CRAWFORD METAL Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Worst place ever to work at.
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 August 2017
The safety factor non existent , management treats people like garbage. Management threatens workers who talk about forming a union. Branch manager lies to employees upon hiring. All in all, DO NOT WORK for this company.
Cons
Long hours, low pay, non-union
Productive and fun enviornment
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee) –  North York, ON21 February 2016
Maintenance of accurate/up-to-date records all the times, sense of strong team work, employee appreciation and excellent customer service were some of the factors which made this company very successful.
Workded independently and i like that
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 October 2015
typical day was to recieve orders measure and weigh skids.place them on skids and operated pulleys to load trucks.
The work was very dirty as the steel was always dirty and greasy but i would say that was the only downfall
Pros
good benefits
Cons
a few managers were younger and often unprofessional
Productive, serious but fun
Office Administration Temp (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 April 2013
A typical day at Crawford Metal Corporation is a long day of answering phones constantly, taking messages for each employee if they cannot answer the phone, collecting all incoming mail, stamping and/or signing all mail and distributing it to each employee it belongs to. Also, collecting all the outgoing mail and preparing that to be sent out. Collected all invoices, fax and file them. I learned what it is like to work in an office and all the responsibilities. Most of my background is all retail so working as a temp. at Crawford Metal was a lot of fun for me. I love to learn new things and that is definitely something I enjoyed and would do again, even do it for a career. The management team there is very nice, serious and disciplinary when they have to be but fun all the time. Same goes for my co-workers there. They are very nice people and were a lot of people to help when I had questions. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the steady phone calls and finding room to complete all other work. The most enjoyable part of the day for me was just that. Even though keeping up with the phones and everything throughout every day was the hardest part of the day, for me it was the most enjoyable. I love a challenge and love to learn new things so I enjoyed it very much.
Pros
learned something new everyday
Cons
long drive home due to traffic