Crop Production Services Employee Reviews

Frustrating!
Crop Production Advisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan3 June 2017
Pay is moderate with a promise of a bonus that always falls far short of projections.

Driven people will not excell here as former Viterra employees come here to pension out and are parasites on younger more ambitious people.

A simple purchase of 1 Jug of chemical involves 7 pages of paper!

It is a U.S.company with a U.S. business model tring to operate in the Canadian Ag market and they don't mesh well.

Not competitive in local market in pricing. Always had to call Marketing manager to get "permission " to price down to local market, losing the sale in the delay.

Lack cohesive company culture. A lot of retail locations will not share product unless they are looking to get rid of excess stock.
Pros
Agronomy classes
Cons
Individual extra effort is never recognized, slackers benefit from your efforts.
Micro management to the max
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK27 May 2017
The pay is mediocre, the work is easy but the management culture is extreme micromanagement. You are watched like a hawk and constantly scrutinized. Low level management that handcuffs and stifles any creative ideas . Many many processes to complete minor tasks. Co-workers are good but they are afraid to apply themselves or learn new tasks for fear of being heavily scrutinized by the current Micromanager. Sad situation but could be much better if employees had some level freedom to do their work and learn without the constant negative presence of the micromanager.
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
Overtime is expected or else
Good learning experience
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Barrhead, AB18 May 2017
I learned lots, worked hard. The pay was good and the work wasn't that hard. Opportunity to go to many crop tours and learn about the varieties of crops, new and old.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
management was not ambitious
Very fun place to work!
Chemical warehouse/ Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Stettler, AB12 April 2017
I had a lot of fun working at crop production services, I learned a lot about farming and different chemicals they use on different crops. I got to meet really cool people, and had excellent co-workers as well!
Pros
Free lunches, overtime, excellent workplace setting
Cons
Seasonal work
Good learning environment
Summer Student (Current Employee) –  Rosedale, AB8 June 2016
the company as a whole has been very helpful while I have been learning my role as a crop scout. Everyone is willing to help get you on the right track and expand your knowledge.
good workplace
Crop Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Leader, Sk10 November 2015
invoice product being sold, manage accounts receivable and payable , keep policies and procedures up to date
- advised customers on credit available to purchase fertilizer and chemical for their operating needs.
- i learned to work independently of the two other men in the office and learned to manage my time well.
- I created good friendships with my co-workers and customers over the years.
- worked from 8am to 5pm five days a week.
Pros
Met great people over the years
Cons
hour long drive round trip and no job security
one sided
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Delia, AB6 November 2015
If it wasn't seasonal it would be a place to retire from. The company needs to listen to the staff more and keep the employees excited about their work!
Pros
Doing deliveries
Cons
seasonal
Great summer job and experience!
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Ponoka, AB11 March 2015
incredibly busy job, but if you can get past having no life outside of work for a few weeks until it slows down its great! lots of overtime hours, turning into awesome pay cheques! worked with awesome people, really enjoyed not just working with coworkers but also customers. Only down side is that it is mostly a spring seasonal job, and had to find something else for the rest of the summer. never know when your last day could be, so the unpredictability of it was not so great, but all in all I wish I could go back to it!
No place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB1 October 2014
Poor senior management, Low pay.
Co workers were good.
Company will be sold within 2 years.
Pros
Part of Agrium
Cons
Viterra
I'm looking for a career that will challenge me but still be fun
Assistant Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK4 February 2014
My work day involves reviewing reports, processing credit applications and working with customers to solve issues.

I've learned if you listen and understand the situation, issues can be resolved quickly and to everyone's satisfaction.

When you make a decision make sure you understand the issue first and be prepared to defend it. But do not be so firm as to not consider alternatives.

The most enjoyable part of my day is working with an excellent team and having fun while getting the job done..
Pros
I work with great people and a rewarding job
Good work environment
Shop Hand & Trucking (Former Employee) –  Warner, AB11 October 2013
I was spring help to get all the farmers seeded
I hauled fertilizer and worked on the equipment there ( floater, semi trucks, ammonia wagon,sprayer, daily operations at the fert plant.