Reporting to: Developer/Business Analyst
Employment: Contract: starting ASAP to December 20, 2013
Location: 151 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON
Closing Date: March 1, 2013
Credit Union Central of Canada (Canadian Central) is the national trade association for the Canadian credit union system. Canadian Central, as the national voice and national forum for the Canadian credit union system, actively leads or participates in initiatives to build successful, competitive, and growing credit unions in Canada. Our mission is to lead and contribute to the success of the credit union system through strong advocacy, expert research, and the provision of value-added services to its members.
Our Information Technology team is pivotal to Canadian Central’s success in achieving this vision. A respected IT team of under 10 employees makes this an excellent starting position. This position will provide the opportunity to do a variety of tasks, while learning from more experienced colleagues.
Reporting to the Developer/Business Analyst, you will:
- Provide technical support to maintain existing administrative systems by: troubleshooting system and application issues; document solutions and follow up with end users to ensure complete closure of reported issues;
- Assess and analyze requests for enhancements, upgrades and modifications to the existing administrative systems and implement where feasible;
- Meet with users to discuss needs and requirements;
- Analyse existing system modules, business procedures and available technologies to identify and define possible solutions;
- Work with Developer/Business Analyst to develop a web based application, including design, development, testing, and implementation;
- Installation of software upgrades and new applications;
- Ensure user manuals and technical documentation are maintained;
- Maintain, develop and share your technical skills in a rapidly changing environment;
- Support users in simple web requests such as user password resets, access requests browser issues, etc.
The successful candidate must possess a diploma/degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other computer-related field along with a minimum of 1 year of structured systems design and development experience (through coop placements or other on the job experience) using relational databases (MSSQL*Server) or 1 year development experience working with C#, ASP.Net, jQuery, CSS, HTML and Windows
Experience with other technologies, such as SharePoint, XML, would be an asset.
Excellent listening, oral and written communication and problem solving skills are a must along with the ability to multi-task effectively and work well as a team member and independently. Must have demonstrated customer service orientation, be able to work well in stressful environments and work effectively with customers to achieve suitable solutions for all parties.
Please send your resume and cover letter quoting in the subject line "Junior Systems/Web Developer/Support Specialist".