Cpi

Cpi Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Was Great but company closed
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, MIFebruary 1, 2014
i loved working for this company though i only worked once a week and never could advance cause there was no room to advance. i thoroughly enjoyed the photography and the editing software we were able to use. my manager was great. customers though picky were a lot of fun to photograph and i enjoyed editing their pictures.
Love taking pictures.
Photographer - Sales (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: taking pictures
Cons: management
Taking customers pictures was one of the most rewarding jobs ever! it was so much
fun easy to work for company
Photographer/ sales associate (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 25, 2014
i loved this job working with families and children is amazing and i would love to do a job like this again!
out of business for a reason
Portrait Studio Manager (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJanuary 20, 2014
Though my store showed 144% profit increase the two years I managed, I was constantly criticized for being at the office more than 10 minutes after our closing time, though our last walk in appointment could come in up to the time we clocked out. so if one minute till, someone wanted a photo shoot, I would be an hour late leaving the store. I worked – more... six days a week as a manager, and even on my day off, I would have a conference call, or have to go to the studio to manage labor due to the management heavily breathing down my neck. My associates were never late, never no called no showed, we had a great time together, and being a photographer is great fun if you have the talent to capture moments, not just pictures. – less
Unhappy Work Environment
Studio Manager/Photographer (Former Employee), Cortland, OHJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: learned selling techniques and how to overcome objections
Cons: management
This position was basically telemarketing. I loved talking to the customers and working with the people I worked with. I don't think management treated us well or as equals.
It was a Ok place to work.
Softproofer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 10, 2014
It was nice to work here, to bad they closed down. It was temporary job. The people there were nice.
Assembly work
Seasonal manufacturing worker (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: seasonal work
A typical day was spent assembling and framing pictures to be put in packages for customers
A place where memories were created
Manager/Photographer (Former Employee), Kenosha, WIJanuary 2, 2014
A typical day at work here would consist of completing the opening and closing procedures. I would take customer requests for photography. I would photograph their portraits and engage in conversation to make the customer feel comfortable. Very kid friendly. I was a manager at this particular location and we kept contact with District Managers through – more... email and by phone. I learned how to manage, hire and train employees, customer service and learned how to control difficult situations with customers. The hardest part of the job was photographing and unhappy child or one who wouldn't sit still and dealing with unhappy customers that couldn't be satisfied. The most enjoyable part of the job was creating a memory and knowing photos that I have taken would be shared and hung up on customer's walls. – less
Photography Studio
Studio Manager/ Photographer (Former Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 30, 2013
Take pictures of all ages, manage office, customer care, answer phones &schedule appointments.
Very nice people to work with.
Distribution Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PADecember 13, 2013
This was a very nice company to work for. I rated job security at one star because they laid off almost all employees. I last heard there are only 5 people there. When I first went to work there the employee count was 44 of which 22 I managed in the warehouse. A series of poor decisions by the owners caused the business to fold.
Good to work
Senior Applications Engineer (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CANovember 17, 2013
Pros: good work environment and co-workers
Cons: company lay offs are on tha rise
Overall a good company to work for; raises / promotions more likely for Marketing (not engineering). Has a good cafeteria, with reasonably priced meals.

Divisions operate in a 'bare bones' cost structure, some MPP labs have obsolete test eqpt, access to office supplies is limited.
WORKING FOR CPI HAS BEEN REWARDING, MET NEW PEOPLE EVERY DAY AS WELL AS LONG LASTING RELATIONSHIPS WITH CLIENTS AND THIER FAMILIES
STUDIO MANAGER (Former Employee), Buena Park, CANovember 9, 2013
Pros: fun working with children and families
Cons: occationally upset customers
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK, MAKING MEMORIES FOR FAMILIES THRU MY PHOTOGRAPHY . I HAVE LEARNED HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY SELL MY ART AND TO MEET COMPANY SALES GOALS. BEING THE MANAGER AT A HIGH VOLUME STORE HAS BEEN REWARDING, WITH A STRONG SALES TEAM. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS PROBABLY DEALING WITH UPSET CUSTOMERS AT CHRISTMAS RUSH. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART – more... OF MY JOB WAS SEEING HOW HAPPY MY CUSTOMERS ARE WHEN THEY LEFT MY STORE HAVING A GREAT EXPERIANCE THAT THEY WILL CHERISH FOREVER. – less
Good place to work when you are very young and just starting out!
Studio Manager (Former Employee), Lancaster, PANovember 2, 2013
Good place to work when you are very young and just starting out!Good place to work when you are very young and just starting out!
Grat team to work with
Habilitative Support Technician (Current Employee), Mtn Home, IDOctober 23, 2013
Pros: gas mileage is paid for
Cons: short breaks
Work with client in the community to support them in their daily life skills. I learned that patience is a virtue. Management is great. Co-Workers are great to work with. The hardest part of the job is getting attached to the client and their family. The most enjoyable part of the job is rewarding when they accomplished a goal.
Benefits of meeting new people daily
District Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 14, 2013
Pros: every day was never a repeat day. every guest was so different! it was never boreing
Cons: the company had to come to an end.
Coaching and leading Managers and part-time employees on providing the best memories for our guest. I really enjoyed the opportunity to build strength in managers and give them the motivation to be leaders in our industry. I enjoyed working with other district managers that were always willing to have a little friendly competition to motivate each other – more... and our teams. The hardest part of the job was call all 53 of my managers and all 160 of my employees and letting them know they were no longer employed through CPI. Even though that was tough, I am still so blessed to have been a part of a company that allowed me to create life long memories some first and some last for thousands of families. – less
good place
Contractor for General Dynamics Material handler 1 (Former Employee), Auburn, WAOctober 13, 2013
they are a great company top work for . They are temp company but they will help you get on permenate
If you like research on different technologies, this company is for you
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), DurhamSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: great technologies
Cons: prefer not to say
Several technologies, Innovation driven and plenty of Research Projects. Interesting projects and plenty of things to learn.
Fun atmospher working with children and families making memories through photography
Sears portrait studio (Former Employee), Douglasville, GASeptember 3, 2013
Pros: free photoes for christmas and making new friends everyday.
Cons: working alott of hours on the weekends. but i got use to it.
A typical day would be busy and action packed. Taking time to make sure each photo session was a good experience when possible. Working with a team and learning to cooperate with each other.
Fun workplace, poor management
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lavale, MDSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: flexibility, ability to show creativity, some friendly co-workers, company incentives.
Cons: poor management, lack of sales ability, little or no direction at times, no help support.
Typical day begins with clocking in, counting in the cash register, and start customer's photo sessions. I learned aspects of photography and working in a fast-paced environment. The co-workers were great but sometimes a little back-stabbing. The hardest part of the job was trying to sell $300 packages to someone who doesn't want to spend that much – more... and try to manage the whole store by yourself (answer phones, take pictures, schedule appointments, initiate sales, etc.) The most enjoyable part was taking pictures of fun groups of people, being creative and actually enjoying coming in to work. – less
Productive, Exciting, Proficient
Manger- photographer (Former Employee), Coralville, IowaAugust 2, 2013
Pros: meeting new people, making new friends
Cons: short breaks, long hours
My normal day at work would be get to my job early, do cash control and than get on managers conference call. I would than open my store at 10am and that's usually when my first appointment would show up!
What I have learned? I learned how to handle customer service issues to the best of my ability! I also learned a lot about management skills! I am – more... much more confident with new people also!
The hardest part about my job was when pictures didnt come in on time on a holiday when people expected them to, the stress level to make sure everything was being delivered on time and making sure my employees were doing a good job.
But at the end of the day, the best thing about my job was knowing was capturing memories for families and for so many different occasions. Nobody understands until you work a job like that. – less