CROSSMARK Employee Reviews

They're ok
Key Account Manager for P&G (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 8, 2016
Ok company, but seems to not quite have proper direction. I would not really recommend. Good co-workers. Can manage your own days.
You are your own manager
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2016
Crossmark helped me to gain the managerial knowledge as we have to deal with all the task by ourselves and report our own timing.
Workplace that encourages growth and advancement
Regional Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 22, 2016
A company that understands and encourages a good work / life balance that offers guidelines and learning documents towards growth and advancement. Good support system during advancement or new work situations.
Crossmark
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABFebruary 26, 2016
Crossmark is an excellent company to work for and I enjoy the work environment. My contacts with Crossmark are all very pleasant to deal with and very friendly. Crossmark does great work
Part-time position
Representative (Current Employee) –  North VancouverFebruary 12, 2016
Required to review product placements at designated stores, and assist in promotional campaigns initiated by the manufacturers.
Pros
One can self-schedule hours
Cons
Small work load
well run company
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCNovember 6, 2015
the job requirements are very basic, interaction with the public key to success at this position, my supervisor was always accessible and available
Pros
interacting with happy customers
Cons
promoting products i wouldnt use myself ie) high calorie or high sodum foods
managment
coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 6, 2015
The manager never cared about the employess. The job was very stressful people yell at you every day. If i ever the call the manager on the phone for help she would never answer the phone.
If you want a flexible job are quick at solving problems and independent this job will work for you
Data collection (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AlbertaAugust 28, 2015
I work with the company for 4 year over that time I had 8 different managers and the majority of them were all hired out of the company and did not receive much training. Which affected the staff below. Due to the managers poor planning we would receive "emergency" stores to complete that day since the deadline for them was two days ago.
When I was hired I received a 5 min training session on a project that took over 8 hours to complete with no support from the team lead or the main manager. When I had questions about the project I had to guess at the correct answer and hope that it was correct. When I wanted to branch off into other areas of the job I had to claw my way trying to get extra work... Too many staff and not enough regular work. When special project came up there was always a good chunk to go around but that happens irregular.

If your a hard worker, expect to be asked to help train people, even though there are team leads (the people that are suppose to be the trainers) you will not get a increase in wage to do this or any other perk.

If you have a concern that you take to HR they will do nothing but twist things back on you. If you do not get let go after dealing with hr expect your work world to be a nightmare until you do quit.

My advice for people thinking of working for this company, be a strong individual that can work with extremely limited support, be quick on your feet when problems come up and when you do have to call your supervisor be persistent because they are always over worked, usually taking care of there district plus another.
  more... because the company can not keep management and over work the ones they do have.  less
Pros
Flexible work schedual great for when kids are in school
Cons
poor management, very little training either in the field or with devices
it is extra money, but it costs money using the vehicle, you need a small car, cheap to run
Data Collection/Representative (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MBAugust 7, 2015
While employed by this company, I found my supervisor did not respond to a few of my requests for information to complete my project. The pay is low, no benefits unless full time. The data collection job hours fluctuates, where one week you could get over $200.00 as long as you travel out of town. The following week you could end up with $60.00 for the paycheque. I found the pay doesn't help with car maintenance ( which you must do ). If you end up in the ditch during winter driving..be prepared with towing coverage. The company is only concerned over who is going to do the meaningless task, which may take 20 minutes to an hour. The job is created for the bored person with a new reliable, cheap to run vehicle. Also a coworker told me the company never gives raises. After one year, I did not receive a raise.

Like anywhere else, the coworkers come off as being nice but they do a lot of slamming behind the back. The only good thing about the job: flexible hours you choose when you work (within a given time limit) and you are paid weekly.
ok if you do not need hours
E.S. (Current Employee) –  Oshawa OntApril 21, 2015
good company to work for except hours cannot be guaranteed. sometimes there are no shifts available. good way to introduce yourself to new products.
Fun company to work for...
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2015
Each work day consists of doing product demonstrations in Walmart Stores. You work with all kinds of different people, which is what makes the job fun.
Great pay, people, and fun work environment but not many shifts
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 7, 2015
Fun to meet new people and interacting with customers. Demos were interesting and exciting to run. The pay is good, however there is sometimes limited demos to be conducted and thus shifts can sometimes be limited.
Pros
interacting with customers
Cons
long hours on feet
Great Company
Retail Recruiter, Western Canada (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 23, 2015
I truly enjoy my job and I have learned a great many skills in my time with them.

Fantastic co workers and great teams. I recommend them as a great place to work
Enjoyable place to work
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2015
Wonderful company to work for, loved the scheduling flexibility.
The supervisor and trainers were super nice to work with..
Pros
flexible hours were great
Cons
----
Crossmark
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCJanuary 31, 2015
Crossmark is an excellent company to work for. They treat all their employees with mutual respect and courtesy. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new people every day and being able to give generous samples to them.
Bad Managment
Retail Merchandising/ Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEDecember 30, 2014
1. Manager was hard to get a hold off;
2. Seldom ever returned calls or emails;
3. Got disciplined for making suggestions that would have helped getting the work done quickly and more efficiently;
4. Very little training.
Pros
flexiable schedule, did not have to work nights or weekends.
Cons
to many to mention
makes me happy and let me to have relationship with people
Sales event specialist - Weekends (Current Employee) –  Montreal, LongueuilNovember 13, 2014
Introduce products to clients of Metro chain store, prepare some samples and explain about different products.
Pros
opportunity to improve my french language, more familiar with canadian people and their cultures
Cons
not related to my education, just for week-ends
Was not trained properly by local management.
Demo and sample hand out person (Former Employee) –  Amherst, Nova ScotiaNovember 8, 2014
This was a big joke all of use had no idea what we needed to do so I would start working trying to get things moving. Then I would get told off in front of other workers and people in the store where we were setting up. They were rude and really disrespectful to me in a way I've never experienced. If you needed more information or had a question they didn't know the answer and would never get back to.

There was fun dealing with customer and meeting people I will say.
You stand all day do not get any breaks and if your lucky you might get time for lunch. They don't pay to bad I would say fair, but you'll work for it.
I tired to speak to one Crossmark manager or what ever they call them about the way they were acting towards me and ,I couldn't get a word out of my mouth. I was much older then most of the people working there and I told them because I'm a diabetic I needed to snack or eat and keep a eye on my sugar.

I should of wore a diaper because I was lucky to get to use the washroom. It seemed like a fun job at first but the things started go south as you got a taste of the manager. I really think that all of us doing the work would of done much better on our own. The last day they took our lunch time away and wanted to change it to two 15 minute breaks lol, the only ones that liked that idea was the smokers, well it didn't work out for me. I've worked for 35 years and was doing this to keep busy and I like to work.

So when I tired to talk to the manager to try and reason with her she told me I was fired. First time I've ever been fired from a job.

Well that's my story
  more... and not saying don't ever work there it might work for you!  less
Pros
the customers were fun to work with
Cons
poor training more like you have to take charge for yourself.
Demo food for customers to sample
Event Planner (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONOctober 14, 2014
Set up cart
Purchase product to demo
Prepare food for sampling
Clean up cart and utensils used
Pros
customer contact
Cons
no product on shelf for demo
Enjoying it but not enough hours
Merchandiser/Data Collection (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, ManitobaApril 29, 2014
A typical day at work is going from store to store to do merchandising and data collection.

I enjoy the interactions with other workers, management, and the public that I meet.

Hardest part of the job is refraining from buying things while in the stores I'm working in.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that every day is different, I'm always in a different store doing something different.
Pros
get to be creative.
Cons
not paid for first and last gas and time.

2.8