Credit Suisse

Credit Suisse Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A challenging and exciting place to work
Major Incident Manager (Former Employee), SingaporeMay 7, 2014
In this role I was responsible for the execution and governance of the Major Incident Management process for APAC and EMEA. Technically I was closely involved with and cross-trained in all areas Credit Suisse’s IT production environment. I was responsible for developing a new bespoke tool for the recording and reporting of Major Incidents. I produced – more... work-flow trend analysis reports for regular distribution to a wide and senior audience. – less
A good place to work.
International Equity Sales, Trade Support (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 5, 2014
A leading company in the financial industry and it was a good working experience.
Productive and learning workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee), Canary Wharf, ENGMay 5, 2014
Pros: job security.
Cons: long hours
Great at the time for my Security induction. Friendly staff.
Stressful but Exciting Environment
Personal Assistant to CEO (Former Employee), JohannesburgApril 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
Screened all telephone calls
Diary and email management
Preparation and authorisation of all marketing material.
Arranged all local and international travel and accommodation
Plan and coordinate all functions, seminars, cocktails, lunches & dinners
Minute taking on Dictaphone and copy typing
Processing of travel and entertainment expenses
Controlled – more... and reconciled petty cash
Project management
Prepared presentations for new business
Assisted with monthly project budgets – less
Overworked and underpaid
P&S Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 24, 2014
It was a great experience for me because it was my first job that i had acquired while still in HS during the CO-OP program. I learned so much but after a few years all new upper management came in and all they did was push out all the employees to hire there ex-coworkers from their previous companies.
Relaxed and responsible people
Quantitative Analyst (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHApril 23, 2014
Workspace and culture @ Credit Suisse are quite relaxed and self-indulgent. Employees are givesn responsibilities and are expected to fulfil individually or in small groups. Generally, groups are quiet and believe in working, rather than discussing or having fun. Management overall is quite good which helps in keeping the core qualities of the company – more... to be intact. Great learning place, as one has to take care of their responsibilities completely and peacefully. Not so much of growth though, as again peaceful environment hinders the path of passion and growth. But good worklife-personal life balance overall. – less
productive workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee), Hong KongApril 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch sometimes
You have to be familiar with the conference details because you have to interact with the people who go for the company conference and to tell them the location or the people they would like to reach.
Great company
Solutions Architect / Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2014
Amazing company which provides great work environment and ability to grow.
A sure-shot career killer if you aren't ready to be a 24x7 slave
Ex-Consultant (Former Employee), SingaporeApril 20, 2014
Pros: military like work culture, teaching survival techniques.
Cons: buttering one's godfather/godmother works, pathetic work-life balance, slavery-like employment, carefully hand-picked anti-employee people run the show as managers (not all of them)...
Worst work culture I've seen in my decade long career. Not sure about other locations but in Singapore it was pathetic.
Lots and lots of work, extra hours, weekend-work, holiday-work, no holidays. No family/social life.
Leaving office 'on time' is called 'leaving early'. You absolutely have to spend 13-14 hours on an average on a daily basis. If you – more... ever leave office once in a blue moon at the official shift-end time, you attract weird glances and unfavorable comments often.
And all this for no returns or rewards.

People who joined earlier and have reached high positions now simply don't want others to grow so that their positions remain secured. They are totally against allowing people to grow. Due to this, People working their guts out for years remain stranded at the same position with no increase in salary year after year.

I wasted invaluable 4 years of my career here, in CS Singapore.

To survive here, you must have a godfather or a godmother who will pull you along every time he/she moves up. Otherwise, life here is like serving a sentence.

One good thing that's come out in my favour after I've worked with them is, if I've survived in PTG at CS Singapore, I can survive anywhere. I've worked with a couple of other large firms in similar projects after my tenure at CS and I absolutely found things like cakewalk. Had no insecurities or issues at all. – less
Spring Week Intern
Spring Week Intern (Former Employee), London, ENGApril 20, 2014
This was a week long spring internship. We learnt about the industry, then focused in on the bank itself and then it's separate divisions. I did a lot of work shadowing and learnt a lot about the industry and possible career choices. Everyone is very supportive and willing to help and there was a lot of networking events.
Always Busy
Catering Attendant (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 15, 2014
Pros: learning
Cons: clients
Lots of catering events, Difficult clients but great learning experience
Good
Quantitative Analyst (Former Employee), IndiaApril 9, 2014
Overall good, strong focus on work life balance
Not high pressure environment
VAPS is the first to introduce ERP Solutions for Campus Management
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 5, 2014
VAPS TECHNOSOFT an ISO 9001 Company established and growing Software Development Company based in Bangalore and specialized in Campus Management Software for educational institutions ranging from kinder garden to post Graduation.
VAPS is the first to introduce ERP Solutions for Campus Management providing superior quality software solutions backed by – more... the highest standards of customer satisfaction. VAPS is the first to provide complete end to end IT Solutions to Implement and Integrate Software, Hi -End Technology Infrastructure and Networking Solution. – less
Prodcutive Place
Senior Oracle & ETL Developer, ShS IT (Current Employee), Singapore, S00April 2, 2014
Subject matter expert in Opera DAL and its sub-systems; contributing to the design & delivery of key components
of the CFO IT strategy, working in partnership with our delivery colleagues in London, New York & Singapore
and our offshore vendor delivery team.

- Reviewing and understanding business requirements and functional specification analysis.
- – more... Providing review and subject-matter-expert oversight to technical design documentation.
- Providing review and subject-matter-expert oversight to unit test cases and scenarios.
- Managing the offshore vendor delivery of versioned software components.
- Providing troubleshooting support to large E2E test cycles and user queries.
- Contributing to release notes and user documentation.
- Participation in 3rd line support activities for the global production application suite.
- Acting as a point of technology excellence to other developers. – less
Investment Bank
AVP Financial Accounting and Planning (Former Employee), New YorkApril 2, 2014
A typical day of work at Credit Suisse is handling and resolve issues raised by the client.
Challenging in a good way
Intern, Summer Development Program (Former Employee), Hong Kong, HKIApril 2, 2014
It was an internship program, so I cannot speak for all of them. However, overall experience is challenging yet fun. Plenty brilliant people to work with if you are interested in investing, financial planning and interacting with high net-worth clients.
Constant learning about products and guidelines
Assistant Vice President, Account Executive (Former Employee), Princeton, NJMarch 28, 2014
Taking lots of phone calls and answer many product, pricing, guidelines and website questions. Helping our customers learn how to use our website to make them more efficient. Reviewing and analyzing data to help our traders make our Mortgage products more aggressive.
Client Srevice
Client Service for OTC Derevatives Settlements (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 27, 2014
My work day mostley consist of handling client issues and liase with different desks through out Credit Suisse. Helping resolve client issues with different scenario is teh most fun part about my job.
Work on in house developed system for quarterly confirmation system in Internal Audit Department
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 24, 2014
Enhance system functionalities and resolve any technical issue arise. I had learned user requirement gathering, UAT, and prod deployment. In additional, system/database migration and database administration.

Worked closely with co-workers and builded a great team.

Hardest part of the job was to understand the true needs from the users as they might – more... not had the technical background on system and did not understand why the system process was developed in certain way. However, after system explanation, walkthrough, training, we were able to have user understand the process clearly, thus they can define their requirement for the system clearly.

Most enjoyable part of the job was to able to build a system that really help the users and facilitate their work. – less
Excellent
CIS Analyst (Former Employee), Dublin, DMarch 24, 2014
Pros: all
Cons: non
Excellent place to work, very productive work environment .Nice People and nice culture.

About Credit Suisse

Credit Suisse (USA) is one of the top US investment banks, offering advisory services on mergers and acquisitions, raising capital, – Read more

Credit Suisse Photos