Credit Union Central of Canada (Canadian Central) is the national trade association for the Canadian credit union system. Canadian Central, as the national voice and national forum for the Canadian credit union system, actively leads or participates in initiatives to build successful, competitive, and growing credit unions in Canada. Our mission is to lead and contribute to the success of the credit union system through strong advocacy, expert research, and the provision of value-added services to its members.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Payments, the incumbent will provide support to Payments Committees and Boards which have contracted Canadian Central for management services; undertake research and analysis focused on developments in the Canadian and international payments industry; develop and maintain operational contacts within industry associations, payment groups and service suppliers; assist in the management of Canadian Central’s payment-focused priority projects as required; support the process of identifying, investigating and communicating information about new payment products and services to credit unions; undertake research to develop credit union system positions on payment related issues and co-ordinate responses to system requests for information regarding payments, develop business cases for new payment products and services and support project management activities within the Payments department.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Payments, you will:
1. Committee and Board Support
- Preparation and coordination of committee meetings and the development of documentation including agendas, meeting minutes, business arising reports, discussion and decision papers, presentations, budget and any other relevant meeting materials;
- Research, preparation and drafting of business case documents to support annual budget processes;
- Develop and manage the appropriate communication tools to ensure the activities of the committee and boards are well understood by their credit union members;
- Assist in managing, tracking and reporting on the strategic initiatives of the respective committee/board;
- Analyze and distribute activity and transaction based reporting to committees and boards as required.
2. Research and Analysis
- Review, document and provide analysis of developments in the payments industry, policy documents, discussion papers and proposed changes to payment rules and regulations;
- Assist in identifying and documenting payment related issues and trends which may impact credit unions and, where appropriate, prepare analysis and recommendations;
- As required, undertake research in order to facilitate the development of credit union system positions on payments-related issues.
3. Business Case Development and Project Support
- Provide Senior Managers with support as required with drafting business case documents for new products and services and, if approved, develop project plans to assist in identifying the appropriate implementation activities within Canadian Central.
- Respond to member requests for information about payment products and services, payments-related rules, regulations, legislation, and policy and other developments relevant to the payments mandate;
- As required, develop materials for communication to the system regarding industry developments and payments-related issues of interest to the credit union system.
The successful candidate must possess a Post-Secondary education in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent work experience at an association or financial institution. A background in business and/or finance would be a definite asset.
Two to five years of relevant experience in payment-related research and analysis,project management and/or financial services.
- Knowledge of the credit union system, card and electronic payment networks, and the financial services sector;
- Experience working with committees and boards;
- Some work experience and/or exposure to project management methodologies;
- A willingness to take the initiative and work with limited supervision;
- Proven research and analysis skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Well-developed presentation skills and the ability to think creatively,
- Interpersonal skills that support working effectively within a team environment;
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize work activities; and
- Advanced working knowledge of normal office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Please note that this is not an IT position. If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter quoting in the subject line “Business Analyst, Payments”.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.