CROSSMARK Employee Reviews

You get a chance to interact with a lot of people.
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2017
It's a great experience working at Crossmark you meet and interact with new people and you market the product every time in different ways and you learn about new things and types of clients and sometimes even promote sales.
Pros
you learn about different products every week and their attributes
Cons
Long Distance Locations sometimes
Busy but enjoyable job
Data Collector (Current Employee) –  Dauphin, MB27 February 2017
With working for Crossmark I found this is a job that is for someone who wants to work on their own schedule, willing to travel and be alone at points as well.
Pet Nutrition Specialist
Pet Nutrition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 February 2017
Great job, great communication, great boss. $18 hourly, Blue Buffalo reps only make $14-15 same with Purina. The hours were short so its great for someone that is already really busy.
Pros
Hourly Wage
Cons
short shifts
Great place to enhance communication skills
Product Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 December 2016
My management was helpful. Her coaching was excellent. She encouraged and pushed for results. Some of the events are less desirable than others.
Great job for learning a number of different skills.
Retail Representative (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK23 December 2016
I enjoyed working for Crossmark Canada mainly because of the variety of tasks I had to accomplish. Management was very helpful during my training period. I would definitely recommend this job to others.
Nice to work independently
Retail Division - Consumer studies (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 November 2016
It's nice to be able to work part-time, manage your own schedule to balance work/home life. It allows me to opportunity to understand the consumer world, pricing and marketing.
Pros
work independently
Cons
unable to feel like you are making an impact.
good place to work at
Account Executive, Representing Procter & Gamble (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 August 2016
Crossmark is a good company which takes good care of its employees. A typical day at work at the Mississauga head office revolves around sales and back office work ...

The management in general is very supportive however there are few very negative people working too who make it very hard to perform and generally do not support their teams.
Pros
Good positive senior managment
Cons
weak ground level managers, and immense pressure on certain teams vs the others
They're ok
Key Account Manager for P&G (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2016
Ok company, but seems to not quite have proper direction. I would not really recommend. Good co-workers. Can manage your own days.
You are your own manager
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2016
Crossmark helped me to gain the managerial knowledge as we have to deal with all the task by ourselves and report our own timing.
Workplace that encourages growth and advancement
Regional Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 April 2016
A company that understands and encourages a good work / life balance that offers guidelines and learning documents towards growth and advancement. Good support system during advancement or new work situations.
Travail agréable
Marchandiseur (Current Employee) –  Rive sud de Montreal10 April 2016
Travailler en collaboration avec le ou la gérante de département
est un outils gagnant
Travailler d'une manière positive donne des résultats positifs
Quand je fais de gros plano je suis en équipe avec une collègue
ont fait nos magasins ensemble c'est plus efficace
L'aspect le plus difficile c'est que le travail n'est pas régulier
Le plus agréable on gère notre temps
Pros
Gérer sont temps
Cons
pas toujours de travail
Crossmark
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 February 2016
Crossmark is an excellent company to work for and I enjoy the work environment. My contacts with Crossmark are all very pleasant to deal with and very friendly. Crossmark does great work
Part-time position
Representative (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver12 February 2016
Required to review product placements at designated stores, and assist in promotional campaigns initiated by the manufacturers.
Pros
One can self-schedule hours
Cons
Small work load
well run company
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC6 November 2015
the job requirements are very basic, interaction with the public key to success at this position, my supervisor was always accessible and available
Pros
interacting with happy customers
Cons
promoting products i wouldnt use myself ie) high calorie or high sodum foods
Environnement de travail agréable
Représentant (Current Employee) –  Mauricie28 September 2015
Environnement de travail agréable, très bonne équilibre de vie. Facilité de communication avec les cadres.
managment
coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 September 2015
The manager never cared about the employess. The job was very stressful people yell at you every day. If i ever the call the manager on the phone for help she would never answer the phone.
If you want a flexible job are quick at solving problems and independent this job will work for you
Data collection (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta28 August 2015
I work with the company for 4 year over that time I had 8 different managers and the majority of them were all hired out of the company and did not receive much training. Which affected the staff below. Due to the managers poor planning we would receive "emergency" stores to complete that day since the deadline for them was two days ago.
When I was hired I received a 5 min training session on a project that took over 8 hours to complete with no support from the team lead or the main manager. When I had questions about the project I had to guess at the correct answer and hope that it was correct. When I wanted to branch off into other areas of the job I had to claw my way trying to get extra work... Too many staff and not enough regular work. When special project came up there was always a good chunk to go around but that happens irregular.

If your a hard worker, expect to be asked to help train people, even though there are team leads (the people that are suppose to be the trainers) you will not get a increase in wage to do this or any other perk.

If you have a concern that you take to HR they will do nothing but twist things back on you. If you do not get let go after dealing with hr expect your work world to be a nightmare until you do quit.

My advice for people thinking of working for this company, be a strong individual that can work with extremely limited support, be quick on your feet when problems come up and when you do have to call your supervisor be persistent because they are always over worked, usually taking care of there district plus another.
  more... because the company can not keep management and over work the ones they do have.  less
Pros
Flexible work schedual great for when kids are in school
Cons
poor management, very little training either in the field or with devices
it is extra money, but it costs money using the vehicle, you need a small car, cheap to run
Data Collection/Representative (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB7 August 2015
While employed by this company, I found my supervisor did not respond to a few of my requests for information to complete my project. The pay is low, no benefits unless full time. The data collection job hours fluctuates, where one week you could get over $200.00 as long as you travel out of town. The following week you could end up with $60.00 for the paycheque. I found the pay doesn't help with car maintenance ( which you must do ). If you end up in the ditch during winter driving..be prepared with towing coverage. The company is only concerned over who is going to do the meaningless task, which may take 20 minutes to an hour. The job is created for the bored person with a new reliable, cheap to run vehicle. Also a coworker told me the company never gives raises. After one year, I did not receive a raise.

Like anywhere else, the coworkers come off as being nice but they do a lot of slamming behind the back. The only good thing about the job: flexible hours you choose when you work (within a given time limit) and you are paid weekly.
ok if you do not need hours
E.S. (Current Employee) –  Oshawa Ont21 April 2015
good company to work for except hours cannot be guaranteed. sometimes there are no shifts available. good way to introduce yourself to new products.
Fun company to work for...
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 March 2015
Each work day consists of doing product demonstrations in Walmart Stores. You work with all kinds of different people, which is what makes the job fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CROSSMARK. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8