Crop Production Services

Crop Production Services Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I'm looking for a career that will challenge me but still be fun
Assistant Credit Manager (Current Employee), Regina, SKFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: i work with great people and a rewarding job
My work day involves reviewing reports, processing credit applications and working with customers to solve issues.

I've learned if you listen and understand the situation, issues can be resolved quickly and to everyone's satisfaction.

When you make a decision make sure you understand the issue first and be prepared to defend it. But do not be so firm – more... as to not consider alternatives.

The most enjoyable part of my day is working with an excellent team and having fun while getting the job done.. – less
Crop Production Services / Agrium is a terrific company
ADMINISTRATIVE CO-ORDINATOR (Former Employee), Picture Butte ABNovember 19, 2013
Cons: extreme mico managing
this company has great training and room for advancement with varied duties within the location giving an opportunity to utilized a variety of skill set.
Great place to work especially if you have a family
Seasonal Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Fancher, NYJuly 31, 2014
Pros: family oriented
Cons: seasonal position, no benefits (health or vacation)
Long days
Seasonal
Learned a lot about the farming industry
Steady job with flexible work life
Warehouse (Current Employee), Tipton, INJuly 23, 2014
Pros: competitive pay, excellent benefits
Cons: being around chemicals harmful to the environment, potentiall breathing these in.
Working for Crop Production Services has taught me some valuable lessons in working in a warehouse setting. The 8-4:30 semi-flexible schedule is beneficial as well.
excellent and personable staff
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Delphi, INJuly 23, 2014
safety and procedure are very high!
strong and firm management
a seasonal job that requires 12 - 14 hour days a times
Not enough hours
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Homer, INJuly 18, 2014
Not enough hours in the day to get eveything done. Loved my customers and loved the work, just not enough support from the management team.
Enjoyable daily duties helping farmers improve their crop
Crop Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Greensburg, INMay 22, 2014
Pros: enjoyable atmosphere, productive crops
Cons: long hours during peak season, poor management
A typical day includes going out on sales calls, scouting deals, and servicing the fields. I have learned a lot about how to run an agricultural retail store... including what to do and what not to do. Under better management, this particular location could increase sales greatly. Co-workers and enjoyable and team oriented. The hardest part of the job – more... is long, exhausting hours during peak season. The most enjoyable part is helping farmers take their seeds into productive, vibrant crops, which in turn feed communities around the world. – less
Enjoyable atmosphere, good hours
Driver/Warehouseman (Current Employee), Greeley, COApril 22, 2014
Pros: plenty of hours
Cons: compensation
A typical work day is 10-14 hours, depending on the job. I have done a lot of delivering, but have spent numerous hours in the warehouse picking product, loading and unloading company trucks, and loading and unloading freight trucks. I really enjoy the people I work with. The main draw back is the pay. I have been with the company for 12 years (seasonal), – more... and only make $14/hr. – less
Good, professional company
IT Support Technician (Former Employee), Loveland, COApril 3, 2014
Pros: professional, cares about employees
Cons: corporate, many changes in upper management
My role was remote, so my experience of day to day office like is limited. However, all my brushes with staff and management were very positive and professional. The part time position was a chance for more qualified employees to focus on harder tasks, which is great business.
When their backs are against the wall...
Crop Consultants (Former Employee), Western KentuckyJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: too many to list, do your homework
They talked a really fantastic game when they needed help after a competitor came into the Western KY Region and started systematically taking their business. CPS as a whole may be a good company to be with but please watch out in this region. They have plenty of experts and depth for training in their company but do not use it properly. When the competitor – more... came in more than 10 employees left to work with the competitor if that gives you an idea of how well they treat their employees. Be very cautious and get everything in writing before you decide on anything with them. I saw a comparison of CPS being the WalMart of Ag retail...very fair assumption. They grossly under pay their salesman compared to competition and national comparisons. Bottom line is no matter your performance they will use you until they get what they want then no longer need your services. – less
Wonderful Company to Work For
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Guymon, OKNovember 28, 2013
CPS is a wonderful experience in today's workplace. Great company and great benefits.
Productive and challenging job
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Union City, TNNovember 15, 2013
Team oriented environment that allows individuals to add personality and professional experiences to the team to make us more productive.
nice people
Administrative Assistant (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Merced, CAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: relaxed enviroment
Cons: not busy
answer phones, take orders, run mail, file, count inventory place orders send orders talk to customers, bosses were nice people easy to talk to they don't explain some tasks very well they expect you to know what to do with out much training
Administrative Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee), Owosso, MIOctober 7, 2013
I was with CPS for 12 years and in that time I learned what it takes to be a leader in the agricultural market.

CPS has the most advanced technology of any other agricultural provider. They are able to provide their customers with the best accounting service along with the most advanced soil and mapping technology.

I was consistently provided with – more... feedback on my performance and compensated on a regular basis. – less
Great Company to work for
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Loveland, COAugust 26, 2013
The people are a good group to work with to bad they had lay offs
Manager makes it a fun place to work
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Newland, NC 28657August 22, 2013
Upper management does not communicate or pass on company requirements very well. Company manual states rules but each Division manager does not comply with those rules making it difficult to know what is required.
In my opinion, when working for a company you are a team, co-workers are not team players.
Office Manager
Office Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: learned new job skills
Cons: the drive
Worked with Inventories and account payables and receivables
Excellent Company to work for.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Trousdale, KSJuly 31, 2013
Wonderful company , I was layed off due to consolidation of a hub.
place to meet great people
Warehouse Specialist /Production Foreman (Current Employee), Visalia, CAJuly 22, 2013
Pros: great vcation time, work with your person schedule
Cons: low pay, very low raises, every three to four years
come to work clock in get on computer and log in, check to see if there is ay change from yesterday, if none, proceed to work make sure all drivers got what they need, paperwork ,and product, now i can start get orders ready for the folowing. by contacting other branches and vendors to see if have any prodcut available,answer phone with answer that – more... any customer vendor or anyone has.
learned a lot through out the years. never knew nothing about inventory and chemicals to being in charge of it. another one is i laerned was to have excellent computer skils. over all my manager has said i have excelled in all areas.
I have great co-workers.
one of the hardest parts of the job is not being able to deliver prodcut on time due to weather and product bieng on allocation and not available, lots of customers just dont understand that part of the business. best part. good part of the lob get to meet a lot of great people to co-workers and customers – less
great work enviroment
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Hollandale, MSJuly 15, 2013
good co-workers and managment
good beifits
good place to work

1 2 3

About Crop Production Services

It's no bull that Agrium is a top producer and marketer of fertilizers in theĀ Americas. A leader in the production of nitrogen, – Read more