Crate and Barrel

Crate and Barrel Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place
Sales Expert (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 22, 2015
I enjoyed living and working with Crate family for more than a year. Good people and vibe, amazing company to work for with a great culture.
Fun work place
Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary AbMay 6, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: Messy work place
When I first came in I would grab my headset then start unloading the merchandise from the truck while I was unloading people would call up for items so I would locate the item and bring it down to the customer. I learned categorization skills. management was good, never really talked to them. the hardest part of the job was making sure that I put the right item in the right spot. most enjoyable part is when I was working there a lot of my friends were also so I would always have at least one person to go on break with.
Part-time Seasonal Staff (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Friendly enviornment
Cons: More team work effort required
There is always something to do at crate and barrel. The co-workers there are lovely and always eager to help. The only con I would have to say would be there would need to be more team work required. Some people are left doing more work than others.
LOVED IT!
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 12, 2014
Pros: lunches, pay, co workers
Cons: busy
Best Retail sales job ive had in a long time the environment was inspirational. the teamwork was fantastic. Overall I LOVED WORKING THERE.
Wonderful people, great product
Sales associate / Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 10, 2014
It is easy to work for a company that sells good quality products for a fair price and is willing to teach you about anything.
Not enough
stock associate (Former Employee), Robson street VancouverJuly 21, 2014
Pros: flexible schedulle
Cons: wage
My previous jobs were as the name said just jobs, now I want to have a career here in Vancouver BC. I studied Electromechanical engineering in Portugal and I need an accreditation to work in my field here. But first I want to get inside the industry and then study at the same time that I'm working.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 27, 2013
I loved CB2. It was a great company to work with and the management and staff are great.
I have always worked with clothing retail so I found it a great and exciting challenge to work in a store with fashion forward furniture and concept. I learnt a new way of customer service approach where you deal with the clientele on a one to one basis. It's more personal and sometimes you end up having an on going retail relationship with them because they come back and ask for you. I got to deal with designers, interior designers and the movie industry which was a whole other ballgame compared to working with personal buying for your home.
The hardest part of the job was honestly when it slowed down and there wasn't much to do and I like it to be busy and always have something to do. I found it hard sometimes to deal with a customer that has experienced an unsuccessful delivery (the service provided to them) or the furniture it self was not satisfying in quality and so forth because you get blamed for everything but we had a great management team that would guide us through it or take over to fix the problem at hand.

I loved the staff and that made working there enjoyable and easy. we all helped each other out instead of working against each other. We have a shared commission instead of individual so it was important that everyone pulled their weight.
Great customer and wonderful product
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: great staff discount
Cons: poor salary and management
Meeting the great customers that come in to Crate and Barrel and working with some fantastic Furniture and Housewares product makes working at Crate and Barrel an interesting opportunity. Working as a part of the Merchandising team requires you to be fit because it is a lot of physical work but overall very rewarding. Most of the Housewares Sales staff are wonderful. The Management team is weak and some of the Commission Sales staff are unjustifiably unpleasant.
Great exposure to home design sales
Department Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 21, 2013
Pros: discount, most people, the company itself
Cons: sales pressure
The highlights for me were the part/full time sales staff - they were truly awesome coworkers, the discount (40% if I remember correctly) and being able to have your own little "home" of a department for a little while.

Even though you are still responsible for the sales throughout the entire store, it was still nice to know that your little oasis was your biggest feat - and it was fun to maintain!

The only things I could say that is a con; sales pressure can be immense (but that's in any management job in retail) and unfortunately not everyone you work with will you see 'eye to eye' with.
Une journée de camions
Commis de marchandisage (Current Employee), Laval, QCJune 5, 2015
Pros: souvent des événements avec repas gratuits
Cons: travail sur de longues heures (peut marcher jusqu'à 20 km par jour)
Deux fois par semaine des camions provenant des États-Unis, viennent déchargés de la marchandises afin de remplir l'inventaire du magasin.
Ainsi, cela consiste à identifié tous les articles avec leur SKU et se référer au rapport qui nous indique le nombre d'articles que nous devons déposer sur le plancher des ventes, le nombre d'articles que nous devons déposer pour les commandes en souffrance, ainsi que le nombre d'articles allant dans l'entrepôt.
Mon travail à moi est de prendre en charge les articles qui vont sur le plancher des ventes, et de trouver leurs maisons. Dans la majorité des cas, l'article à été remplacé par un autre puisque nous n'avions pu celui-ci en réserve.
Par la suite, je me charge d'étiqueté tous les articles que j'ai positionné pour que les prix soient visibles facilement pour les clients.

About Crate and Barrel

Working directly with European ateliers and factories to import their products, Crate and Barrel was among the first retailers – Read more

Crate and Barrel Photos