Crate and Barrel

Crate and Barrel Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Wonderful people, great product
Sales associate / Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 10, 2014
It is easy to work for a company that sells good quality products for a fair price and is willing to teach you about anything.
Not enough
stock associate (Former Employee), Robson street VancouverJuly 21, 2014
Pros: flexible schedulle
Cons: wage
My previous jobs were as the name said just jobs, now I want to have a career here in Vancouver BC. I studied Electromechanical engineering in Portugal and I need an accreditation to work in my field here. But first I want to get inside the industry and then study at the same time that I'm working.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 27, 2013
I loved CB2. It was a great company to work with and the management and staff are great.
I have always worked with clothing retail so I found it a great and exciting challenge to work in a store with fashion forward furniture and concept. I learnt a new way of customer service approach where you deal with the clientele on a one to one basis. It's more – more... personal and sometimes you end up having an on going retail relationship with them because they come back and ask for you. I got to deal with designers, interior designers and the movie industry which was a whole other ballgame compared to working with personal buying for your home.
The hardest part of the job was honestly when it slowed down and there wasn't much to do and I like it to be busy and always have something to do. I found it hard sometimes to deal with a customer that has experienced an unsuccessful delivery (the service provided to them) or the furniture it self was not satisfying in quality and so forth because you get blamed for everything but we had a great management team that would guide us through it or take over to fix the problem at hand.

I loved the staff and that made working there enjoyable and easy. we all helped each other out instead of working against each other. We have a shared commission instead of individual so it was important that everyone pulled their weight. – less
Great customer and wonderful product
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: great staff discount
Cons: poor salary and management
Meeting the great customers that come in to Crate and Barrel and working with some fantastic Furniture and Housewares product makes working at Crate and Barrel an interesting opportunity. Working as a part of the Merchandising team requires you to be fit because it is a lot of physical work but overall very rewarding. Most of the Housewares Sales staff – more... are wonderful. The Management team is weak and some of the Commission Sales staff are unjustifiably unpleasant. – less
Great exposure to home design sales
Department Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 21, 2013
Pros: discount, most people, the company itself
Cons: sales pressure
The highlights for me were the part/full time sales staff - they were truly awesome coworkers, the discount (40% if I remember correctly) and being able to have your own little "home" of a department for a little while.

Even though you are still responsible for the sales throughout the entire store, it was still nice to know that your little oasis – more... was your biggest feat - and it was fun to maintain!

The only things I could say that is a con; sales pressure can be immense (but that's in any management job in retail) and unfortunately not everyone you work with will you see 'eye to eye' with. – less
Fun place to work, great co-workers!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kittery, MESeptember 7, 2014
Pros: fun product, great co-workers
Cons: occasional unreasonable customers
As an outlet sales associate we did a little bit of everything from working the sales floor and solving customer service issues to stocking product. Working here I've learned a lot about the products that are offered at Crate & Barrel as well as how outlet retail functions. The manager are were always fair and cared about the associates and always listened – more... to concerns and were happy to help. My co-workers were wonderful and were always happy to help and support each other in order to work as a team. The hardest part of the job was being on my feet all day and the frustration of trying to find certain products that were supposedly in stock as well as trying to explain outlet pricing to customers. The most enjoyable part was being able to help customers find really great products that would work well for them. – less
Best retail job I have ever had.
Merchandising Associate (Current Employee), Leawood, KSAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great culture, fun environment, decent pay for part-time, long lunches
Cons: can be physically demanding, customers can be a hassle
This was the perfect part-time job to have during my final years of College. The culture of the Crate and Barrel was my favorite part. They cultivated a positive, fun environment without it feeling too forced, as well as encouraging friendship and interaction between co-workers. The job can be very hectic and physically demanding but wasn't anything – more... that any other retail outlet demands. The managers worked very will with my changes in schedule due to school and other obligations and were very understanding of emergencies. I have gained some great friends and memories from this job experience and I recommend Crate and Barrel to anyone needing some part-time work to get them through college or the holiday season. – less
Easy Job Not great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 19, 2014
Pros: $10.00, easy
Cons: management, hours, sometimes coworkers
If you are looking at Sales you will you only be part time. There are no full time Sales or Merchandizing that they are hiring for ever! They will work long hours, 8hrs, they tend to be boring and just exhausting.
You learn the basic of registrar, ordering,back orders and lots LOTS of product knowledge. If you are lucky, you will learn some thing along – more... the way like the back room or back order. They do not like Sales team in the back at all! You more then likely get in some kind of trouble.
Management... like many places you got your good ones and just terrible ones. For the sales, they show you who their favorites are!!! Half the time. I just wanted to do my job and not be bothered by them. If you need help they are their for you just like everyone else is. Something on registrar have to be approved my a manager and they can take a while to come get to you. Often times leaving you and the customer annoyed with the wait time. I did not fill welcomed by them if i had to share a problem or concerns. They just email each (other management) other and share with the problem that someone shared with them in confident. Often times, They keep quite and look the other way. Just so they do not get involved.
Co-workers, they know how to work around the system and the so called "favorites ones" will take advantage of it. Often leaving the floor and returning just to be seen on occasion for their whole shift. They have lazy-er employees just like everywhere but you know who they are here and so does management.
Parking here (Houston) is just a mess! Not worth standing on your feet for hours and walking 5 miles to get to your car. Unless you catch the bus, if you are lucky!

CEO is no longer apart of the company! That's saying something! – less
Productive and great people to work with
Lumper (Former Employee), Tracy, CAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: close to home, good working environment
Cons: n/a
Crate and Barrel was a excellent place to work. My co-workers were all really down to earth good people. Can't really complain. Time did fly during work
The people you work with makes the environment a great atmosphere.
Merchandise Team (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 15, 2014
The people, the product is what makes Crate & Barrel a fun and joyful place of work.
Productive and amazing work environment
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2014
Pros: good breaks, parties for birthdays
Cons: nowhere to eat around the area
Truly a well company in retail. Learned a lot about business retail and back of the house.
Very friendly place to work
cashier/ stocker (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 16, 2014
The managers and co workers are very friendly, The training was great, they taught me everything I need to know about the job.
Great people to work with, energetic enviornment
Sales Team Lead Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 15, 2014
I have engaged with people who truly love what they do. Coming to work is exciting and speaking with customers daily excites me.
Managing people can be tough but I have learned so many wonderful life long experiences. My co workers(managers) are always working hard and putting in the extra effort to ensure customer satisfaction.
Walking in to a place – more... where people greet you with a sincere and warm welcome makes my job most enjoyable. – less
Receiving Associate/Stock Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: you get to sample different and rate them including food
Cons: some customers can be a little rude.
busy but the managers made it a fun work enviornment.
freebies were fun to get.
co-workers were fun and very helpful
opening a new store can be really exciting
Busy place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great discount
Cons: shorts breaks
I love there jeans. You get alot of customers on a daily basic. You get to new and EXCITING people.
A fun work place, great energy.
Merchandising / Stock room associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 2, 2014
Everyone there was welcoming and helpful. They took time in teaching and helping me with answering stock checks, and some data entry for customer delivery and pick up.
Enjoyable housewares store with beautiful merchandise.
Night Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 9, 2014
Pros: generous discount on the merchandise
Cons: part time position
I learned a great deal about housewares items from knifes to linens and assisted in managerial duties if any customer service issues arose and supervised other employees.
great
Part-Time Merchandising/Stock Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 8, 2014
A typical work day was very busy but with a great communications system it made it easy and smooth to serve the customers. I learned just about everything needed to work on the job efficiently and safely. The management was very friendly and helpful with the employees and co-workers. Also the co-workers make the hours go by quickly with an up beat positive – more... attitude. The hardest part of the job for me was constantly going up and down a ladder, only because I have had a few knee surgeries. The most enjoyable part of my job was the fellowship with my co-workers and helping the customers as best as possible. Management also puts together great events for their employees, such as parties and potlucks. – less
it was great
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2014
Interesting place to work with great people in a grew environment
Awesome company, a lot of fun, all in all a great experience.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Tracy, CAMay 25, 2014
Working for Crate & Barrel was a great experience, I had ran a sit-down fork lift before but after working at Crate and Barrel I am now well seasoned on stand-up fork lifts as well. Great company overall with true state of the art equipment. I just wish I could have been brought on as a permanent Crate & Barrel employee, but being hired on through Corner – more... Stone Staffing Solutions temp agency there was no full time positions available at the time I was employed which is why my assignment ended sooner than I would have liked it to. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Crate and Barrel

Working directly with European ateliers and factories to import their products, Crate and Barrel was among the first retailers – Read more

Crate and Barrel Photos