Crabby Joes Employee Reviews

Excellent Environment.
Dishwasher and food prep (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON15 January 2018
This place is more then decent. During the day it's dining time for the family and when 9pm comes its Bar Life. Good music usually and few minor entertainment stations, TVs and such.

Boss @ Woodstock was very good at keeping all the co-workers up to bay ( Busy ) I enjoyed every min working there.

The food is very delightful as well, and after 9pm all Apps are half price! That's the only time I really went there to eat other then the times I used my employment discount
Pros
Well Mannered Staff
Badly managed
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 December 2017
Badly managed, lots of complaints but the prices are good, the pay is suitable for the work your doing. Good with the hours, and easy to get shifts, policies aren't really followed.
Pros
Good hours
fun workplace, fantastic staff
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ON16 November 2017
Crabby Joe's was my first ever serving/bartending position. I am forever thankful for being accepted with this company as it has taught me a tremendous amount of knowledge in the restaurant industry. I would not be who I am today had they not had faith in training me. Staff was like one big happy family and our manager was superbly friendly!
Pros
great workers, friendly customers, staff discount, great boss
Amazing coworkers, awful management
Bartender/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON Dundas street15 October 2017
Management made my experience at crabby Joe's a living h*ll. We were always understaffed because the owner did not want to pay more people to work, which causes tips to drop drastically. On top of that there is a tipout policy to tip out on total sales so on a busy night I would often be leaving with less money than I came in...would often owe the restaurant money. I know most of the chains have the same tipout policy, but as long as you are not understaffed it should not be a problem you should at least be breaking even.
Pros
Fun people to work with very welcoming
Cons
Management is terrible and tips are non existent
Terrible to work for
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON19 September 2017
owners do whatever they want, franchises give the directions and the rest is awful, Branding from head office thinks they know best, the owners think they know best, the staff doesn't help much, the management gets it from all sides, and no help from anyone. Very stressful.
Poor Management
Server (Former Employee) –  Listowel, ON18 September 2017
The job itself is fine. Always, wiping down tables, setting them, taking orders, running tables, helping anyone who needs help. No problem here. The problem really starts with management. I started working at the Listowel location in mid July 2017, and was "let go" the following September. I had never felt a sense of belong in an establishment like this. The other services made me feel insignificant because I was new or young, and I always had the feeling that one of the managers always hated me.
One of the managers TEXTED me 2 days before my weekend shifts and said that there had been complaints about me and that they're going to have to let me go. No issues had ever been brought up to me, so I did not have any opportunity to make amends or right the wrongs that were supposedly done. They charged the the ridiculous amount for my work shirt- that took 2 months to come in- and I ironically received it on my last shift.
The fact that the management feels that its appropriate to text an employee to fire them, not give any warning or chance to fix the complaints, and not reply to messages is ridiculous and is the most unprofessional business that I've ever worked for.
Pros
Discounted food when working, tips
Management hires their friends
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 September 2017
Good place to work as a part time thing. Staff are friendly and the atmosphere is great. Management does play favourites from time to time. Other than that, the position is great.
Pros
great team environment
Cons
favouritism
great atmosphere
Bartender and server (Former Employee) –  Exeter, ON25 August 2017
loved working there in my small town the owner and mangaers are great and treat the staff very well. i worked there for over a year when i came home from travelling.
Very fun work place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  1249 London Road23 August 2017
Overall Crabby Joe's was a good business to start out with but it wasn't something I saw a future doing, Great start to my first job. Looking to expand with something new.
Pros
Great Crew
Cons
Restaurant takes over your life
employee (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON22 August 2017
There is no work life balance.The owners expect you to give up your life for them and offer nothing in return. You can make some good moeny but, its not worth giving up your family
Fun atmosphere
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON8 July 2017
Great place to work. Friendly management, staff and customers. I felt comfortable right from the get go and had amazing training from the staff. management seems great about training people that don't have much experience.
Workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 July 2017
Recommended for students
Unfortunately high turn over rate
Staff were quite decent
It would help if the staff was more willing to let new members in
Better to work as a team instead against each other
Crabbies
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Angus, ON27 June 2017
Was overall a fun place to work but it was very chaotic, and everything was unplanned. I do not recommend working here, as it is very high stress, with low return.
rude manager
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON26 June 2017
when I had worked here the manager had no care at all for the staff members and did not take any time to thank them for any extra work they had done, or take the time to train them before jumping to yelling at them infront of everyone.
Not for everyone
Bartender/Server/Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 May 2017
Crabby Joe's is a great place to go with friends for a beer and cheap eats, not the best place to work. With so many discounts on food and beer and a poor work culture, it makes it difficult to keep people interested and motivated to work there.
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
Working there.
could be worse
Frier cook, dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ON22 April 2017
crabby joes is an ok place to work the location i was at had good management and great staff in general. laid back environment and food wasn't half bad
Bartender/server
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Beamsville, ON19 April 2017
If you like to work with people and the public, this place is perfect. You get to socialize with the community and friends. I would highly recommend working here.

Its got a home town atmosphere with some great friends
such a welcoming and fun environment to work in
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 March 2017
Working at crabby joes was one of the best experiences i have had yet. Management understood their servers personal life and accommodated to their schedule needs. you did work long hours, but the pay was very good. servers that i met there are still some of my closet friends to work. Great environment!
Pros
the people
Cons
long evening shifts sometimes ending by 2 am
Hard working and rewarding job experience
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Port Perry, ON20 March 2017
A very diverse menu will allow beginner cooks to gain a wide variety of cooking experience as it did for me. You will work under more experienced cooks and learn how a successful and focused kitchen group operates.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
stressful during busy hours
Busy workplace
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON16 March 2017
Never a quiet moment at this place, the work itself was constant, and there was always work to be done. The kitchen was a busy area and the staff was amazing to work with.
Pros
Lots of hours and discounted food was excellent.
Cons
Certain times of the day were super busy