CRANE CO. BACKGROUND
Crane Co. is a diversified manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products. Founded in 1855, Crane provides products and solutions to customers in the aerospace, electronics, hydrocarbon processing, petrochemical, chemical, power generation, automated merchandising, transportation and other markets. The Company has five business segments: Aerospace & Electronics, Fluid Handling, Engineered Materials, Merchandising Systems and Controls. Crane has approximately 11,000 employees in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Crane Co. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CR).
CRANE PAYMENT SOLUTIONS SUMMARY
Crane Payment Solutions is a business group within the Crane Merchandising Systems division under Crane Co.
Crane Payment Solutions delivers a full suite of automated money handling systems, including bill and coin validators, bill and coin recyclers, and coin dispensing equipment aimed at the gaming, amusement, retail, self-service, transportation and vending markets. Crane Payment Solutions now offers the widest range of components for integrated payment systems available today. Crane Payment Solutions is a global business with engineering and manufacturing sites in Toronto, Canada, Salem, NH, US, Buxtehude, Germany, and Manchester, England. Additional engineering site is located in Kiev, Ukraine. The business has customers in all geographic regions with sales generated primarily through a global direct sales force
The role of Software Developer is to maintain and upgrade existing applications, act as the member of IT team in implementing strategic and tactical multiple projects.
- Maintaining and expanding existing applications
- Delivering clear and maintainable codes
- Analyzing user/functional requirements; identifying options for meeting those requirements and recommending the appropriate course of actions and solutions
- Designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining application modules
- Debugging software programs and procedures
- Identifying and resolving application problems before they impact business units.
- Ensuring timely and accurate updates, upgrading and fixing while maintaining maximum on-line availability of the applications
- Effectively managing time in executing assigned tasks across multiple projects
- Perform other related assignments
- At least three years of proven programming experience
- Deep understanding of OOD principles
- Web development experience with Unix or Windows based environments including at least one of
- ADO.NET, ASP.NET, MS SQL server, IIS or
- PHP, MySql, Apache Server
- Experience working with SQL, in database development
- Quality code development skills, effective usage of programming language structures, following coding standards and best practices
Other nice to have skills
- Experience working with ERP-systems
- Exposure to Navision or Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Skills in XML related technologies;
- Exposure to Unix administration Knowledge of the Russian Language is an asset
Crane Payment Solutions delivers a full suite of automated money handling systems, including bill and coin validators, bill and coin...