Our firm has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, well-organized and dynamic individual to join our team as a Staff Accountant. We offer a very competitive salary and benefit package as well as continuous opportunities for growth within the Firm.
As part of our team, your responsibilities will include:
- preparation of financial statements and related working paper files for Compilation and Review Engagements
- preparation of personal and corporate tax returns
- ensure that all planned procedures have been completed in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures and Canadian ASPE
- implementing various tax planning strategies
- applying analytical accounting and tax knowledge to identify issues, suggest alternatives &
- provide litigation support on complex issues
- develop and build business opportunities with existing or new clients
- University or College degree, in related field
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in related field
- Understanding of Canadian Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises and Canadian tax laws and regulations
- Working experience with Quickbooks, Caseware, Profile and Microsoft Office
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Capable of applying strong project management and organization skills
- Possess a strong work ethic, thrive on challenges and are dedicated to providing outstanding customer service.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Enrollment in an accredited professional accounting program
- Experience with corporate reorganizations and amalgamations
- Knowledge of corporate structure and experience with new incorporations
- Experience with Family Trusts & Estate returns
We thank all candidates for applying. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.