CROSSMARK

CROSSMARK Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Was not trained properly by local management.
Demo and sample hand out person (Former Employee), Amherst, Nova ScotiaNovember 8, 2014
Pros: the customers were fun to work with
Cons: poor training more like you have to take charge for yourself.
This was a big joke all of use had no idea what we needed to do so I would start working trying to get things moving. Then I would get told off in front of other workers and people in the store where we were setting up. They were rude and really disrespectful to me in a way I've never experienced. If you needed more information or had a question they – more... didn't know the answer and would never get back to.

There was fun dealing with customer and meeting people I will say.
You stand all day do not get any breaks and if your lucky you might get time for lunch. They don't pay to bad I would say fair, but you'll work for it.
I tired to speak to one Crossmark manager or what ever they call them about the way they were acting towards me and ,I couldn't get a word out of my mouth. I was much older then most of the people working there and I told them because I'm a diabetic I needed to snack or eat and keep a eye on my sugar.

I should of wore a diaper because I was lucky to get to use the washroom. It seemed like a fun job at first but the things started go south as you got a taste of the manager. I really think that all of us doing the work would of done much better on our own. The last day they took our lunch time away and wanted to change it to two 15 minute breaks lol, the only ones that liked that idea was the smokers, well it didn't work out for me. I've worked for 35 years and was doing this to keep busy and I like to work.

So when I tired to talk to the manager to try and reason with her she told me I was fired. First time I've ever been fired from a job.

Well that's my story and not saying don't ever work there it might work for you! – less
Demo food for customers to sample
Event Planner (Current Employee), Belleville, ONOctober 14, 2014
Pros: customer contact
Cons: no product on shelf for demo
Set up cart
Purchase product to demo
Prepare food for sampling
Clean up cart and utensils used
Enjoying it but not enough hours
Merchandiser/Data Collection (Current Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaApril 29, 2014
Pros: get to be creative.
Cons: not paid for first and last gas and time.
A typical day at work is going from store to store to do merchandising and data collection.

I enjoy the interactions with other workers, management, and the public that I meet.

Hardest part of the job is refraining from buying things while in the stores I'm working in.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that every day is different, I'm always – more... in a different store doing something different. – less
flexible working hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 3, 2014
Pros: choose my own day and time to work
Cons: drive alot
I go to each store sign in and then head to the back to get the boxes and then to the section to merchandise and sign off and then go to the next store.
The hardest part of the job is to drive around and in each store not many hours to do.
I like the flexibility of the job to choose my own hours.
Pleasant environment enjoyed selling to the customers
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2014
The work place is a nice environment. Everyone was very friendly and respectful. Whenever I needed help with a problem or had any questions I was given an answer right away
Run away. Not worth the effort.
Merchandizer (Former Employee), OntarioJanuary 17, 2014
Cons: too many employees for too few stores. lots of computer time that is unpaid.
At first it was okay, enough work. Then a new supervisor was put into place. Subsequently, I had no hours, and spent more money on gas than I made in wages. The local stores that I had worked before the regime change were taken away and given to the friends of the "supervisor" who micro-managed beyond belief.
No response from head office with my concerns.
Met great people
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Cobourg, ONJanuary 9, 2014
I only had a few shifts a week but the pay was alright. There wasn't anything hard about the job and it didn't last very long. My trainer was great and the job was easy to pick up.
Its a great way to learn how to interact
In-Store Demo Event Specialist (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 13, 2013
Cons: long hours standing on your feet
basically the job consist of setting up booths,prepare samples, give out samples, and interact the only really downside is the standing you stand for 6 hours and sometimes your feet might hurt

also you work alone
n/a
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 23, 2013
I have only done seasonal work for this company. They seem to be reasonably well organised and straight forward to work for.
Experience
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2013
Pros: fun environment
Cons: very less working days, and ignorance by the customers in some situations
Working as a demonstrator is a good experience and we learn how to deal with customers and demonstrate them the products. Greet treat and sell is the motto of the company. I like the pay and the benefits.
Comfortable, productive and interactive environment
Demo Event Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 3, 2013
Pros: works very well with a student's schedule
Cons: heavy tables
A typical day at work consists of: Checking into the store location that was assigned, checking inventory, setting up table for a professional display, cleaning supplies that will be used during the event, cooling or cooking (depending on which samples one is serving) food to make it tasty for the customer, memorizing product attributes from sales plan, – more... and telling customers about them, serving the proper amount in portion cups and encourage people to try them.

The management is excellent because workers are always emailed a week before or so about their projects and all questions and concerns are always taken care of.

The hardest part of the job is sometimes putting the table together, and putting everything away and carrying the heavy table into back room or upstairs.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with others, learning about the product and the very helpful and kind people I work with. – less
POOR TRAINING AND WORSE MANAGEMENT
INVENTORY SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Alberta, CanadaApril 8, 2013
Pros: work my own hours & $14.50 / hour
Cons: everything else! poor training, management, support.....
I was given 8 hours "training" by the laziest "trainer" that I had ever met!
This training did NOT even cover everything that I was expected to do in my job!

There isn't even a manual on the position, or the equipment that I am supposed to use!

My position is as a "Field Agent", and I am expected to know EVERYTHING about the job and my equipment with – more... NO training!

I have had THREE supervisors in less than one year, and my current supervisor is based in MONTREAL, and I am in ALBERTA!

We finally have a Team Lead (she is based in my area) after almost a year after the last one was fired.

The only good things about this position are:
that I work my own hours (as long as the work is done by the deadline.)
and I am paid $14.50 / hour .

Other than this, I am looking forward to quitting this terrible company, as soon as I find another part time job! (NOT IN RETAIL!) – less
Got bored easily.
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Moncton, New Brunswick, CanadaApril 4, 2013
Pros: good wage, supportive in your life, hours are there if you want them
Cons: last minute, standing, got bored easily, schedules always coming out later than expected, had a hard time getting hold of someone sometimes
I've worked for crossmark for the last two months, then suddenly I'm not on the schedule for the next 2 weeks and the past 2 weeks. I have quit and did not like how unorganized the company seems to be. It is hard to work without a direct supervisor in your area. My closet manager was in Ontairo. However, working with the people (consumers) in my area – more... and letting them take a treat with them was rewarding. – less

April 7, 2013

I hated working for this nasty company....for exactly the same problems you mentioned, I'm in BC, Supervisor was a couple thousand miles away, never responded, when she did, she was rude and antagoizing. We deserve far better

Good company
National Operations Manager - Canada (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 22, 2012
Pros: ability to work from home, great team to work with
Cons: very little work life balance
Each day is different. I have the flexibility to work for home and their head office - in both Mississauga and Dallas. This is a fast paced division with high demands with short deadlines. I oversee a team of over 600 field reps with 11 direct reports. I love the people I work with. They are so passionate and dedicated. The hardest part of my role is – more... having 600 people make a very tight deadline. It is very rewarding for an A type personality. – less
Aug
Marketing Research and Data Collection (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 2, 2012
Pros: flexable hours, management, co-workers, work life balance
Cons: no room to move up. all employees are part time
I have had a great experience working with Crossmark and its staff. Everyone has been more than hospitable my entire time with them. Unfortunately it is only a part time position throughout the entire company and I need a more stable atmosphere for my family. It was the perfect job at the time, while I was still in school. The flexible hours but stiff – more... deadlines really worked well my my schedule but it is time to fine something full-time. – less
I really enjoy this job ! I get to interact with people all day long .
Event specialist (Current Employee), Cornwall, ONJuly 25, 2012
Pros: good salary
Cons: standing
My day at work is pretty straight forward, I engage in conversation with many consumers about products and experience they might have with the products. I have learned how to multitask when promoting more then one product at a time, keeping my self from being overwhelmed. managment in both the store and the company i work for are both great. My co-workers – more... are friendly and easy to get along with, I have not had any problems with them. The hardest part of my job would be standing the entire time. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with consumers. – less
data collection
no (Former Employee), cambridgeMay 20, 2012
Cons: no pay raise
worst company to work for they promise 20 hrs but you need to work faster then fast. I ended up getting 6 hrs a week which didnt cover the cost of gas , internet etc... waste of time.
Very flexible job hours wise with minimal to no supervision.
Data Collector (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 19, 2014
I am currently a data collector for the Crossmark company and my main duties are to recognize and identify specific displays and to enter in the required data for the store that I am working. From time to time I am required to do mystery shopper work and several types of surveys ranging from the Coca-Cola company all the way to Miller-Coors. Management – more... is very laid back and you are expected to be able to efficiently execute your tasks without any supervision. I find the most enjoyable part of this job is being able to schedule and work my hours in a flexible way. – less
Fast paced marketing insight company
Retail Operations Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXDecember 18, 2014
Pros: working from home
Cons: work-life balance
A typical day changes from day to day depending on the client needs. I managed both part time and full time people in various geographic locations. Difficult part of job was retention of part time employees, Enjoyable part of job is meeting the daily challenges of each individual client or supervisor.
work early am start times three four and five am
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee), Clermont, FLDecember 17, 2014
Pros: cash working for publix and walmart
Cons: no management road to fast track
nice to get a head with an early start..
great hours.
good people to work with
nice resets plans
great clients publix
great clients walmart

1 2 3 4 5

About CROSSMARK

Welcome! You have found your way to career opportunities at CROSSMARK. As a leader in consumer goods sales and marketing, we are – Read more