Crabby Joe's Tap & Grill Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Server/Manager
Manager/Server (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ON26 October 2016
I love working with people, i enjoy helping customers and reach for the greatest experience. I handle any problems that may occur in a professional and timely manner. I am responsible and have a great work ethic. I am new to Toronto and would love to join a new team.
Pros
Great staff and customers
Cons
No benefits
No thank you.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 July 2016
Cant complain of the hours, they were wanted, but when you don't get a break during a 13 hour shift, it gets rough. Management has many issues to work on. The coworkers were great. Typical line cook position. Half price apps made rushes even more.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Management, long days
Productive and Fun workplace with great attitude.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON10 February 2016
Great fun job, Amazing team to work with, Recently closed down. Steady paying also fairly easy work. Extremely disorganized.

This concludes my review of Crabby Joes.
Pros
Long hours, Music available while working.
Cons
Pay was too little, Poor management.
A day in the workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON12 January 2016
A typical day at work is usually steady, I work with between 2-7 people a shift depending the time and day. I have learned about the new menu at work, but as far as learning anything new about serving, I don't think I have because I have previously worked at Crabby Joe's a couple of years ago. The management is completely different from when I used to work there. I work with great people who I can always rely on. the hardest part of my job would be dealing with certain complaints. Sometimes I have nothing to even say about what people complain about because there is no solution.The hard thing with serving is that we are the face of the company, so when people are upset we get the brunt of it. The best part of my job is that I love to communicate with people on a daily basis and I find it amusing to talk to people and get to know them. Serving comes easy for me, however it is still a challenge. Finding the time to do everything in a timely man
Cons
No staff discounts
great place to work at
Dish washer (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON5 May 2016
everyone is super friendly and outgoing. the environment is up beat and very urban. music to listen to, television to watch with sports on it. beautiful servers. great food and deals.
Excellent co-workers, poor owner
Server (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON10 December 2015
Work was enjoyable with the other servers who worked there. Management needed improvement. Owner disrespectful and cruel to employees
Productive, fun fast pace envioronment
Full Time Cook (Former Employee) –  Listowel, ON13 April 2015
It was a very fun fast pace environment to work in, always able to interact with the waitresses, and other line cooks. We were always updating our menu, so it was a continuous learning. Usually I would be calling orders when, what, and how I needed the food prepared when managements shift ended, while managers were there I would generally be on a grill station cooking meat and preparing pasta dishes. Hardest part of the job would be I was a full time closer of the kitchen so after 11 pm I was the only one in the kitchen and responsible to clean everything properly, make sure everything was stocked, and shut everything off, as well as being a full time grade 12 student so getting home at 3 am or 4 am and have class at 9 am the next day.
Pros
was able to listen to own music
Cons
worked nights and continued as a student
thoroughly enjoyed my work environment and management, unfortunately the business sold
Daytime Manager / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 April 2014
Very interesting line of work. Always something interesting to deal with. Lots of multi-tasking, in a fast paced environment. I learned how franchised businesses operate. I became a better employee because my management empowered and supported me. if anything, preparing the FOH schedule may have been the most difficult part of the position.
Pros
The environment fulfilled my endless energy and people skills.
Cons
Occasional staff not informing us of absenteeism
Co-workers were always fun and worked as a team
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Listowel, ON18 November 2013
Wonderful plce to work other then wing nights and it attracting a very young crowd and not getting much money in tips.

2.9