Crane Supply Employee Reviews

Below average
DZ Driver (Former Employee) –  Ontario13 August 2017
Good Company to work for, salary and benefits are wonderful. Management needs to improve on building a good work environment instead of cost control only. Advancement opportunities are only for people who know the managers well. Not a place to work for a longer time.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Work timings
yes its was working with them
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 July 2017
I do not have much to say about crane its was fast and nice working with the team I was hire by an agency not directly from crane team management I wish I had much to say about them.
Cons
Great place to work, no problems.
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 May 2017
Started work @ 5am, fast paced and usually 10 hrs. Management and staff made it safe and enjoyable. Receiving and warehouse work enhanced my delivery job.
Great bonding with all the co-workers managers, supervisor and sales representative.
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 February 2016
I start working at this company with zero experience in warehouse associate. And zero knowledge of the products we sell. In just a few months started to learn things like the products and how the company works. And now i learned pretty much everything from picking orders to shipping packed orders and work as a receiver too.

It is fun to work here because there is only few of us and have a great bonding we got 4 sales representative including 1 outside sale. 2 managers, 1 supervisor and 3 of us working as a warehouse associate.

the hardest part is when i just started. and start how the business works.

I enjoyed working here because i feel that they trust my ability to learn things that i need to be learned.
great place
Shipper / Receiver - Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL13 February 2016
Can't speak for any other location..but you can't beat the Corner Brook , NL location! Good support team. Lots of fun but super professional.
good place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 February 2016
how to oper a crane get along with other in the work place and learn where to go in the city how to load truck and drive tow motor
Hard work with well deserved pay and team environment
Machine Operator/Union Steward (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON17 January 2016
I would recommend Crane Supply to anyone seeking full-time experience. The management team is driven to push you to the pinnacle of your abilities to work productively and efficiently. With the help of the union present in the workplace there is always over-time, room for advancement and growing salaries across the board. Though some of the work may be back-breaking at times, your fellow union members are always around for support and help. Your typical day at work may be a number of things as Crane prides themselves in the versatility of their employees, which I can personally attest to.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
Must build seniority
Too many bosses not enough workers
Warehouse Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Timmins, ON18 November 2015
I have enjoyed and appreciate my time with Crane for 30 years. Work 6 to 3 5 days a week asked for those hours because I'm alone and work more efficiently. I held the warehouse alone for 20 years. Im looking for something new and an increase in pay.
Pros
5 weeks holidays
Cons
too many bosses
full time position
Data Operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 November 2014
Being a Data Operator for Crane supply was pretty interesting ...having to work with different part of bathroom fixture was amazing. learned a lot with this company and very friendly.
Pros
learning new thing
Cons
man working enviromment
Good team
material handler (Current Employee) –  vaughan25 February 2014
Fun place to work most days i would Load and unload steel pipe.
Pros
paid dinner for overtime
Good, solid company
GENERAL MANAGER - WESTERN CANADA (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2013
Excellent company, great people and great culture. One of the leader in wholesale/distribution of Pipe, Valves and Fittings (PVF) to the industrial and mechanical contractor's market. Well managed company that has been in business for over 150 years. Most difficult part of the job is to sell against wholesale giants such as Wolseley or Emco. Best part of the job is to work with best people in the industry
This was a good first job out of high school
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  hamilton, on4 May 2013
It was a typical job back then, started at 8am finished at 4pm. I learned all relevant procedures for the claim department. People were nice and encouraging. The best part of the job were the people and the hardest part of the job was telling the clients that they did not qualify for the credit they were applying for.
Great experience