Credit Suisse

Credit Suisse Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good place to work with
Human Resource Analyst (Current Employee), Pune, MHJune 18, 2014
i enjoy my time and learnt a lot in this company. Excellent option to move to various teams, learn more.
Productive atmosphere
contractor (Current Employee), Singapore, S00June 13, 2014
Pros: good working ennvironment if you are self motivated for learning
-> Working as a senior BA in Dodd Frank Reg Reform program
-> Responsible for collecting the requirements from Users, various forums (ISDA etc.,) and regulatory requirements, Accountable for Functional specification preparation using use cases
->Responsible for SIT,UAT and maintaining the SDLC
-> Expericne in Multiple Asset classes in the financial – more... domain
->have a good experienced global team and there is lot to learn – less
Strict working conditions with lot to learn
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHJune 9, 2014
Cons: short breaks were discouraged
-Lot of work throughout the day and a 12 hour day typically
-A lot on swaps, stock loan, prime brokerage business lines like managed lending and risk analysis.
-Management was indifferent at times.
-co-workers were not particularly clear about career paths.
-the hardest part was to socialize and look at a complete picture and work was narrowed and learning – more... could not be achieved.
-learning on your own was a treat. Getting exposed to a number of systems in banking and having a complete understanding of the business was enlightening. – less
Asst. Vice President (Current Employee), Pune, MHJune 8, 2014
Competitive and advanced technology
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 5, 2014
Top rated investment bank with highly profitable proprietary trading desk.
Place to work for living
Network 2nd line Support (Current Employee), Dublin, DMay 28, 2014
Pros: health insurance for staff and whole family
Busy all time. Through different IT projects. have learned some good and useful IT application. Most Co-workers are nice and helpful.
Challenging workplace with great opportunities
Team Leader (Current Employee), Wrocław, DOMay 27, 2014
Pros: provides great opportunities for personal development
Cons: work/life balance
My day to day task would consist of receiving notification about corporate actions taking place. My responsibility is to make sure we deliver and process these events to our clients located in Guernsey and Gibraltar. I work closely with other team members and my direct manager. Being a team player and being able to delegate is essential. In order to – more... maintain highest level of customer service we need to be organised, keep the deadlines, cooperate with various departments and organisations.
The most enjoyable part of my work is cooperating with other team members, contact with clients, as well as resolving ad hoc issues and helping others.
I appreciate honesty and fair feedback when it comes to my direct supervisors. This ensures constant improvement of my work and relations.
During my career I have taken part in three deployments from USA, and UK. The hardest part of the job, was a challenge of transferring the skills and processes, long established in other locations. At the same time it was very exciting and rewarding to make it work and improve on it, where possible. – less
Rewarding and challenging work place that builds your skill sets
DATA BACKUP and REPORTING TEAM LEAD (Former Employee), London, ENGMay 7, 2014
Pros: responsibility and career progression
Cons: investment banking is a stressful environment, but this part of the fun and excitement in a dynamic career.
Varied contact with numerous people and departments.
I was tasked with creating a new department from the inset, and this was a great challenge which had great rewards.
Management allowed great responsibility and autonomy and results were constantly strived for.
In all, a great place to build a career with a global name that provided immense opportunities – more... for growth. – less
A challenging and exciting place to work
Major Incident Manager (Former Employee), SingaporeMay 7, 2014
In this role I was responsible for the execution and governance of the Major Incident Management process for APAC and EMEA. Technically I was closely involved with and cross-trained in all areas Credit Suisse’s IT production environment. I was responsible for developing a new bespoke tool for the recording and reporting of Major Incidents. I produced – more... work-flow trend analysis reports for regular distribution to a wide and senior audience. – less
A good place to work.
International Equity Sales, Trade Support (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 5, 2014
A leading company in the financial industry and it was a good working experience.
Productive and learning workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee), Canary Wharf, ENGMay 5, 2014
Pros: job security.
Cons: long hours
Great at the time for my Security induction. Friendly staff.
Stressful but Exciting Environment
Personal Assistant to CEO (Former Employee), JohannesburgApril 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
Screened all telephone calls
Diary and email management
Preparation and authorisation of all marketing material.
Arranged all local and international travel and accommodation
Plan and coordinate all functions, seminars, cocktails, lunches & dinners
Minute taking on Dictaphone and copy typing
Processing of travel and entertainment expenses
Controlled – more... and reconciled petty cash
Project management
Prepared presentations for new business
Assisted with monthly project budgets – less
Overworked and underpaid
P&S Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 24, 2014
It was a great experience for me because it was my first job that i had acquired while still in HS during the CO-OP program. I learned so much but after a few years all new upper management came in and all they did was push out all the employees to hire there ex-coworkers from their previous companies.
Relaxed and responsible people
Quantitative Analyst (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHApril 23, 2014
Workspace and culture @ Credit Suisse are quite relaxed and self-indulgent. Employees are givesn responsibilities and are expected to fulfil individually or in small groups. Generally, groups are quiet and believe in working, rather than discussing or having fun. Management overall is quite good which helps in keeping the core qualities of the company – more... to be intact. Great learning place, as one has to take care of their responsibilities completely and peacefully. Not so much of growth though, as again peaceful environment hinders the path of passion and growth. But good worklife-personal life balance overall. – less
productive workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee), Hong KongApril 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch sometimes
You have to be familiar with the conference details because you have to interact with the people who go for the company conference and to tell them the location or the people they would like to reach.
Great company
Solutions Architect / Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2014
Amazing company which provides great work environment and ability to grow.
A sure-shot career killer if you aren't ready to be a 24x7 slave
Ex-Consultant (Former Employee), SingaporeApril 20, 2014
Pros: military like work culture, teaching survival techniques.
Cons: buttering one's godfather/godmother works, pathetic work-life balance, slavery-like employment, carefully hand-picked anti-employee people run the show as managers (not all of them)...
Worst work culture I've seen in my decade long career. Not sure about other locations but in Singapore it was pathetic.
Lots and lots of work, extra hours, weekend-work, holiday-work, no holidays. No family/social life.
Leaving office 'on time' is called 'leaving early'. You absolutely have to spend 13-14 hours on an average on a daily basis. If you – more... ever leave office once in a blue moon at the official shift-end time, you attract weird glances and unfavorable comments often.
And all this for no returns or rewards.

People who joined earlier and have reached high positions now simply don't want others to grow so that their positions remain secured. They are totally against allowing people to grow. Due to this, People working their guts out for years remain stranded at the same position with no increase in salary year after year.

I wasted invaluable 4 years of my career here, in CS Singapore.

To survive here, you must have a godfather or a godmother who will pull you along every time he/she moves up. Otherwise, life here is like serving a sentence.

One good thing that's come out in my favour after I've worked with them is, if I've survived in PTG at CS Singapore, I can survive anywhere. I've worked with a couple of other large firms in similar projects after my tenure at CS and I absolutely found things like cakewalk. Had no insecurities or issues at all. – less
Spring Week Intern
Spring Week Intern (Former Employee), London, ENGApril 20, 2014
This was a week long spring internship. We learnt about the industry, then focused in on the bank itself and then it's separate divisions. I did a lot of work shadowing and learnt a lot about the industry and possible career choices. Everyone is very supportive and willing to help and there was a lot of networking events.
Always Busy
Catering Attendant (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 15, 2014
Pros: learning
Cons: clients
Lots of catering events, Difficult clients but great learning experience
Good
Quantitative Analyst (Former Employee), IndiaApril 9, 2014
Overall good, strong focus on work life balance
Not high pressure environment

About Credit Suisse

Credit Suisse (USA) is one of the top US investment banks, offering advisory services on mergers and acquisitions, raising capital, – Read more

Credit Suisse Photos