Position Title: Executive Director (Full-Time)
Location: London Area
Application Deadline: 4 pm of July 9, 2013
In 1971 a group of citizens from Middlesex County shared a common belief that everyone, no matter what their intellectual capacity, should be able to live life to its fullest and be afforded the opportunity to reach the “Crest” of his or her potential. They built a group home and incorporated it as a non-profit organization. Today Crest Support Services is a series of housing located in serving Lucan, Ilderton, Ailsa Craig and Granton, Ontario. It is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors and is funded by both the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care through the South West LHIN and the Ministry of Community and Social Services. Crest not only provides a wide range of residential support but day, specialized and community supports to people accessing services. We currently serve between 40-60 individuals and have over 120 employees.
Crest is committed to helping people live enriched lives in inclusive communities. We believe that people we support have the right of full citizens and, therefore, we promote inclusion in the communities in which they live, work and play.
Reporting to a Board of Directors and in accordance with the Strategic Plan, the ED will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Crest Support Services’ employees, services, program, human resources and execution of its Mission. You must be a strategic thinker with well honed analytical abilities. You understand the big picture and have the experience and ability to recognize areas of organization strength and areas for development. Your strong business acumen allows you to determine and prioritize the key objectives and milestones needed in the areas of Leadership, Program Development, Fund Development and Accountability.
You are an influential leader that has excellent relationship building skills, excellent people skills, and a very important can-do attitude. You are able to make difficult decisions and have a passion for advocating for the emotional and physical well being of people accessing service at Crest.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s level education, Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in the Executive Director role with a minimum 3-5 years executive and management experience with a non-profit community based organization
- Knowledgeable of and commitment to a person centered approach to service and ability to work with families as part of a personal support team
- Due to legislative requirements the employee must submit to a criminal reference check and a vulnerable sector search
- Use of a reliable vehicle, possession of a valid drivers licence and being insurable are job requirements
- Technical proficiency is essential
All expressions of interest are appreciated, however only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews and will be supplied with additional role and company information.