Crawford & Company

Crawford & Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Love this place
Data Entry (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: big company
I loved working for this company. My coworkers were a joy to work with.
Comparable work environment
Accounts Receivables Coordinator/Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2014
Busy throughout day
Monthend longer days
Good co workers
Advancement limited
It was fun working with Crawford & Company I made great people
Vehicle Services Dispatch for FredLoya (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 29, 2014
Pros: very flexible
Cons: not enough training and not enough pay
Working at Crawford & Company is challenging, everyone works very hard in order to get the job done, very demanding. But I had fun working there each day.
Overall good company to work for
Property and Casualty Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 18, 2014
In my time with Crawford, it was a decent place to work, most of the supervisors were kind and willing to help out. There were some that liked to be micro managers. I would say if you have a chance to work for this company go ahead but be understanding that you will deal with a lot of irate people cursing and screaming into the phone and it is an extremely – more... high stressful job. – less
Managing property and casualty claims
Insurance Assessor/Examiner, PROJECT OFFICER (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2014
Catastrophic and daily claims work. Managing property and casualty claims
Busy Professional Office
Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Melville, NYMarch 26, 2014
Pros: great company, learned about insurance, fast paced
Great Company to work for. Large office and busy working environment. Was hired as Administrative Assistant and 1 year later was promoted to Claims Adjuster.
Overall
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Ft. LauderdaleMarch 24, 2014
Very professional environment. A good coorporation to worked for and.
Fast Pace with lots of traveling
Outside Independent Property Adjuster III (Current Employee), Reading PAMarch 23, 2014
Pros: company car
Cons: long hours & 24 hour on call
Inspect property damage to both personal & commercial buildings. Work long hours continuously plus weekends sometimes. Work from home has an advantage to set your own hours. Co-workers are very friendly and outgoing. When we work Catastrophes the drive time can be very long at times which interferes with office time.
Normal workplace
Project Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2014
The environment was normal. The company experienced an outsourcing and adjustments were made to accommodate this change. After the outsourcing contract expired after 7 years, layoffs occurred.
Great management Team
Property Adjuster (Current Employee), Atlanta GaMarch 4, 2014
Pros: great work enviroment.
Cons: advirse weather
Scoped losses, and submitted for approval to management for their approval or for adjustments.
A nice TPA to work
Medical Only Adjuster (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: all the holiday parties
Cons: not enough time with crawford
Crawford and Co was where I was introduced to the Workers' Comp world and I could not have asked for a better place.
Exciting
Aviation Surveyor (Current Employee), London, ENGFebruary 12, 2014
Within the aviation insurance market I manage the Hull and Deductible insurance claims for fixed and rotor wing aircraft worldwide. Which includes aircraft damage survey, event causation investigation, repairs and monitoring of these repairs, recovery, policy coverage, cost control and adjustment.
A typical day
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2014
A typical day at work would be maintaining good client relations. Following with clients to see what if I need to provide them with invoices or back up documentation. Provide specialized billing to the client accounts that I manage. I also act as the office manager of my dept.
Lack of training
Business Systems Support Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2014
The hardest part of this company is the lack of documentation they offer in regards to training. I've had the opportunity to work for the company for a while now, and learned how many of the departments handle their day to day operations. I've also created my own training documentation for individuals who might need assistance regarding certain aspects – more... of the department I currently work for. – less
An excellant company to work for. A shame that the local office centralized to a different city.
Senior claims adjuster (Former Employee), Evansville, INJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: the most enjoyable part was the variety of cases and very interesting technical claims. co workers.
Cons: being at a accident scene with sub zero temps/ ice/snow. being on site at fatalities.
I started with Crawford & Company, an independent claims office, in September 1989 and left in March 2005 due to the fact that the office was down sizing. I was not in a position to relocate at that time.
My primary was as a multijurisdictional workers compensation adjuster ( Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky ) I handled a number of task assignments from – more... a number of insurance carries for claims that they were investigating or needed local eyes or hands on since they did not have a presence in the area. I handled several large poultry, meat packing, electronics companies as there sole adjuster handling the cases from beginning to end. I handled one large poultry producer with plants in Kentucky and Indiana for the 17 years I was with Crawford & Company. I handled Jones Act Claims and Federal Black Lung claims as well.
I also handled auto liability claims both as task assignments for insurance carriers and from start to finish for others. I handled a great number of cases over the years for common carriers that frequently needed an adjuster at the accident scene while the scene was still active.
The work day was varied. The management excellent. My co-workers friends. The hardest part of the job was to be on scene at some terrible tragedies ( multiple teen agers killed in a van / finding a decapitated infant at the site). The most enjoyable part was the variety of cases and very interesting technical claims. – less
Exciting and motivation work environment
Claim Adjuster (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 24, 2013
Pros: holidays off with the family, great medical benifits, great company morale.
Cons: the path to managment was slow and the pay was less then what i wanted for me and my family
A typical day began at 6:30 (I would always get to work 90 minutes before the work day started to ensure I could contact those workers that lived in a different time-zone and to get my phone messages up to date and payments off that had occured during the night hours). After that I was responsible for 200-300 claims from start to finish. This included – more... contacting the managers, physcians and claimee and deciding what benifits were alloted. This would also include going to the scene and photographing the incident to see if it would be covered...as well as attending court dates for those that did not agree with the decision on their claim. The co-workers were excpetional and there was a postive and supportive atmosphere in the office. However my desire for upper managment was slow in this postion and this is one of the reasons for my decision to joing the Navy as a Commisioned Officer. – less
Challenging fast paced claims environment
Field Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Glastonbury, CTNovember 27, 2013
Pros: working independently
Cons: too much work to complete in one day
Typical day involves setting up new claim investigations, completing reports due, field investigating of claims, data entry of investigation results.

Team leader guides efforts and support comes from both management and co workers.

Keeping diaries current is the most challenging part of the job.

The best part of the job is that you schedule and complete – more... your work yourself both inside the office and outside in the field. – less
Workers Compensation
Workers Compensation Adjuster (Former Employee), St. Louis, MissouriNovember 19, 2013
Worked with individuals that were hurt on the job. Took statements, and reported back to the insurance company. Ensured timely worker's compensation payments to the individuals.
Great company
Claims Assistant/Billing (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLOctober 11, 2013
Exceptional company to start a career in the claims industry. I was able to learn a great about the claims process and all the managers I worked for were very knowledgeable and friendly.
Good Company
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: flexible work hours, average amount time for lunch
Cons: low salary
I was first sent here through a temp agency and then was hired permanently.

After working for this group for about four months I was asked to come on board permanently, and I did so gladly as I enjoyed the work that I was doing, and enjoyed the people that I was with.

In a typical day I was asked to place calls out individuals and organizations in – more... regards to many different aspects. One area in which I would place calls was to see if an individual was honoring his workman's comp claim, or to see if he needed any further assistance. – less

About Crawford & Company

Crawford & Company is an international insurance services firm providing claims adjustment and risk management services to insurers – Read more