Manager, Legal Administration: this role is a new role located in Calgary that has potential to grow. Initially, the incumbent will be responsible to manage the work load of over 10 lawyers as well as their Legal Assistants. He/she will be responsible to manage the day to day administration of the office/ approaching deadlines and court dates, etc. for the Calgary and Edmonton Legal Sector of the Corporation and may potentially grow to other offices out West.
Compensation: approx range of $75 - 85K. This will vary depending on experience and qualifications.
The Manager for Legal Administration will manage all the functions necessary to ensure the efficient operation of the Calgary and Edmonton offices and the provision of general offices services for the legal administrative professionals. The successful candidate will work alongside Legal Counsel, the Legal Claims Manager and the Director of Legal Claims to coordinate, delegate and oversee the workflow amongst the Legal Assistants and Paralegals. This position will be based in our Calgary office and will report to the Director of Legal Claims.
- Run the day to day administrative operations of the Legal Claims Department, managing supplies and resources.
- Direct the recruiting, selection, training and development of legal support staff; conduct performance evaluations, manage employee relations, motivate and counsel staff, implement orientation and coordinate memberships and training opportunities.
- Facilitate the allocation of staff resources in coordination with the Director and Legal Manager.
- Plan and implement office systems, layout and equipment procurement, through corporate departments.
- Organize office operations and procedures in consultation with Director and Legal Manager.
- Ability to travel to the Edmonton office
- University degree or relevant college diploma
- 5 to 8 years of relevant experience, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience within a law firm or in-house legal department
- Previous supervisory experience is required
- Previous experience managing a team at a distance is an asset
- Well-developed leadership skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain impartial and objective
- Proven organizational skills
Indeed - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard