CROSSMARK

CROSSMARK Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoying it but not enough hours
Merchandiser/Data Collection (Current Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaApril 29, 2014
Pros: get to be creative.
Cons: not paid for first and last gas and time.
A typical day at work is going from store to store to do merchandising and data collection.

I enjoy the interactions with other workers, management, and the public that I meet.

Hardest part of the job is refraining from buying things while in the stores I'm working in.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that every day is different, I'm always – more... in a different store doing something different. – less
flexible working hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 3, 2014
Pros: choose my own day and time to work
Cons: drive alot
I go to each store sign in and then head to the back to get the boxes and then to the section to merchandise and sign off and then go to the next store.
The hardest part of the job is to drive around and in each store not many hours to do.
I like the flexibility of the job to choose my own hours.
Pleasant environment enjoyed selling to the customers
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2014
The work place is a nice environment. Everyone was very friendly and respectful. Whenever I needed help with a problem or had any questions I was given an answer right away
Run away. Not worth the effort.
Merchandizer (Former Employee), OntarioJanuary 17, 2014
Cons: too many employees for too few stores. lots of computer time that is unpaid.
At first it was okay, enough work. Then a new supervisor was put into place. Subsequently, I had no hours, and spent more money on gas than I made in wages. The local stores that I had worked before the regime change were taken away and given to the friends of the "supervisor" who micro-managed beyond belief.
No response from head office with my concerns.
Met great people
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Cobourg, ONJanuary 9, 2014
I only had a few shifts a week but the pay was alright. There wasn't anything hard about the job and it didn't last very long. My trainer was great and the job was easy to pick up.
Its a great way to learn how to interact
In-Store Demo Event Specialist (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 13, 2013
Cons: long hours standing on your feet
basically the job consist of setting up booths,prepare samples, give out samples, and interact the only really downside is the standing you stand for 6 hours and sometimes your feet might hurt

also you work alone
n/a
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 23, 2013
I have only done seasonal work for this company. They seem to be reasonably well organised and straight forward to work for.
Experience
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2013
Pros: fun environment
Cons: very less working days, and ignorance by the customers in some situations
Working as a demonstrator is a good experience and we learn how to deal with customers and demonstrate them the products. Greet treat and sell is the motto of the company. I like the pay and the benefits.
Comfortable, productive and interactive environment
Demo Event Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 3, 2013
Pros: works very well with a student's schedule
Cons: heavy tables
A typical day at work consists of: Checking into the store location that was assigned, checking inventory, setting up table for a professional display, cleaning supplies that will be used during the event, cooling or cooking (depending on which samples one is serving) food to make it tasty for the customer, memorizing product attributes from sales plan, – more... and telling customers about them, serving the proper amount in portion cups and encourage people to try them.

The management is excellent because workers are always emailed a week before or so about their projects and all questions and concerns are always taken care of.

The hardest part of the job is sometimes putting the table together, and putting everything away and carrying the heavy table into back room or upstairs.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with others, learning about the product and the very helpful and kind people I work with. – less
POOR TRAINING AND WORSE MANAGEMENT
INVENTORY SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Alberta, CanadaApril 8, 2013
Pros: work my own hours & $14.50 / hour
Cons: everything else! poor training, management, support.....
I was given 8 hours "training" by the laziest "trainer" that I had ever met!
This training did NOT even cover everything that I was expected to do in my job!

There isn't even a manual on the position, or the equipment that I am supposed to use!

My position is as a "Field Agent", and I am expected to know EVERYTHING about the job and my equipment with – more... NO training!

I have had THREE supervisors in less than one year, and my current supervisor is based in MONTREAL, and I am in ALBERTA!

We finally have a Team Lead (she is based in my area) after almost a year after the last one was fired.

The only good things about this position are:
that I work my own hours (as long as the work is done by the deadline.)
and I am paid $14.50 / hour .

Other than this, I am looking forward to quitting this terrible company, as soon as I find another part time job! (NOT IN RETAIL!) – less
Aug
Marketing Research and Data Collection (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 2, 2012
Pros: flexable hours, management, co-workers, work life balance
Cons: no room to move up. all employees are part time
I have had a great experience working with Crossmark and its staff. Everyone has been more than hospitable my entire time with them. Unfortunately it is only a part time position throughout the entire company and I need a more stable atmosphere for my family. It was the perfect job at the time, while I was still in school. The flexible hours but stiff – more... deadlines really worked well my my schedule but it is time to fine something full-time. – less
I really enjoy this job ! I get to interact with people all day long .
Event specialist (Current Employee), Cornwall, ONJuly 25, 2012
Pros: good salary
Cons: standing
My day at work is pretty straight forward, I engage in conversation with many consumers about products and experience they might have with the products. I have learned how to multitask when promoting more then one product at a time, keeping my self from being overwhelmed. managment in both the store and the company i work for are both great. My co-workers – more... are friendly and easy to get along with, I have not had any problems with them. The hardest part of my job would be standing the entire time. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with consumers. – less
Flexible schedule
Retail Representative (Former Employee), Baker City, ORJuly 6, 2012
This job offers a flexible schedule, but there is limited room for advancement and no pay increases.
data collection
no (Former Employee), cambridgeMay 20, 2012
Cons: no pay raise
worst company to work for they promise 20 hrs but you need to work faster then fast. I ended up getting 6 hrs a week which didnt cover the cost of gas , internet etc... waste of time.
peaceful place to work
Demo Event Specialist (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: short lunches
I learned a lot in here I learned how to sell products and always reach my goals our management were great always helping us co-workers always there to help each other never had a hard time
nice respectfull work place happy and caring people
eve (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXJuly 21, 2014
Pros: always learning something new
Cons: short breaks, short hours, short days, part time, uniform ugly, wearing hat, stand up allday, wearing ugly shoes, waste of food, un organized
a typical day at work is making sure always have samples
at work i learn new things about and recipes about diff4ent foods how to do diffrnet things at the site
my co-workers are very helpful always showing me news things to get through my day and news on how to accomplish certain task
the hardest part of the job for me when i run out of samples to – more... provide mu customers
ehat i love the most is the interacting with the people – less
very laid back
data collector (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 21, 2014
was a great place to work, wish i would have never quit, easy assignment, just had to drive farther than i was able to at times
Fun company to work for
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Burlington, NCJuly 19, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: needed more work hours.
All I have to say about Crossmark, is that it is a very good company and the employees are great. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to talk to many different customers throughout many different stores.
Product Demonstration, Customer Service, Sales
Demo Event Specialist (Current Employee), New JerseyJuly 18, 2014
Pros: easy job for pay; great part time job
Cons: only part time no full time option unless you are management
Really no complaints so far. Fairly easy job for pay rate. Main thing is following procedures and food handling guidelines. Everyone seems to get along so makes for a fun, comfortable work environment. Management is always willing to help you move up as far as seeking advancement opportunities within company.
Diverse enviroment
Event Promoter (Current Employee), Salisbury, MDJuly 17, 2014
I enjoy going to different sites and promoting different items each day. The flexibility to schedule my own days allows me to not have to sacrifice home life or work life. It is a very balanced experience.

1 2 3 4 5

About CROSSMARK

CROSSMARK helps clients in the consumer packaged goods industry get products in and out of stores. The company provides headquarter – Read more