The Creation Difference -- The People!
We are an Electronic Manufacturing Service (EMS) Provider. We provide high-mix, high-complexity, start-to-finish manufacturing and supply chain solutions to companies in the Industrial Controls, Instrumentation, Medical, Communications, Transportation, Military/Aerospace and Safety & Security industries.
Our culture of excellence has attracted leading talent, working together as part of multi-disciplinary, Customer-Focused Teams. Professionals from engineering, program management, supply chain management, test, quality assurance and production provide end-to-end value excellence.
Create your future with us!
If your goal is to be part of a bold, entrepreneurial and diverse team, where you are empowered to make a difference and your hard work is recognized and rewarded, then Creation Technologies is looking to invest in you.
We place high value on maintaining and recruiting a core of highly skilled and positive people who thrive in a fast-paced and stimulating workplace.
Come and develop your career while enjoying our fantastic culture that promotes mutual respect, integrity and teamwork. At Creation, we know it is our people who make us a leading global Electronics Manufacturing Services provider and one of the top 50 Technology Companies in Canada.
We believe in working hard and playing hard!
Working together to build the future- www.creationtech.com
Creation Technologies is offering career opportunities in:
ROLE: Inspector - SMT
SHIFT: Day - 7:00 am - 3:30 pm - or- Night - 10:00 pm - 7:30 am
LOCATION: Vancouver Business Unit
RESPONSIBLITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- In-process / Final Inspection of thru-hole and surface mount components using microscope
- Demonstrating a high level of inspection skill with a broad knowledge of solder joints and ensuring that IPC criteria has been met according to IPC-A-610 standard
- Reworking thru-hole and surface mount assemblies including fine pitch components and ensuring that IPC criteria has been met according to IPC 7711/7721 standard
- Hand soldering thru-hole and surface mount components including fine pitch
- Ability to demonstrate rework skills with de-soldering station and hot air gun
- Ability to operate X-ray Inspection Machine in order to inspect and locate solder defects for leadless components
- Ability to operate BGA Rework Machine to rework BGA, LGA, and special connectors
- Recording inspection data using Vision system
- Communicate with Quality Engineer, Process Engineer, and/or Team Leader in regards to any major issues
- Support 5S+1 initiative within the team
- Ability to operate AOI Machine in order to inspect and locate component defects (Part Presence, Polarity, Marking), and solder defects
- Ability to operate ERSASCOPE in order to inspect and locate BGA solder joint defects
- Providing feedback to operators to initiate immediate corrective measures
- Providing support to line operators on set up related issues
- Performing 2nd Check (Visual Inspection) to verify component IPNs and their feeder pick up locations against updated Setup Sheet prior to start of Work Order
- Minimum 2 year electronic assembly and rework experience, particularity with SMT and thru-hole
- Functional in written and spoken English is a must
- Previous inspection experience is an asset
- Strong background in IPC-A-610 (Acceptability of Electronics Assembly) is required
- Basic knowledge of J-STD-001 (Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies) is required
- Knowledge of IPC 7711/7721 (Rework, Modification and Repair of Electronic Assemblies) is preferred
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
Please submit your resume to:
Human Resources / People & Culture
Creation Technologies LP
3939 North Fraser Way
Please include the job title you are applying for in your email heading in either Word or PDF, not Sky Drive.
We thank all applicants, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.