Crawford & Company Employee Reviews

Good job, no security
Claims Care Agent (Former Employee) –  180 King St. East7 April 2014
The job overall was moderately fun and not difficult at all. I was really looking forward to working in the position for awhile.

However as soon as I completed my training I was let go (after countless good reviews during training, passing all my courses and great reviews while on the phone) because I filled out my schedule preference sheet to my preferences instead of what they wanted.

The company has a reputation of firing people for the silliest of reasons and I was a victim of it.
Pros
Easy job, good pay
Cons
Management does not care about you
The most forward thinking innovative place I've worked at in the past 20 years
Adjuster (Current Employee) –  British Columbia30 March 2014
A place where I am treated like an adult, I am not micro managed, I am encouraged. The benefits are great, very flexible work schedule, state of the art technology, very pro active management, this company gets things done and at high speed. Everything is at your finger tips, set up to succeed. There is no formal training so if you aren't a self starter and need a lot of guidance and to be lead by the nose then this is not the right place for you. If you like being given responsibility, very slick streamlined no double handling work then this is a great environment. Probably the only place in 20 years that I have felt like a valued individual instead of a number or cog in a wheel. This is a dynamic, innovative company that isn't stuck in the past. Other companies should be watching for this one because while the fat cats sit back and provide 2+ week turn around times companies like this are swooping in and servicing in hours rather than weeks...
Pros
The most flexible working conditions I've ever had, proactive, get treated with respect
Cons
No formal training
Excellent Employer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crawford & Company24 March 2014
I worked at Crawford for 17 years first in the Healthcare Division, then the Adjusters division when Healthcare in Niagara closed. When we were busy it was a great atmosphere to work in and great people with varying personalities. When we lost a big contract, the office began to slow down which unfortunately led to layoffs. I have no ill feelings towards the company.
Pros
Great employer
Cons
Being laid off
claims adjuster
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 March 2014
-handle claims
-learned how to handle different claims and deal with different types of people
-management is okay
-having to face work overload
-co-workers
Pros
people
Cons
expectations of overtime without pay, excessive work demands
A work week at crawford and company
Software Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON28 January 2014
My typical day
• Created and executed automated software test plans, cases and scripts to uncover, identify and document software problems and their causes.
• Contributed to the QA process improvement and documentation for support in Department Audits.
• Take an active role in backlog grooming to ensure all requirements given are testable and well understood.
• Lead QA status meetings at the daily scrum.
• Ad Hoc Status Reporting on QA status
• Support the project team in all aspects of the project life cycle
• Tested all Web Services between the .net in house application to external systems such as External Bank’s, Appian workflow, Navision accounting services as well as the online claims processing applications
• Applications tested in .Net, ASP.Net, Appian, HTML%, Crystal Reports with the back end of SQL and MySQL. Run simple SQL scripts to validate data within the application directly from the database.
• Pinpointed previously undiscovered flaw in new software release, resulting in formal commendation letter from the department head
• Identified the root cause of intermittent interoperability glitch in the software, leading to a better release
• Conducted formal and informal product design reviews throughout the software development lifecycle to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules and potential issues. Leveraged my communication to communicate effectively with software design team, quickly gaining their respect and becoming a valued, “go-to” team member on challenging test cases
I learn everything that you see above.
  more...
Management was great, they were flexible in hours
co-works were amazing, cause we worked as team and not as individuals
The hardest part of the jobs is that there was not enough hours in a day.
The most enjoyable part of the jobs is seeing the end result of a successful project.
Pros
speaking with co-works and getting their fee- back
Cons
That it was a contract
A good job
Agent of the administrator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON14 January 2014
A typical day at Crawford included speaking with clients and answering their inquiries. I was also assigned to retrieve voicemails and return their call. Some clients were rather difficult due to their claim being at a standstill. I learned a lot about the Residential School Settlement, what defines a class action and how it works. The most enjoyable part of the job was speaking with our clients and hearing their stories. Although some stories were quite disturbing, it was encouraging to hear about them overcoming their unfortunate situations. Unfortunately, not everyone had a positive conclusion to their stories and it was very difficult to hear how their lives had been so negatively impacted due to their time in these schools.
A good place to work and learn from the ground up.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2013
My day was filled with multi-tasking from the time I started with Crawford. A typical day was claims intake and set up, typing daily correspondence, assisting clients, to processing the mail and courier.

I learned the claims process from the ground up by working at Crawford as well as being introduced to multiple software systems and being allowed to become proficient on each and every one of them.

My co-workers in all four branches were some of the nicest, friendliest, most helpful people you would ever meet. We would help train each other, be each other's back up. We made a good team.

The hardest part of the job was remembering all the protocols of each and every one of our clients, thank goodness we were provided with resources to help us with that.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was helping people when they needed us.
An interesting experience to develop, experience and pursue knoweldge.
Senior Claims Specialist (Adjuster)  (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario7 June 2013
- interesting,busy and fullfilling
- gained valuable knowledge
- reasonble
- very understanding
- demands on the employee
- meeting with external clients (lawyer, mediators, service provider.
Pros
emcompassing of different skills to provide excellent service
Cons
exceptionally time sensitive
Social activities are always planned to encourage integration: Table tennis tournaments, Golf tournaments, Halloween contests.. etc
IT Application support specialist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 May 2013
Excellent work environment, high level of professionalism and work ethic.
Productive and fun to work at.
Reception, Mailroom, Filing, Photo copying. (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 December 2012
I worked at Crawford & Company for the summer, it was only a summer job because I had school starting in September and it was full time all the way in Mississauga.
It was really productive, and a very fun place to work at. Most of the time it was very busy, but that's what I liked.
Pros
good lunches
Productive and fun work place with great atmosphere.
Office support for P&C and AB adjusters (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2012
I was a sussort for P&C and AB adjusters my everyday duties included assembly of various reports, letters,scanning, faxing,photocoying,filing,CMS entry like attaching scanned documents,docketing,reserves adjustment, monitoring new claim inbox. I also was a back up for the switchboard and mail room.
I was an english teacher in Poland so working there was a great new experience for me learned a lot especially all the office oriented tasks. Loved working among the people that were there the co-workers as well as the management.
The hardest part i think maybe was the monitoring of the new claim inbox. I liked everything about that job it gave me the ability to work independently as we as a team member