The successful candidate will be joining a small team of staff at one of the few internationally focused charities based in Vancouver. Founded in 2007, Create Change Foundation is a registered non-profit that works to empower the poorest by providing access to water and education. Our first area of focus is Northern Ghana.
The Finance Assistant position will begin as a very part time position, approximately 5 hours per week or 20 hours a month. The position has the possibility of growing considerably over the next year.
As Finance Assistant you will be in charge of creating budgets, reviewing monthly spending, and creating reports and recommendations. Working closely with the Executive Director, you will prepare financial documents for the life changing programs and projects we administer for people living in extreme poverty.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets for Create Change programs and projects
- Coordinate with Finance Officers abroad to manage timely and reliable financial reporting
- Closely review financial reporting that has been submitted from partners abroad
- Coordinate spending of organization's funds while meeting project timelines
- Create financial reports for the Board of Directors and to present to donors and the public
- Experience with budget preparation and analysis and financial reporting
- Ability to transform financial data into informative reports
- Strong knowledge of Quickbooks and Excel
- 2 years financial related experience or equivalent education
- A demonstrated interest in contributing to positive social change
- You know what you're doing
You have experience not only dealing with numbers but also expressing what they mean and how they can impact our work.
- You need to make sure things are done right
You are a perfectionist and need to see everything organized and balanced to get a good nights' sleep. You are diligent and insist on always double checking your work.
You want to ensure generously donated money is spent in a way that will impact truly change people's lives. Your professional satisfaction is derived from seeing an organization become more efficient.
- You're a problem solver and strategic thinker
You have a yes attitude and love creatively thinking how we can find solutions to ensure our work is having the largest impact possible. You find new ways to streamline and create systems that increase efficiency.
You know how to prioritize your responsibilities to ensure you have time to consider issues that may arise in the future. You constantly consider worst-case scenarios, and make provisions in case such situations arise.
- You like turning numbers into stories
You are interested in analyzing the numbers so that Create Change can share news about the growth it is experiences, challenges it faces, and the direct impact of its programs.
Please apply with the subject 'Finance Assistant' with a cover letter and CV. Only candidates that are being considered for the position will be contacted.