Crawford & Company Employee Reviews

Not how well you do, but who you know!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 November 2016
Your job security all depends on who you know. They underappreciate the employees. Long time loyal employees are made to feel disposable if they voice any unfairness. The former CEO showed more appreciation for employees. The present seems more concerned with proving himself at the expense of the employees happiness...puts money above anything else.
Cons
Nepotism
high volume expectations
Invoicing & Billing Compliance (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 November 2016
Having to respond to messages at all hours can be an issue, as no rotating schedule was available for call centre employees; employees from other departments had to pick up slack as well.
Good, professional company
Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 January 2017
Good place to learn. helpful staff, professional organization, lot of opportunities to learn but unfortunately open positions are not available due to hiring freeze.
na
Auto PD Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2017
its good company to work there and gain experience and deal with customers

the co workers are amazing
management is good
Crawford Review
Supervisor of Collections (Current Employee) –  KW8 October 2015
Crawford & Company provided me with an environment to grow as a supervisor. To take the knowledge in my field and put it into practice. Crawford also provided me with a work life balance. Providing me with a schedule that met both of our needs.

I had a great team to support me, and an excellent management team. The other teams I worked with had great supervisors as well, who where not only great at their jobs but willing to help me get up to speed as the newest supervisor to the team.
Pros
Great Work Life Balancce
Nice place to work, but they screw you over.
CSR / Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON31 March 2016
Both my signifigant other and I have worked at crawford, I was a CSR - dispatch and my other half is a telephone adjuster. I got hired on, and had to take 2 weeks for training (i had to pay a babysitter due to my kids not being in school) Right when my training was over, my first day by myself there was absolutely nobody i could go to if there was a problem. I was told i'd be working 6 hours a night, when in reality id be there for maybe 1.5-3 hours..... 5 days later I was fired because I "made too many mistakes" nobody told me about these "mistakes" i was making or even told me how to correct them. My other half has been working there since his Co-Op they had him as a contract worker, a co-worker passed away and he took over her position (still contract, refused to make him a salary worker) He applied every time there was a opening salary position, but they kept turning him down. Now AVIVA has pulled out all their business at his office and they are laying everyone off. Now Both my SO and I are jobless and are scrambling to find new work so we dont end up on the streets. I am very disappointed in how they have treated him.
Pros
Second day of working i got free lunch.
Cons
training isnt as thorough as it should be.
Horrible Management
CSR Administration & Intake (Former Employee) –  Waterloo15 July 2015
I would never recommend Crawford & Company as a place of employment. They treat their employees unfairly and fail to follow through with promises of advancement. I worked there for a year and had to get out of their before I lost my mind. Management (especially the new Manager) have no idea what they are doing. They are sending their departments overseas yet still hiring new ppl just to string them along, its horrible. The previous reviews talking about how good Crawford is seems a bit sketchy. I can only assume that they are either part of management or new employees. The Waterloo branch has the worst turn around for New Hires vs Employee's quitting. They can't seem to keep an employee longer then a year and a half. A job should not have so much stress for such little pay. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY
Pros
okay start time wage
Cons
Horrible management, bad hours, empty promises
Underpaid, over worked
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON30 September 2014
Underpaid, over worked. Don't expect a raise, but expect to be piled with work. Initial training was very elaborate, but further training on higher client lines was minimal (read it by yourself). Schedule preferences are not to your preferences, but theirs, so if you have prior engagements expect a fight. Management is not well trained; Team Leaders do not give sound advice. Additionally, there is a high turn over rate and the office is usually understaffed, which means there is more work. When busy, breaks are not allowed
Pros
Great people
Cons
Poor management and pay; over worked
Good place to work. Staff is very nice to get along with and very accommidating
Office Administrator (Auto Appraisal Division) (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, Ontario22 July 2014
I enjoy working. Any job that was given to me I did to the best of my ability. I was trained very well. There was times that the job was very demanding but you just put your mind to it and it all works out. I have great supervisors and Management. They were willing to challenge me in my job and I never let them down.
Pros
lots of new things to learn and always given the chance to try
Cons
no benefits as I was contract
Good job, no security
Claims Care Agent (Former Employee) –  180 King St. East7 April 2014
The job overall was moderately fun and not difficult at all. I was really looking forward to working in the position for awhile.

However as soon as I completed my training I was let go (after countless good reviews during training, passing all my courses and great reviews while on the phone) because I filled out my schedule preference sheet to my preferences instead of what they wanted.

The company has a reputation of firing people for the silliest of reasons and I was a victim of it.
Pros
Easy job, good pay
Cons
Management does not care about you
A good job
Agent of the administrator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON14 January 2014
A typical day at Crawford included speaking with clients and answering their inquiries. I was also assigned to retrieve voicemails and return their call. Some clients were rather difficult due to their claim being at a standstill. I learned a lot about the Residential School Settlement, what defines a class action and how it works. The most enjoyable part of the job was speaking with our clients and hearing their stories. Although some stories were quite disturbing, it was encouraging to hear about them overcoming their unfortunate situations. Unfortunately, not everyone had a positive conclusion to their stories and it was very difficult to hear how their lives had been so negatively impacted due to their time in these schools.
Excellent Employer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crawford & Company24 March 2014
I worked at Crawford for 17 years first in the Healthcare Division, then the Adjusters division when Healthcare in Niagara closed. When we were busy it was a great atmosphere to work in and great people with varying personalities. When we lost a big contract, the office began to slow down which unfortunately led to layoffs. I have no ill feelings towards the company.
Pros
Great employer
Cons
Being laid off
Productive and fun work place with great atmosphere.
Office support for P&C and AB adjusters (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2012
I was a sussort for P&C and AB adjusters my everyday duties included assembly of various reports, letters,scanning, faxing,photocoying,filing,CMS entry like attaching scanned documents,docketing,reserves adjustment, monitoring new claim inbox. I also was a back up for the switchboard and mail room.
I was an english teacher in Poland so working there was a great new experience for me learned a lot especially all the office oriented tasks. Loved working among the people that were there the co-workers as well as the management.
The hardest part i think maybe was the monitoring of the new claim inbox. I liked everything about that job it gave me the ability to work independently as we as a team member
An interesting experience to develop, experience and pursue knoweldge.
Senior Claims Specialist (Adjuster)  (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario7 June 2013
- interesting,busy and fullfilling
- gained valuable knowledge
- reasonble
- very understanding
- demands on the employee
- meeting with external clients (lawyer, mediators, service provider.
Pros
emcompassing of different skills to provide excellent service
Cons
exceptionally time sensitive
A good place to work and learn from the ground up.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2013
My day was filled with multi-tasking from the time I started with Crawford. A typical day was claims intake and set up, typing daily correspondence, assisting clients, to processing the mail and courier.

I learned the claims process from the ground up by working at Crawford as well as being introduced to multiple software systems and being allowed to become proficient on each and every one of them.

My co-workers in all four branches were some of the nicest, friendliest, most helpful people you would ever meet. We would help train each other, be each other's back up. We made a good team.

The hardest part of the job was remembering all the protocols of each and every one of our clients, thank goodness we were provided with resources to help us with that.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was helping people when they needed us.
Productive and fun to work at.
Reception, Mailroom, Filing, Photo copying. (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 December 2012
I worked at Crawford & Company for the summer, it was only a summer job because I had school starting in September and it was full time all the way in Mississauga.
It was really productive, and a very fun place to work at. Most of the time it was very busy, but that's what I liked.
Pros
good lunches
ok
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2015
Crawford is an okay company to work for. I have learned many different things at crawford, from Auto Insurance and WSIB Return to work processes. my co-workers are ok except for a few. some of the management team is good but there is to much turn over at crawford.
claims adjuster
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 March 2014
-handle claims
-learned how to handle different claims and deal with different types of people
-management is okay
-having to face work overload
-co-workers
Pros
people
Cons
expectations of overtime without pay, excessive work demands
Social activities are always planned to encourage integration: Table tennis tournaments, Golf tournaments, Halloween contests.. etc
IT Application support specialist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 May 2013
Excellent work environment, high level of professionalism and work ethic.
Great Co-Workers, Slow to Change
Bilingual Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 July 2014
I got along well with everyone, but process improvement is not front and centre for my division.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Slow to Change, Not very Open to Feedback

Crawford & Company Reviews by Location