CPI Corporation

CPI Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Picture Me Portrait Studio
Studio Manager (Former Employee), Fort Frances,OnJune 9, 2014
I managed one of their studios and found it very rewarding. To be able to photograph family memories and firsts. The only downside to where I was working was I could only have part time staff because we were located in a small town and it was hard to find someone who would take a part time position and keep it.
Was good but no support
Walmart portrait studio (Former Employee), Prince Albert skJanuary 21, 2014
When I started my manager was really nice she decided to quit I was the only one work district wouldn't help me they didn't even really hire anyone to help me out working 7 days a week
Fun place to work
Studio Manager/ Photographer (Former Employee), highland,caJune 20, 2014
Although this company no longer exist since they went bankrupt, I loved working their. The joy of capturing life lasting memories with a snap of a camera trigger was awesome.
Loved my job
Studio Manager, Key Holder, Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Georgetown, KYApril 3, 2014
I learned so many things about the retail industry. *******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************.
Excellent stepping stone for a great career
Senior Production Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: fantastic enviroment for building relationships
Cons: company security.
Since the opening of its first studio over 60 years ago, CPI Corp. has been a leader in the
portrait photography industry. Headquartered in; CPI is the leading portrait
studio operator in North America offering photography services in approximately 3,100
locations, principally in Sears and Wal-Mart stores
Did not enjoy working here
Assistant Manager/Sales (Former Employee), Redmond, WADecember 26, 2013
Scheduling was always last minute and management was difficult to get a hold of.
Its was a great place to work.
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 5, 2013
Pros: the holidays
Cons: rush seasons
I worked at CPI for 33 yrs. that speak for it self, I worked with a great group of peoples.
Always something to do and great for someone who loves taking pictures
Studio Manager (Former Employee), Kingsport, TnOctober 28, 2013
Pros: flexible, good breaks, close to lunch options, and being in managment
Cons: benefits, long hours during the holidays
I would go into work and check cameras, studio, and cleanliness of the facility. I would make sure that the night before they had done the money count and it was accurate and check the paperwork and photos to ensure that they were done correctly. I would schedule appointments and take pictures as well as sell packages. I learned alot of management there – more... and responsibility. I enjoyed being in management and was very productive and raised the store profits in my time managing there. The co workers were easy to get along with and at my time there only had to write up one person for work behavior. Hardest part of the job was having to do write ups and getting the employees to email leads. I enjoyed taking pictures and the whole company managment aspect. – less
Review for CPI aka Sears Portrait, Picture Me, and Kiddie Kandids
Photographer (Former Employee), Johnstown, PAOctober 15, 2013
Pros: great job
Cons: work is closed.
This corporation is Bankrupt and has closed and is no longer employing people. They went bankrupt 06/2013.
N/A
Softproofer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 8, 2013
This was just a temporary seasonal position in photography work.
Photographer/District Trainer/Store Manager
Studio General Manager (Former Employee), Duluth, GASeptember 3, 2013
Pros: making memories for so many families
Cons: n/a
I was responsible for many areas during the time I was employed for CPI Corporation. To list a few, I was a Store General Manager for two studios in the Atlanta area. Each studio had an average of 8-10 employees. each employee needed to be trained in every aspect of the studio. Photography, portrait sales and Customer Relations.

During my time as the – more... District Trainer, which ran concurrently with my time at the Sears Portrait Studio, I was responsible for the training of the photographers of the Atlanta/Knoxville District. The district included 13 stores from the Atlanta and Knoxville areas. The training that they received included all of the training that my own personal studio employees received. The Store Managers of each of those stores received the same training (if needed). The Store Managers also received training on many business reports including but not limited to payroll and P&L. – less
Great Training Program
Studio Manager/Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jackson, MIAugust 6, 2013
Cons: everything
My training program was amazing! I had a lot of hands on full contact training that was huge for me to learn how to work the equipment and pose the subjects. Through the years though, it became more about how big the company could become and less about the memories they could make for customers. The more evident that became to the employees the less – more... and less our training was and less and less our hands on training became and finally when we went digital we learned how to use our new system by a video. Neat huh. – less
Wonderful Working Environment
STUDIO MANAGER (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OhioJuly 30, 2013
Pros: mileage compensation and christmas bonuses
I had one of the greatest career experiences with this company as it is an expansion of all business and marketing based knowledge in which I already obtain.
Company Closed
DM (Former Employee), NEW ENGLANDJuly 22, 2013
Company Closed Was a great place to work till the last few years
photographing families and children
Photographer (Former Employee), Novi, MIJune 23, 2013
Photographing families and children. I became an assistant manager within 6 months of working and a manager within 8 months. I was also a district trainer for a year and a half. I managed a studio of up to 18 employees at one time.
Fun work environment until company closed
Store Manager (Former Employee), New Boston, OHJune 20, 2013
I really enjoyed working at PictureMe Portraits Studios until they closed their doors in April 2013
26 years of servic
Field Support Specialist/IT Internal Helpdesk (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 1, 2013
Pros: family atmosphere
Cons: closed doors
A wonderful place to work. Family oriented. Was given the opportunity to grow. Learned new skills throughout my tenure.
nice while it lasted
Team Lead/Photographic Proofer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 17, 2013
Pros: my coworkers and the portraits
Cons: the way the company ceased operations
I would check the server for incoming work. Assign all proofers according to the work needed that day. Once they were all working I would proof, answer questions and trouble shoot any computer problems.
I learned so much from the people in this company, it's hard to give a few. Software programs, management, people skills, color management and much – more... much more.
I was management for 5 years so, I have to say they were a great bunch of people.
For the past 8 years I trained many new proofers. The hardest part of the job was when I realized they weren't going to make it.
The most enjoyable part was when I realized the new people were going to make it. Because I never knew the kind of person that was being hired. – less
Out of business....
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 17, 2013
Pros: co workers and supervisors
Cons: dysfunctional home office leadership and micro managing
Worked hard for years only to have the carpet pulled out from under us by the board of directors. Company could have had a successful business model with correct leadership and investments in people rather than trainer less training programs and micro managing oversight.

I loved my regional and had faith and loyalty in this company.
This company is gone.
SM (Former Employee), nationwideApril 5, 2013
Pros: making customers happy.
Cons: corporate incompetence.
CPI Corp officially closed it's doors in a vote on the night of 4/3/13. It shuttered all US Sears, Pictureme, and Kiddie Kandids over night. On the morning of 4/4/13, the employees saw "Your studio is closed. Do not attempt to clock in." on their computers.They were then told to go to the web page where a letter from the CEO, told them they had closed – more... the entire US operations down effective immediately. Last pay day was 4/5/13, last date of insurance 4/5/13. No date given when the prepaid orders will be sent to the host stores for them to distribute. – less

1 2 3

About CPI Corporation

CPI Corp. (CPI) is engaged in the professional portrait photography of young children, individuals and families. CPI is the operator – Read more