Crabby Joe's Tap & Grill Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
No thank you.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 6, 2016
Cant complain of the hours, they were wanted, but when you don't get a break during a 13 hour shift, it gets rough. Management has many issues to work on. The coworkers were great. Typical line cook position. Half price apps made rushes even more.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Management, long days
great place to work at
Dish washer (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ONMay 5, 2016
everyone is super friendly and outgoing. the environment is up beat and very urban. music to listen to, television to watch with sports on it. beautiful servers. great food and deals.
Productive and Fun workplace with great attitude.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Ingersoll, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Great fun job, Amazing team to work with, Recently closed down. Steady paying also fairly easy work. Extremely disorganized.

This concludes my review of Crabby Joes.
Pros
Long hours, Music available while working.
Cons
Pay was too little, Poor management.
A day in the workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONJanuary 12, 2016
A typical day at work is usually steady, I work with between 2-7 people a shift depending the time and day. I have learned about the new menu at work, but as far as learning anything new about serving, I don't think I have because I have previously worked at Crabby Joe's a couple of years ago. The management is completely different from when I used to work there. I work with great people who I can always rely on. the hardest part of my job would be dealing with certain complaints. Sometimes I have nothing to even say about what people complain about because there is no solution.The hard thing with serving is that we are the face of the company, so when people are upset we get the brunt of it. The best part of my job is that I love to communicate with people on a daily basis and I find it amusing to talk to people and get to know them. Serving comes easy for me, however it is still a challenge. Finding the time to do everything in a timely man
Cons
No staff discounts
Excellent co-workers, poor owner
Server (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONDecember 10, 2015
Work was enjoyable with the other servers who worked there. Management needed improvement. Owner disrespectful and cruel to employees
Productive, fun fast pace envioronment
Full Time Cook (Former Employee) –  Listowel, ONApril 13, 2015
It was a very fun fast pace environment to work in, always able to interact with the waitresses, and other line cooks. We were always updating our menu, so it was a continuous learning. Usually I would be calling orders when, what, and how I needed the food prepared when managements shift ended, while managers were there I would generally be on a grill station cooking meat and preparing pasta dishes. Hardest part of the job would be I was a full time closer of the kitchen so after 11 pm I was the only one in the kitchen and responsible to clean everything properly, make sure everything was stocked, and shut everything off, as well as being a full time grade 12 student so getting home at 3 am or 4 am and have class at 9 am the next day.
Pros
was able to listen to own music
Cons
worked nights and continued as a student
thoroughly enjoyed my work environment and management, unfortunately the business sold
Daytime Manager / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 12, 2014
Very interesting line of work. Always something interesting to deal with. Lots of multi-tasking, in a fast paced environment. I learned how franchised businesses operate. I became a better employee because my management empowered and supported me. if anything, preparing the FOH schedule may have been the most difficult part of the position.
Pros
the environment fulfilled my endless energy and people skills.
Cons
occasional staff not informing us of absenteeism
Co-workers were always fun and worked as a team
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Listowel, ONNovember 18, 2013
Wonderful plce to work other then wing nights and it attracting a very young crowd and not getting much money in tips.

2.8