As a member of the channel senior leadership team, Channel Financial Manager will provide business advisory services to the channel that help foster growth, operational productivity and quality of services delivered to customers. Will pro-actively seek/identify and execute opportunities to improve operational and financial results. Provide business planning and operational support including business plans, market/competitive analysis, pricing/ packaging, financial pro-forma, marketing and sales strategy and execution. Advise the channel with regard to strategic, financial and business planning initiatives. Provide recommendations to change channel strategies as needed. Conduct and complete ad-hoc analysis and reports on strategic initiatives and changes. Participate in strategic projects and provide related business and financial guidance to these projects. Monitor and review channel financial results monthly and at year-end. Develop and provide periodic financial reports. Provide financial and business guidance and analyse financial forecasts. Set the channel's financial direction.
- Oversee global financial reporting and business planning activities for channel. This includes development of annual operating plan, analysis of variance to plan, oversight of monthly forecasting processes and development of performance measures that support the channel’s strategic direction (KPIs).
- Direct credit and collection activities in receivables. Partner with CFO and Central Finance on Corporate Cash Management strategies and lead channel initiatives to drive results.
- Champion systems and tools that promote sales force effectiveness and efficiency such as Sales Force.com (SFDC) and SharePoint.
- Manage Global Financial Services Finance, Contract Administration, SFDC and EMEA CSM and Engineering Change Request (ECR) staff.
- Stay abreast of and utilizes leading financial indicators, employs personal experience, and leverage insights gained from others in order to foster improved decision-making and business performance across the channel.
- In collaboration with all channel members, establish and maintain systems to identify, monitor, analyse, and report financial metrics that provide leading indicators for management interventions.
- Serve as a thought leader within the channel to develop strategic thinking skills and analytical rigour in evaluating financial alternatives. Work directly on planning and analytical initiatives such as budgeting, capital, cash management, asset management, revenue and expense issues. Advise Channel management on financial issues as appropriate.
- Direct the efforts related to setting and communicating annual channel financial performance targets including operation performance review, various planning reviews, capital allocation, and budgeting.
- Lead ad-hoc initiatives or special assignments as assigned by the Channel VP.
- Other related responsibilities.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Planning or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Proven experience of corporate/operational finance management required; experience with a Fortune 500 company preferred.
- Business strategy and/or consulting background with consulting company preferred.
- Strong background in financial management and business planning with progressively growing responsibilities over ten years.
- Able to initiate and drive actions to closure.
- Strong Business Acumen
- A significantly higher level of understanding of all financial parameters including but not limited to pricing and costing over a range of customers, products and geographical regions.
- Detailed understanding of financial statements
- Able to analyse financial statements by using various ratios and metrics.
- Highly competent in decision analysis, product costing and variance analysis.
- Able to summarize and explain complex financial data in an understandable manner.
- Able to influence those at various levels within the organization.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Competent in MS Excel, SAP is desirable.
- Able to manage multiple objectives.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Outstanding communication skills and writing abilities
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills; ability to interface with personnel from various departments and levels
- Ability to work independently; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Responsibility will require interface with customers.
- Up to 20% travel
CRANE CO. BACKGROUND
Crane Co. is a diversified manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products. Founded in 1855, Crane provides products and solutions to customers in the aerospace, electronics, hydrocarbon processing, petrochemical, chemical, power generation, automated merchandising, transportation and other markets. The Company has five business segments: Aerospace & Electronics, Fluid Handling, Engineered Materials, Payment Innovation & Merchandising and Controls. Crane has approximately 11,000 employees in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Crane Co. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CR).
CRANE PAYMENT INNOVATIONS SUMMARY
Crane Payment Innovations is one of the fastest paced segments within Crane Co. and delivers a full suite of automated money handling systems, including bill and coin validators, bill and coin recyclers, and coin dispensing equipment aimed at the amusement, banking, gaming, retail self-service, transportation and vending markets. Crane Payment Innovations now offers the widest range of components for integrated payment systems available today.
Crane Payment Innovations is a global business with engineering and manufacturing sites in Toronto, Canada, Salem NH, Malvern PA, Geneva Switzerland, Buxtehude Germany, as well as Manchester and Reading England. Additional engineering site is located in Kiev, Ukraine. The business has customers in all geographic regions with sales generated primarily through a global direct sales force.
Indeed - 12 months ago