CRANE CO. BACKGROUND
Crane Co. is a diversified manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products. Founded in 1855, Crane provides products and solutions to customers in the aerospace, electronics, hydrocarbon processing, petrochemical, chemical, power generation, automated merchandising, transportation and other markets. The Company has five business segments: Aerospace & Electronics, Fluid Handling, Engineered Materials, Merchandising Systems and Controls. Crane has approximately 11,000 employees in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Crane Co. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CR).
CRANE PAYMENT SOLUTIONS SUMMARY
Crane Payment Solutions is a business group within the Crane Merchandising Systems division under Crane Co.
Crane Payment Solutions delivers a full suite of automated money handling systems, including bill and coin validators, bill and coin recyclers, and coin dispensing equipment aimed at the gaming, amusement, retail, self-service, transportation and vending markets. Crane Payment Solutions now offers the widest range of components for integrated payment systems available today. Crane Payment Solutions is a global business with engineering and manufacturing sites in Toronto, Canada, Salem, NH, US, Buxtehude, Germany, and Manchester, England. Additional engineering site is located in Kiev, Ukraine. The business has customers in all geographic regions with sales generated primarily through a global direct sales force.
The Representative, Customer Service is responsible for acting as a liaison between the Sales Representatives, customers, and the manufacturing operation to ensure a smooth and timely process from order entry through manufacturing, shipping and delivery.
- Answer calls from customers regarding orders and inquiries.
- Enter customers’ orders into Navision.
- Use Navision as a daily tool to retrieve information necessary to fill orders or answer inquiries.
- Process credits and debits.
- Verify accuracy of invoices.
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries.
- Discuss order status and issues with Sales Representatives, as necessary.
- Research warranty issues and recommend appropriate course of action.
- Maintain focus on continuous improvement by recommending innovative, cost-efficient business solutions.
- Adhere to all Company policies, safeguard the company's interests and act in an ethical and legal manner as well as report all violations of Company policies and procedures to appropriate management.
SKILLS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven ability to work under pressure in a dynamic and fast paced environment, highly adaptable to fast paced work demands
- Good data entry/keyboard skills and highly detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, effective listener, problem solver and strong team player with a positive work attitude
- Stress tolerant and highly organized
- Proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Excel)
- Knowledgeable of customer service principles and practices
- Knowledge of bill validator and coin products is an asset