Crawford & Company Employee Reviews

Good place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON31 August 2017
Good people, management is okay. Positive work environment. Not much room for lateral movement. Good hours,good benefits. Paid vacation and sick days are given. A bonus is given to some departments in March. Computer skills are necessarily. Use excel frequently
Pros
hours
Cons
lack of training
Good company
Property & Casualty Unit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2017
Good growth opportunities for a large company., Lots of resources and opportunities available. This employer is interested in technology and being on the leading edge of claims service.
Professional environment
Claims Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 June 2017
Not a large call center but high call volume at peak times.
Friendly work environment helped by a caring management team.
Training and great quality control will help you to succeed.
Worst Place I have Ever Worked at in my 10 years
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 May 2017
I was over worked, paid little, the management treated me horribly. There is no room for growth unless you suck up to managers. Horrible environment. The management have a dictatorship style. There is so much favouritism, racism and sexist views. If you are not the "chosen one" you will not be able to grow. I have never worked in a company with such a horrible atmosphere. Every one is over worked and there are no incentives.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, pay is low, favouritism, management is horrible
Can't request what you can't do yourself
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 April 2017
I experimented the worst period of my career working there.
Great politics about how the front line should be. Top ethical.
The management don't apply anything near ethical.
I witness good people being lay off with no raisons. VP Québec requesting the other adjusters to gather all negative things about the employee about to be lay off.
They debated many labor dispute and always cash out to avoid being exposed.
Thanks to this kind of site truth can talk.
You want to scrap a few years of career? Crawford Canada is the best place to be!
Pros
Cons
it is like working in a circus but with a suit.
Do not go to work for this company.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 February 2017
This company is horrible. If you go in for an interview, it will sound like an absolutely great place to work. Within a month of being here, you'll start to notice all the problems.

Very slow to provide any job development or advancement opportunities. They have an educational reimbursement program to aid in getting qualified to advance yourself in your career. However, the company is so cheap that managers won't approve of you using it because it will affect their quarterly or annual budgets.

Management itself is completely disorganized. They don't really do anything, yet step in from time to time to make sweeping changes to processes that are not problematic so they can make the appearance that they are doing something. My manager specifically only comes to work for 2 hours per day, states he needs to leave for client meetings and sales calls. In the 3 years he has been here, we have yet to sign new clients and have lost 3 clients. So not sure what meetings he is going to, but he's definitely not effective in his job.

Your salary will be stagnant for at least 3 years. Management will constantly dangle the carrot of a raise in front of you to get you to work harder, but will never follow through on actually providing a raise or even discussing it with you.

The only reason I would recommend working here is if you have a more successful spouse to rely on for income and just need this job for a little extra cash to contribute to the household, this place will do. You'll have no issue with literally just leaving this place at the end of the day.

Also,
  more... to give them credit, they do have a great benefits program.  less
Pros
Benefit program - that's about it.
Cons
There is nothing good to say about this company. The whole organization is one big con.
Amazing and supportive work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON27 February 2017
The insurance field is definitely not for everyone, however, I feel that in this environment it is definitely worth a try! There is no shortage of people willing to help out, and they have a really informative training program as well. They train people to keep them, and advancing in this company is extremely easy. In fact, one of the team leaders that I befriended and got to know had been with the company for only about 6 months before his promotion! I honestly can't think of anything negative considering the relaxed environment and plethora of pizza days when the call center gets busy. Very motivational.
Cons
Sitting at a computer all day could be seen as negative I guess?
na
Auto PD Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2017
its good company to work there and gain experience and deal with customers

the co workers are amazing
management is good
Very busy work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB10 January 2017
Very poor Manager, rude, judgmental, belittling, adjusters are spoiled brats. Work your butt off just to be made to feel as though you don't matter. Had an emergency phone call and was yelled at for being on the phone for personal reasons. Truly the worst job I have ever had.
Pros
Administrator's are nice
Cons
Belittled and poor management
Good, professional company
Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 January 2017
Good place to learn. helpful staff, professional organization, lot of opportunities to learn but unfortunately open positions are not available due to hiring freeze.
Not how well you do, but who you know!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 November 2016
Your job security all depends on who you know. They underappreciate the employees. Long time loyal employees are made to feel disposable if they voice any unfairness. The former CEO showed more appreciation for employees. The present seems more concerned with proving himself at the expense of the employees happiness...puts money above anything else.
Cons
Nepotism
high volume expectations
Invoicing & Billing Compliance (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 November 2016
Having to respond to messages at all hours can be an issue, as no rotating schedule was available for call centre employees; employees from other departments had to pick up slack as well.
Nice place to work, but they screw you over.
CSR / Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON31 March 2016
Both my signifigant other and I have worked at crawford, I was a CSR - dispatch and my other half is a telephone adjuster. I got hired on, and had to take 2 weeks for training (i had to pay a babysitter due to my kids not being in school) Right when my training was over, my first day by myself there was absolutely nobody i could go to if there was a problem. I was told i'd be working 6 hours a night, when in reality id be there for maybe 1.5-3 hours..... 5 days later I was fired because I "made too many mistakes" nobody told me about these "mistakes" i was making or even told me how to correct them. My other half has been working there since his Co-Op they had him as a contract worker, a co-worker passed away and he took over her position (still contract, refused to make him a salary worker) He applied every time there was a opening salary position, but they kept turning him down. Now AVIVA has pulled out all their business at his office and they are laying everyone off. Now Both my SO and I are jobless and are scrambling to find new work so we dont end up on the streets. I am very disappointed in how they have treated him.
Pros
Second day of working i got free lunch.
Cons
training isnt as thorough as it should be.
Crawford Review
Supervisor of Collections (Current Employee) –  KW8 October 2015
Crawford & Company provided me with an environment to grow as a supervisor. To take the knowledge in my field and put it into practice. Crawford also provided me with a work life balance. Providing me with a schedule that met both of our needs.

I had a great team to support me, and an excellent management team. The other teams I worked with had great supervisors as well, who where not only great at their jobs but willing to help me get up to speed as the newest supervisor to the team.
Pros
Great Work Life Balancce
Horrible Management
CSR Administration & Intake (Former Employee) –  Waterloo15 July 2015
I would never recommend Crawford & Company as a place of employment. They treat their employees unfairly and fail to follow through with promises of advancement. I worked there for a year and had to get out of their before I lost my mind. Management (especially the new Manager) have no idea what they are doing. They are sending their departments overseas yet still hiring new ppl just to string them along, its horrible. The previous reviews talking about how good Crawford is seems a bit sketchy. I can only assume that they are either part of management or new employees. The Waterloo branch has the worst turn around for New Hires vs Employee's quitting. They can't seem to keep an employee longer then a year and a half. A job should not have so much stress for such little pay. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY
Pros
okay start time wage
Cons
Horrible management, bad hours, empty promises
ok
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2015
Crawford is an okay company to work for. I have learned many different things at crawford, from Auto Insurance and WSIB Return to work processes. my co-workers are ok except for a few. some of the management team is good but there is to much turn over at crawford.
Underpaid, over worked
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON30 September 2014
Underpaid, over worked. Don't expect a raise, but expect to be piled with work. Initial training was very elaborate, but further training on higher client lines was minimal (read it by yourself). Schedule preferences are not to your preferences, but theirs, so if you have prior engagements expect a fight. Management is not well trained; Team Leaders do not give sound advice. Additionally, there is a high turn over rate and the office is usually understaffed, which means there is more work. When busy, breaks are not allowed
Pros
Great people
Cons
Poor management and pay; over worked
Good place to work. Staff is very nice to get along with and very accommidating
Office Administrator (Auto Appraisal Division) (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, Ontario22 July 2014
I enjoy working. Any job that was given to me I did to the best of my ability. I was trained very well. There was times that the job was very demanding but you just put your mind to it and it all works out. I have great supervisors and Management. They were willing to challenge me in my job and I never let them down.
Pros
lots of new things to learn and always given the chance to try
Cons
no benefits as I was contract
Great Co-Workers, Slow to Change
Bilingual Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 July 2014
I got along well with everyone, but process improvement is not front and centre for my division.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Slow to Change, Not very Open to Feedback
Good job, no security
Claims Care Agent (Former Employee) –  180 King St. East7 April 2014
The job overall was moderately fun and not difficult at all. I was really looking forward to working in the position for awhile.

However as soon as I completed my training I was let go (after countless good reviews during training, passing all my courses and great reviews while on the phone) because I filled out my schedule preference sheet to my preferences instead of what they wanted.

The company has a reputation of firing people for the silliest of reasons and I was a victim of it.
Pros
Easy job, good pay
Cons
Management does not care about you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crawford & Company. Our community is ready to answer.