CrossFit Winnipeg, Inc is seeking an experienced half-time manager to help oversee the day-to-day operations of our health and fitness club. CrossFit Winnipeg is located in Winnipeg, MB and provides coaching in group fitness, personal training, nutrition and lifestyle consulting. Our company’s emphasis on community building, long term health and quality of life makes it a fun place to train and a great place to work.
Management & Office Administration:
- Assist in hiring and overseeing training and supervision of coaching and support staff.
- Manage staff schedule and assist in preparation of payment for support staff.
- Oversee staff communications, including organizing and facilitating staff meetings.
- Oversee and co-ordinate administration procedures for personal training and consultations.
- Oversee and co-ordinate support services such as chiropractic and nutrition consultations.
- Establish work priorities, delegate work to support staff, and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed.
- Oversee and co-ordinate office administrative procedures, review, evaluate and implement new procedures.
- Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals, forms and correspondence.
- Supervise records management, administration and reception staff.
- Oversee and review sales processes on regular basis including client retention
- Conduct client surveys as required
- Oversee and co-ordinate proper functioning of facility and equipment.
Customer Service & Client Retention:
- Implement and conduct follow up communications with members & prospects.
- Schedule appointments for personal training and support services such as chiropractic and nutrition consultations.
- Manage member accounts and data entry.
- May include some reception duties, including responding to client inquiries in person, by phone & email.
Purchasing, Retail Sales & Inventory:
- Plan, organize, and oversee purchasing activities for equipment and retail products such as supplements and clothing.
- Identify vendors of materials, equipment and supplies.
- Evaluate cost and quality of goods or services.
- Track and maintain inventory and order merchandise.
- Sell merchandise to customers.
- Prepare reports regarding sales volumes and merchandising.
Marketing & Event Planning:
- Plan, organize, promote, and oversee special promotional events, contests and programs such as programs for special populations, lectures, seminars, clinics and community events such as potlucks, competitions and charity events.
- Assist in Social Media Marketing including Facebook and Twitter account management, website and blog maintenance.
- Research and write member newsletters and email announcements.
- A high school diploma and a university degree or college diploma.
- Strong business acumen and ability to positively represent our community.
- 5 years of experience in an occupation related to management or office administration.
- Ability to learn new skills and adapt to new responsibilities.
- Basic computer proficiency required in MS Word and Excel. Experience with website management and social media is an asset.
- Excellent communication, organizational and prioritization skills.
- A passion for health and fitness.
20 hours per week, flexible daytime hours. Potential for full time position in the future.
To be determined based on skills and experience.
- Half time flexible daytime hours.
- Free membership at fitness facility, including unlimited group classes.
- Staff discounts on all retail products and support services offered at the facility.
- Paid Vacation.
- Ongoing career development and opportunity to advance within the company.
If the opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing organization is of interest to you please apply in confidence indicating your salary expectations and availability. We thank all candidates for their interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews. Deadline for submission is Sept 7, 2012.
Indeed - 22 months ago