The Creation Difference -- The People!
We are an Electronic Manufacturing Service (EMS) Provider. We provide high-mix, high-complexity, start-to-finish manufacturing and supply chain solutions to companies in the Industrial Controls, Instrumentation, Medical, Communications, Transportation, Military/Aerospace and Safety & Security industries.
Our culture of excellence has attracted leading talent, working together as part of multi-disciplinary, Customer-Focused Teams. Professionals from engineering, program management, supply chain management, test, quality assurance and production provide end-to-end value excellence.
Create your future with us!
If your goal is to be part of a bold, entrepreneurial and diverse team, where you are empowered to make a difference and your hard work is recognized and rewarded, then Creation Technologies is looking to invest in you.
We place high value on maintaining and recruiting a core of highly skilled and positive people who thrive in a fast-paced and stimulating workplace.
Come and develop your career while enjoying our fantastic culture that promotes mutual respect, integrity and teamwork. At Creation, we know it is our people who make us a leading global Electronics Manufacturing Services provider and one of the top 50 Technology Companies in Canada.
We believe in working hard and playing hard!
Working together to build the future- www.creationtech.com
Creation Technologies is offering career opportunities in:
ROLE: Product Cost Engineering (Materials)
LOCATION: Headquarters, BC
Creation's Product Cost Engineering team supports new and existing customers through the analysis of cost elements required for quoting. Working directly with Customer-Focused Teams and Business Development, the team is responsible for the construct of quotes using best available information. All team members are expected to have excellent, general understanding of PCBA parts and assembly processes. The successful candidate will be a problem solver with an exceptional customer service attitude and a willingness to work as a team. Experience in supply chain and/or contract manufacturing is an asset as is a background in electronics sourcing and procurement. Candidates without specific experience but with an interest in the role and positive attitude will be considered and encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Development of quotes for existing and new customers including:
- Interpretation and manipulation of technical documents (BOMs, engineering drawings and/or computer models).
- Application of tools and direct communication with the supply base to quote components.
- Development, review & release of quote documents; presentation of quote packages to internal customers.
- Regular communication with internal customers (Business Development, Customer-Focused Teams), stakeholders (engineering, supply chain, finance), Creation suppliers & external customers. Particular focus is communication with Creation's supply chain team, and the supply base.
Additionally, the team support the on-going development and maintenance of quoting tools as well as participation or leadership of team projects.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Excellent customer service attitude and effective organizational skills; ability to prioritize work in response to multiple, fluid deadlines.
- High proficiency with MS Office programs, especially Excel.
- 5+ years of electronics industry experience and/or relevant post-secondary education.
- Strong verbal and written English communication; skills to work effectively in a cross functional team environment.
- Understanding of electronic components (types, use, manufacturers) and component distribution.
- Experience in material procurement and/or cost estimating.
- Experience or understanding of electronics manufacturing processes.
- Familiarity with database applications (Access, Oracle).
- Understanding of metals and/or plastics fabrication processes.
Please submit your resume to:
Human Resources / People & Culture
Creation Technologies LP
3939 North Fraser Way
Please include the job title you are applying for in your email heading in either Word or PDF, not Sky Drive.
We thank all applicants, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.