, enough work. Then a new supervisor was put into place. Subsequently, I had no hours, and spent more money on gas than I made in wages. The local stores that I had worked before the regime change were taken away and given to the friends of the "supervisor" who micro-managed beyond belief.
No response from head office with my concerns.
Cons
too many employees for too few stores. lots of computer time that is unpaid.
I really enjoy this job ! I get to interact with people all day long .
Event specialist (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ONJuly 25, 2012
My day at work is pretty straight forward, I engage in conversation with many consumers about products and experience they might have with the products. I have learned how to multitask when promoting more then one product at a time, keeping my self from being overwhelmed. managment in both the store and the company i work for are both great. My co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with, I have not had any problems with them. The hardest part of my job would be standing the entire time. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with consumers.
Pros
good salary
Cons
standing
Aug
Marketing Research and Data Collection (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 2, 2012
I have had a great experience working with Crossmark and its staff. Everyone has been more than hospitable my entire time with them. Unfortunately it is only a part time position throughout the entire company and I need a more stable atmosphere for my family. It was the perfect job at the time, while I was still in school. The flexible hours but stiff deadlines really worked well my my schedule but it is time to fine something full-time.
Pros
flexable hours, management, co-workers, work life balance
Cons
no room to move up. all employees are part time
Good company
National Operations Manager - Canada (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 22, 2012
Each day is different. I have the flexibility to work for home and their head office - in both Mississauga and Dallas. This is a fast paced division with high demands with short deadlines. I oversee a team of over 600 field reps with 11 direct reports. I love the people I work with. They are so passionate and dedicated. The hardest part of my role is having 600 people make a very tight deadline. It is very rewarding for an A type personality.
Pros
ability to work from home, great team to work with
Cons
very little work life balance
Got bored easily.
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, New Brunswick, CanadaApril 4, 2013
I've worked for crossmark for the last two months, then suddenly I'm not on the schedule for the next 2 weeks and the past 2 weeks. I have quit and did not like how unorganized the company seems to be. It is hard to work without a direct supervisor in your area. My closet manager was in Ontairo. However, working with the people (consumers) in my area and letting them take a treat with them was rewarding.
Pros
good wage, supportive in your life, hours are there if you want them
Cons
last minute, standing, got bored easily, schedules always coming out later than expected, had a hard time getting hold of someone sometimes
Crossmark
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCJanuary 31, 2015
Crossmark is an excellent company to work for. They treat all their employees with mutual respect and courtesy. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new people every day and being able to give generous samples to them.
ok if you do not need hours
E.S. (Current Employee) –  Oshawa OntApril 21, 2015
good company to work for except hours cannot be guaranteed. sometimes there are no shifts available. good way to introduce yourself to new products.
flexible working hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 3, 2014
I go to each store sign in and then head to the back to get the boxes and then to the section to merchandise and sign off and then go to the next store.
The hardest part of the job is to drive around and in each store not many hours to do.
I like the flexibility of the job to choose my own hours.
Pros
choose my own day and time to work
Cons
drive alot
Fun company to work for...
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2015
Each work day consists of doing product demonstrations in Walmart Stores. You work with all kinds of different people, which is what makes the job fun.
Great Company
Retail Recruiter, Western Canada (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 23, 2015
I truly enjoy my job and I have learned a great many skills in my time with them.

Fantastic co workers and great teams. I recommend them as a great place to work
POOR TRAINING AND WORSE MANAGEMENT
INVENTORY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Alberta, CanadaApril 8, 2013
I was given 8 hours "training" by the laziest "trainer" that I had ever met!
This training did NOT even cover everything that I was expected to do in my job!

There isn't even a manual on the position, or the equipment that I am supposed to use!

My position is as a "Field Agent", and I am expected to know EVERYTHING about the job and my equipment with NO training!

I have had THREE supervisors in less than one year, and my current supervisor is based in MONTREAL, and I am in ALBERTA!

We finally have a Team Lead (she is based in my area) after almost a year after the last one was fired.

The only good things about this position are:
that I work my own hours (as long as the work is done by the deadline.)
and I am paid $14.50 / hour .

Other than this, I am looking forward to quitting this terrible company, as soon as I find another part time job! (NOT IN RETAIL!)
Pros
work my own hours & $14.50 / hour
Cons
everything else! poor training, management, support.....

2.8