Position: Financial Controller - Merchant Advance Capital and Creditloans Canada Financing (the “Companies”)
Merchant Advance Capital provides flexible financing solutions for Canadian small businesses that accept debit/credit card payments from their customers. By purchasing a business's future sales and collecting funds by withholding a small percentage of all debit/credit card transactions, we are able to offer unconventional financing solutions that are usually only available to larger companies.
Creditloans Canada Financing Inc., is an innovative new national lender who provides flexible term loans and debt consolidation loans to Canadian consumers coast to coast through its online flagship www.urloan.com.
Both Companies operate out of 1151 W.8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, and require a talented financial Controller. The Controller will report directly to the CEO of each Company, and be responsible for managing all aspects of the Accounting and Finance Departments.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and reports
- Manage all aspects of the accounting system
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts on monthly basis
- Variance analysis, budgeting, audits, internal controls and systems.
- Monitoring cash flow
- Establishing Internal Controls
- Ensure that accounting system operates in an efficient and effective manner.
- Assists financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Coordination of year end audit/review and other regulatory bodies as applicable
- Development of accounting policies, procedures and controls
Your Skill Set and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will be a designated CMA/CA/CGA/CPA with at least 3 years in a similar capacity as a Controller, preferably at a finance company. Experience with a variety of accounting systems is an asset, including Sage 50 or custom accounting systems. You should be proficient with computers and word processing skills including Microsoft Word and Excel with demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail. You should have a working knowledge of IT systems and controls. Experience with Google Apps, including Mail and Drive is a plus.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: 1151 W.8th Avenue, Vancouver B.C.
Compensation: $50,000 - $65,000 per annum to start