Critical Control

Critical Control Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
trust issues, unfriendly gossip and moral issues rampant
Support (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 19, 2013
Pros: consistant work, predictable hours and flexibility
Cons: unknown job security, poor raises
Where to begin

The pay is below average, and only becoming average or above when you threaten to quit and they know they have undervalued you as an employee(they seem shocked you know this too...). This will often result in a significant increase in salary. However this only comes up when you are in a position of negotiation, example having written obscure code that is unable to be managed by someone else.

The work is challenging because it is a small company so you are constantly having to test your mettle. However this also means there is little to no support from management or staff around you. This backfires to some employees resulting in mistrust from management and potentially termination. Horrid learning environment.

A significant part of the management rules with an emotional mentality. If you are their friend, you get everything you want. You will get promotions, training, school etc. If you are not, you get nothing and are often discouraged and many indirectly encouraged to seek new employment. It's a toxic environment for those hard working as you will be treated with skepticism and mistrust even though you can prove your worth.

Co-workers are great. Incredibly friendly bunch of people, open and willing to literally, be your friend. Birthdays are celebrated at employees expense and team lunches out are encouraged between teams. They are literally the backbone of this company. They make people feel warm and welcome and helpful.
The following was what I enjoyed about this job: Problem solving, diversity, seeing what I accomplished at the end of each day.
Scanner Operator (Former Employee), Winnipeg,ManitobaMarch 30, 2013
Pros: diverisity-different clients so different types of douments to scan
Cons: lack of comunication
We were a outsource company that created, digital images, or microfilmed records for archival storage.
On a daily basis I would find out what clients records I would be working on. Read the requirements for that particular client and proceed from there. I would sometimes be assigned new clients and do samples showing different ways they could format their records and then waiting for their approval. At that point I would record the format required and start the work.
Every client was different in the way they keep their records, so I would be consonantly learning differences in their records.

For the most part I worked well with others. When there was any misunderstanding I would always try to resolve the problem with communication first then by seeking HR resource to help. I am always willing to hear other co-workers ideas when dealing with the work at hand.
I found the hardest part (only sometimes) was when we would get a new client,management would not relate all the information needed to complete the job at required by the client.So I would have to re-do some of the work.
I found the most enjoyable part was seeing what I or the team I was working with finish the project.
changed 3 locations, 5 names.
Microfilm Camera operator (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 4, 2012
Pros: co workers, location was good
Cons: closed down, raises were not that great
hours were good. I got along with most of the people most. the benefits were good. location was fine. It was getting hard to go to work hearing that it was going to close down after we were assured that it wasn't.
Type of work and people I worked with.
Scanner Operator (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 27, 2012
Pros: i enjoyed what i did.
Cons: sometimes it was repetitive
On a daily basis I would find out what clients records I would be working on. Read the requirements for that particular client and proceed from there. I would sometimes be assigned new clients and do samples showing different ways they could format their records and then waiting for their approval. At that point I would record the format require and start the work.

Every client was different in the way they keep their records, so I would be consonantly learning the different formats of their records.

This company, in the time I worked there was sold three times. Some Management was very organized others were not. In all three companies I was involved in testing and setting up the formats for scanning the clients documents.

For the most part I have always went out of my way to get along with everyone I worked with. I had no problem helping or showing people what was required for a particular job and was often called upon to teach others.

We would get clients records for a test, set everything up, and then when the live work came in it did not always match the records they sent for the test. So we would have to adjust the requirements before starting the job.

The part I enjoyed about this job was the following: Problem solving, diversity, seeing what I accomplished at the end of each day.
Cross-training
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 23, 2012
Pros: letting us cross train and learn the other jobs in the company.
Cons: management never told us we were doing a great job.
The first project I worked on, I was hired as a typist. I however made my way up to Assistant Supervisor and eventually ran the project to the end. While I moved up, I made sure that I knew all the jobs to run the project. My way of thinking was just in case their was missing staff, I could fill in.

My next project I was asked by the Operations Manager and Floor Manager to run the project. But there was co-workers who thought I wasn't fit for the job. That made the job a little more difficult, but I did my best. I always made sure my reports and spreadsheets were handed in on time. And the project was running smoothly.

Hardest part of the job was battling with my own co-workers. I always had to defend myself as they thought I wasn't right for the job.

The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new jobs as I went along in the five years I worked there. I was always willing to learn. I would go see my Floor Manager and ask if I could learn the job. And my co-workers, the ones that I enjoyed working with made the job fun.