Job Posting Announcement – May10, 2013 – May 24, 2013
Position: Part Time Preschool Teacher, Creative Corners Cooperative Nursery School
Job Summary: We are currently searching for a permanent part-time teacher. This is a unique opportunity to lead a play-based, parent participation preschool program that runs five mornings a week from September to June. We are looking for an experienced, dynamic teacher who enjoys working with young children, has a nurturing personality and can work well with parents. This position officially starts in September 2013.
- Registered Early Childhood Education certificate or equivalent
- Two years experience working with preschool aged children
- Police check
- CPR certificate
The Preschool Teacher will be responsible for managing all aspects of the nursery school. The responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Actively encourage children in free play and guide them in their physical, social, mental and emotional development in accordance with the philosophy of our school
- Work with the children in a group while retaining sensitivity to each child’s individual needs
- Maintain appropriate day to day communication with parents
- Provide the continuity and long range planning of the year’s program and work out a daily schedule of activities based upon a mutually agreed philosophy
- Direct and participate in the setting up of our school’s environment at the beginning and end of each day
- Select the types of field trips appropriate to the children’s needs/interests and approved by our school’s executive committee
- Guide our school’s Executive Council in the procurement of equipment and supplies
- Assist, supervise and guide substitute teachers, volunteers and educational assistants as required
- Conduct one or two hour Open House meetings prior to the first day of school and outside of the regularly schedule hours of this contract
- Attend co-op meetings for our school at times outside of the regularly scheduled hours of this contract and make reasonable efforts to attend social events arranged for parents and students
- Maintain communication with our Executive Council including the two morning and three morning coordinators on all pertinent information required to have the programs run effectively
- Stay current with innovative ideas, concepts or trends in early childhood education and incorporate changes into the curriculum
We offer a competitive salary range between $26,000 and $30,000 per year.
Location: The nursery school is located in a bright space in Western Technical Secondary School at 125 Evelyn Crescent, Toronto ON.
We strongly suggest applicants visit the school's website at www.ccnurseryschool.ca to learn more about our preschool school program and our school’s philosophy.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter by May 24, 2013. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We look forward to finding a loving, energetic, capable teacher for our school.