Cpi

Cpi Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Worst job I ever had
photographer (Former Employee), oshawaApril 16, 2013
Worst job I have ever had! Now I understand why they are constantly looking for staff. Unprofessional management. What was expected from you was unreasonable. poor pay.coworkers immature. Noone was a professional photographer
WORST job I have ever had!
Portrait Phtographer (Former Employee), NanaimoOctober 11, 2012
Cons: long days, lots expected of of you for little pay, horrible training
This was the absolute, hands down WORST job I have ever held. I am not just compaining because I have a poor work ethic and things did not work out, I have successfully held high level jobs and am a post-secondary graduate who needed an in-between job and thought this might be fun. However, they pay you next to nothing for the ammount of work,dedication – more... and responsibility they expect you to have, no wonder they cycled through 4 employees during the 3 months I was there and always looking for new ones (yes, I could only take 3 months). Always under staffed and lack of training leaves you high and dry in the photography studio on your own ....DO NOT work here – less
Okay to work at, overwhelming a lot of the time.
Photographer (Former Employee), Prince George, BCSeptember 18, 2012
Long days on your feet.
Lots to learn, crammed into short days.
Management is good, for the most part.
Co-workers are friendly.
Hardest part is knowing what to do during a day and how to go about it.
Enjoyable working with people and helping them create memories.
Training
Non Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 24, 2012
Non violent Crrisis intervention training program, is one of the requirements to accomplish the health care pro
Busy and exciting work environment
Seasonal Photographer/Salesperson (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 20, 2012
- During the Christmas season, the studio becomes extremely busy and is filled with clients whose ages range from two weeks old to 90 years old.
- Being both a photographer and a salesperson, I had to multitask and juggle both tasks as my co-workers were often busy with other clients.
- After a 30-45 minute photo-session with the clients, I would digitally – more... edit the photos and then present the edited photos, allowing the clients to choose from a variety of designs, sizes, colours, etc.
- What I learned from this position is that time is of the essence. Time management is absolutely essential and deadlines are extremely important (i.e. If one photo session, editing session or sales pitch is prolonged, the appointments for the remaining clients are postponed, resulting in the entire team to fall behind on the scheduled appointments)
- This position has taught me to take initiative and help my co-workers when they required it most. – less
studio manager
Studio Manager (Former Employee), nationAugust 2, 2014
no longer in business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Over-seeing daily and weekly goals were met
Creating a schedule
Providing customers with memories, and smiles for a lifetime
Vast knowledge of sales skills and techniques
Not a good company
District Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 2, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: stress, did not have a personal life
Company filed bankruptcy
Regional Manager was not good.
Culture that could not be changed
Great work enviroment
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), Lexington, KYApril 16, 2014
Great work environment but no job security or advancement.
Awesome Job and work enviroment.
Assistant Manager/Photographer (Former Employee), Sumter, SCApril 16, 2014
I loved this job. Taking pictures and getting to capture moments of families was awesome.
Investigating cases that are highly profile
Worker Department of Family & Protective Services (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 31, 2014
Pros: keeps you business daily
Cons: seaching for client with little information
Performs advanced social work related to protective services, intake, child abuse or neglect, investigation, and adoptions.
*Develops and maintains effective working relationships between child Protective Services staff and law officials, judicial officials, legal resources, medical professionals, and other community resources.
Make homes and school – more... visits. Make calls and documentation – less
Amazing people and goals
Family Teacher (Former Employee), Las VegasFebruary 19, 2014
I enjoyed the changes and affect that I had on the youth that we worked with.
studio manager
Studio Manager/Photographer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NC & Ocena, NJFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: interaction with people
Cons: long hours
Managed a very busy portrait studio for CPI Corporation within Sears. I did payroll and employee scheduling. I took portraits of babies, children, adults, families and sometimes pets. I sold photo packages to customers. I loved photographing children and babies. I had many people come back to me several times a year so I got to see the kids grown
Wish it was still open, but the dept closed down.
Real Estate Associate (Current Employee), Huntington Park, CAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: everyone was a team player
Cons: laws changed and we had to close the dept.
CPI was a division of Century 21 Powerhouse, where I am presently still employed as a Realtor. I managed the office at CPI and we did a great job. My team of loan mod negotiators were the best and our processors totally rocked. We were an excellent fun and very productive team. Unfortunately due to the nature of the business our department was dissolved.
Was Great but company closed
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, MIFebruary 1, 2014
i loved working for this company though i only worked once a week and never could advance cause there was no room to advance. i thoroughly enjoyed the photography and the editing software we were able to use. my manager was great. customers though picky were a lot of fun to photograph and i enjoyed editing their pictures.
Love taking pictures.
Photographer - Sales (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: taking pictures
Cons: management
Taking customers pictures was one of the most rewarding jobs ever! it was so much
fun easy to work for company
Photographer/ sales associate (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 25, 2014
i loved this job working with families and children is amazing and i would love to do a job like this again!
out of business for a reason
Portrait Studio Manager (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJanuary 20, 2014
Though my store showed 144% profit increase the two years I managed, I was constantly criticized for being at the office more than 10 minutes after our closing time, though our last walk in appointment could come in up to the time we clocked out. so if one minute till, someone wanted a photo shoot, I would be an hour late leaving the store. I worked – more... six days a week as a manager, and even on my day off, I would have a conference call, or have to go to the studio to manage labor due to the management heavily breathing down my neck. My associates were never late, never no called no showed, we had a great time together, and being a photographer is great fun if you have the talent to capture moments, not just pictures. – less
Unhappy Work Environment
Studio Manager/Photographer (Former Employee), Cortland, OHJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: learned selling techniques and how to overcome objections
Cons: management
This position was basically telemarketing. I loved talking to the customers and working with the people I worked with. I don't think management treated us well or as equals.
It was a Ok place to work.
Softproofer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 10, 2014
It was nice to work here, to bad they closed down. It was temporary job. The people there were nice.
Assembly work
Seasonal manufacturing worker (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: seasonal work
A typical day was spent assembling and framing pictures to be put in packages for customers

1 2 3 4 5