CRANE CO. BACKGROUND
Crane Co. is a diversified manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products. Founded in 1855, Crane provides products and solutions to customers in the aerospace, electronics, hydrocarbon processing, petrochemical, chemical, power generation, automated merchandising, transportation and other markets. The Company has five business segments: Aerospace & Electronics, Fluid Handling, Engineered Materials, Merchandising Systems and Controls. Crane has approximately 11,000 employees in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Crane Co. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CR).
CRANE PAYMENT SOLUTIONS SUMMARY
Crane Payment Solutions is a business group within the Crane Merchandising Systems division under Crane Co.
Crane Payment Solutions delivers a full suite of automated money handling systems, including bill and coin validators, bill and coin recyclers, and coin dispensing equipment aimed at the gaming, amusement, retail, self-service, transportation and vending markets. Crane Payment Solutions now offers the widest range of components for integrated payment systems available today. Crane Payment Solutions is a global business with engineering and manufacturing sites in Toronto, Canada, Salem, NH, US, Buxtehude, Germany, and Manchester, England. Additional engineering site is located in Kiev, Ukraine. The business has customers in all geographic regions with sales generated primarily through a global direct sales force.
The Cost Accountant will perform the cost accounting functions for CPS, North America. This position is expected to develop into a strong business partner of the manufacturing, purchasing and engineering teams, to ensure accounting data and financial statements are accurately prepared in a timely manner and to ensure accurate cost estimates for new product development and roll-out. This role will provide leadership in the areas of cost analysis, cost accounting, and cost optimization. In addition, the position will oversee the application of cost accounting theory and work with the corporate offices and internal and external auditors to ensure that the cost accounting and reporting adheres to GAAP standards.
- Oversight of the planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting of manufacturing operations.
- Ensure locations are accountable for consistent practices and procedures and comply with corporate policies
- Recommend and lead changes in cost accounting methods and procedures
- Analyze and interpret gross margins, cost variances, inventory movements, and other accounting reports as they relate to cost
- Review and present cost analysis on a monthly basis to finance and manufacturing teams
- Responsible for cycle counts and inventory reconciliations
- Participating in the maintenance of the internal financial control environment ensuring accurate financial statements and safeguarding company assets
- Support / drive process improvement initiatives: process definition, accounting and reporting metrics, new product releases, inventory controls, BOMs and routings, budgeting and forecasting, cycle count program and metrics Manage and lead all domestic and international financial, accounting, and credit activities, including the review and approval of any financial arrangements, agreements, etc. being considered by the Business Unit.
- Establish and maintain financial calculations and representations in expense and capital expenditure requests related to operations or new products. Establish, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and instructions to safeguard the Business Unit assets, ensuring compliance with corporate policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintenance of the accounting records of the company including the general and subsidiary ledgers, associated leadsheets and worksheets and any other required documentation.
- Complete and accurate production of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reports working without supervision
- Entry and maintenance of the data in Navision and Hyperion
- SOX compliance and compliance with US and Canadian GAAP as required
- Perform other duties as required
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or a related field or an Accounting Diploma from an accredited Canadian College
- Level 3-4 CGA or CMA candidate.
- 5-7 years of experience with progressive responsibility and scope.
- Proven experience working with manufacturing exposure
- Ability to lead financial projects and effectively interact with all levels in the organization
- Results driven, Initiative and self-motivated individual
- Strong cost accounting skills developed in manufacturing environments
- Strong information technology skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Proficient in the knowledge and use of MS Office (Word, Excel).
Indeed - 7 months ago
CPA Food Recruitment
- 22 hours ago
Headwaters Health Care Centre
Headwaters Health Care Centre
- 29 days ago
- 1 day ago