SENIOR APPLICATION DEVELOPER
In this position, the Sr. Applications Developer will collaborate with the account Technology Director, and the account Development Manager to design, develop, and deliver applications implemented against defined technology platform and system architecture. The Sr. Applications Developer will be responsible for the leadership and coordination of assigned developers (Web, Applications, Database) and to ensure the successful involvement of Quality Assurance and Release Engineering team members in order to deliver a high quality, maintainable code base into the client’s production environments.
This is a 'hands-on' position that requires collaboration in design, and code leadership in development, as well as the ability to mentor the team in Java/ J2EE technologies, support in tool use, and development process improvement. All projects employ StarTeam and ANT to management source code control and deployments.
- Collaborate with the account Technology Director and the account Development Manager to design, develop and deliver applications implemented against defined technology platform and system architecture
- Leadership and coordination of Applications developers, Web developers and Database developers
- Ensure successful involvement of Project Management, Quality Assurance and Release Engineering team members
- Develop code in keeping with established processes and standards
- Assist with development of project code
- Collaboration in code design and provide leadership in the development of the code
- BSc. in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience
- 3+years working experience designing and building internet-based applications with languages such as Java, C++, C#
- 3+ years experience with Java/J2EE application servers
- Experience with a version control system such as StarTeam
- Experience with build tools such as ANT
- 3+ years experience with web servers such as Iplanet, apache, etc.
- 3+ years experience with and a strong understanding of Sun Solaris
- 3+ years experience with Oracle and ANSI SQL
- Knowledge of web or enterprise content management systems
- Knowledge of code and release management
- Strong creative problem-solving ability
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and proven leadership ability
- Ability and desire to thrive in a fast-paced, client-services environment
- Salary will be between $70,000 CAD to $90,000 CAD yearly, based upon a 40 hour work week – starting sally will be based upon experience/qualifications
- Benefits available after determined probation
Please apply online at http://bc.tbe.taleo.net/BC1/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CRITICALMASS&cws=1&rid=2037
Indeed - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Critical Mass develops and builds sophisticated websites and relationship marketing programs that enable organizations to develop deeper,...