Crabtree & Evelyn Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
informal environment
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 August 2017
Required to interact with all customers and perform hand demonstrations. must know the 5 selling skill demonstration and the way to finish a sale. great experience and ability to grow in the company.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
slow hours
Amazing place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON30 May 2017
A very honest company! Everyone was so nice and willing to help each other. We had a women from head office in Connecticut come teach us everything we needed to know about the products and the company. LOVED MY TIME THERE!
First introduction to retail
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC7 February 2017
I loved working for Crabtree & Evelyn as my managers were all patient and understanding as it was my first job. I was trained how to use the retail system as well as open and close the store. Since the store was in Park Royal, a relatively quiet mall, a typical day at work was not stressful and allowed us to focus on visual merchandising and provide excellent customer service.
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
Salary
Not my favourite job envirourment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2017
I loved the people I worked with but not so much the way it was ran, working with Crabtree was fun but not managed very well, the pay was really well and the hours were good but the company it's self was kind of bad
Pros
People i worked with and the hours
Cons
The way it wa
Amazing Customer Relationships
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON9 January 2017
Crabtree and Evelyn in the Cookstown Outlet mall provides an extremely warm and welcoming atmosphere for not only its customers but the employees as well. The managers provided an knowledgeable and fun place to work well remaining strict with rules and helping customers. The other full time employees were welcoming, kind and offered as much knowledge as they could in the short amount of time I worked there. Over all an amazing place to work full of warm hearted people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario26 July 2016
The working environment can be fun and sometimes boring. Depends on who you work with. The staff were friendly but prone to give constructive criticism frequently. Especially by experienced staff. This can be a overwhelming at the start especially learning product knowledge. With this company it's more about product knowledge and describing scents that they focus heavily on. Price is rarely spoken about and is looked down on when told to customer frequently. Weekly sales skills are done. Basically they review your performance based on the way you handled a customer on that day. I would recommend this store only if you love to sell products and is a out going person.
Dress code is our dated and will not appeal to younger customers.
Pros
Staff discount 50 % off
Cons
Low hours, low wages
Not a conducive place to work.
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2016
Management is judgmental and extremely unfair, harsh and at times, obviously prejudicial towards staff and customers.
Pros
None.
Cons
Too many to mention.
Good company, bad management
Sale Person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 September 2015
It's a good company however the management team were awful. At the time I started working there, there was some changing in the management and within the 9 months I was working there, I had 2-3 different managers.
Relaxed, not many stressful customers
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2015
First I clock in, (if opening I do an Opening routine)
Fill in products if shelves look empty, do demos for customers, help customers with needs, suggest promotions.
When they are ready to pay, I ask them if they have the C&E card, If not suggest to make one if yes continue with purchase.
For closing, sweep, clear water, take away trash and do Closing routine.
Pros
Easy, relaxed, good scents, not much heavy lifting
Cons
very short shifts per day, not even 20 hours per week
Good environment, low pay, poor hours
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 April 2014
The hours were pretty bad, the pay was just minimum wage and equal for every level of worker except the manager. Had high sales goals not realistic for the store and the amount of business we would get.
Friendly manager helps me to get involved the system quickly.
Seasonal Sales (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 February 2014
I worked around a month in this position. In this position, I learned how to deal with customers when they need my help of the products. It helps to increase my communication skills in English. My manager is a friendly manager who have enough patient and helps me getting involved to the system quickly. On the other hand, my co-workers are all females. They gave me huge helps while I met some problems like did not understand the utility of the products. In addition, the hardest part of the job is to memorize all the utilities of the products. In conclusion, the atmosphere of this workplace is enjoyable and friendly.
Pros
50% off staff price
Familiar with Customer Service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Downtown Toronto3 January 2014
I am gaining experience in customer service and the Canada working environment
Temporary job
Executive Secretary to President (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 August 2013
It was a fun place to work, the people were kind. It was a temp job started with them for just 2 days but it turned to 8 weeks.
Good people
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 May 2013
I liked the people and the work.
My responsibility was A/P, collection calls, Bank rec, Petty cash, and others such as filing.
I enjoyed most of the time I spent there.
Travail demandant physiquement
Conseillère à la vente pour la période des fêtes (Former Employee) –  Place STe-Foy Québec15 April 2013
Travail pour le temps des fêtes. Aucun intérêt d'y rester pour longtemps
Pros
rabais sur les produits
Cons
je ne veux pas commenter
Work experience at Chrabtree & Evelynn
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 August 2012
Working at Chrabtree & Evelynn has been in experience Ive work their for 4 years. It was my 1st job I learn a lot during the years I work. The management was extremely unorganized I just wish that the manager during the time wasn't so bipolar, but Ive learn a lot with working with management teams like that. I can bring it out to my new job
Pros
n/a
Cons
im able to work 8hours and more in one day