Creditron is a leader in delivering payment processing and receivables automation solutions to financial institutions, businesses, government entities and non-profit organizations across North America. Our strong support services team handles both system implementation and ongoing customer support.
Tier Two Customer Support and Implementation Specialist
Reporting to the Customer Support and Implementation Manager the Tier Two Customer Support and Implementation Specialist is one of a team of technology professionals focused on implementing, monitoring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Creditron’s IAX software application.
- Implement, monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot Creditron’s proprietary payment processing software (IAX).
- Debug and update customer programs.
- Build, maintain, administer and support databases.
- Install and configure database management software, translate database design and diagnose database performance issues.
- Keep data secure by managing access, privileges and information migration.
- Install software upgrades, manage hardware upgrades and maintain computer servers.
- Develop backup and recovery strategies, and monitor servers to ensure capacity is not exceeded.
- Provide users with training on new database software and systems.
- Provide assistance via telephone and remote desktop sharing (e.g. WebEx).
- Work with third party vendors to place hardware support calls and resolve issues.
- Maintain and update incident management database for tracking purposes.
- Support our company's proprietary payment processing software.
- Support the physical hardware which processes payments.
- 3-5 years experience in a technical support or customer service capacity for software applications
- Degree or Diploma in a computer related field (E.g. Computer Science, Computer Information System, Computer Engineering etc.)
- Familiarity with SQL Server (2005+), SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio), ad hoc scripts, and nice to have SQL Server Profiler.
- Knowledge of VM Ware and automation testing tools is an asset
- Customer service orientated with strong interpersonal skills
- Able to effectively multi-task and problem solve in a fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively communicate through all available mediums (verbal, listening, writing) in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to apply proven principles of theory and design to build and manage databases
- Determine significant features, advantages and disadvantages of various database systems
- Ability to implement best practices in information technology management
- Proficient with Windows workstation & server class operating systems (2000, XP, Vista, 7)
- Problem management skills (ability to take initiative/ownership and follow through on all areas of work in an urgent and expedient manner to completion)
- Able to work independently or as a member of a Team, as directed by his/her Manager.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites within North America up to 40% of time during peak periods
- Willing and able to work (Monday - Friday 8:30AM – 5:00PM) with the exception of late support coverage (10:30AM – 6:30PM) one day a week, or as needed.
- Microsoft & DBA Certification
- Experience in accounting and /or information systems
- Experience in Visual Basic and .NET programming
- Familiarity with computer hardware
Indeed - 10 months ago