CPI Corp Employee Reviews

Self-employed, looking to transition from consulting to full time work.
Channel Partner Innovators (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
I started CPi i 2008 and found my experience consulting to the IBM channel highly rewarding. In recent years, IBM has transitioned much of it's funding away from channel partners which has negatively impacted my business. While I have transitioned my work to other vendors, revenues have been unstable as channels are in a state of transition (much of the focus is on "recruitment" of partners rather than transforming them).
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Love what I get to do,
District Manager (Former Employee) –  southern alberta8 December 2016
A typical day at work would be ensuring all my locations are up and running, that all locations are properly staffed. I would ensure all locations are meeting daily sales goals.I learned that there are jobs that you get to do and jobs that you have to do and management is something you get to do. er
Pros
Watching you develop people into their careers
Cons
loosing people to other jobs
OK job
Photographer/Customer Service Rep (Key Holder) (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON8 December 2016
it was an OK job
the District manager and assistant DM was something less then desireable
but the customers where great and the actual photo taking was OK
there was no room for your own creativity only SET poses

OK job
Productive and fun workplace
PRODUCTION ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON4 April 2016
Productive and fun workplace, good benefits, good management, good place for job and carrier, nice co- workers, ways for carrier, good placement, big parking
A fun job if you enjoy working with people, especially kids
Manager, Portrait & Passport Photographer (Former Employee) –  Leduc, Alberta12 October 2012
If you like being overworked and underpaid (No raises), you will be stuck in a dead-end position without renumeration or appreciation!!
Pros
if you like free portraits, you will get a portrait package as a christmas gift if you have been with the company for a while!
Cons
taking home laundry to wash without getting paid for it, long hours, no raises, bonuses only paid when team does well (not based on individual ability)
Good place to work nice environment
I managed the sales the recruitments (Former Employee) –  Québec, QC9 September 2012
A day of work at the photo studio consists of calling the clients to have a better idea of how to plan there session to best suit there needs. Recruiting new costermors in store and finding new ways to do so. Taking seances followed by showing our products and closing the sale. Answering the phone taking passeport photos Making and seperating the orders. conferance calls and making the money deposit once a week.
The hardest part of the job is only one employee works at a time. But the most enjoyable part is the challenges and meeting the clients and getting to know them.
Pros
theres always chances to move up in the company
Cons
you work alone and if there s no clients it can be a long day
WORST job I have ever had!
Portrait Phtographer (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo11 October 2012
This was the absolute, hands down WORST job I have ever held. I am not just compaining because I have a poor work ethic and things did not work out, I have successfully held high level jobs and am a post-secondary graduate who needed an in-between job and thought this might be fun. However, they pay you next to nothing for the ammount of work,dedication and responsibility they expect you to have, no wonder they cycled through 4 employees during the 3 months I was there and always looking for new ones (yes, I could only take 3 months). Always under staffed and lack of training leaves you high and dry in the photography studio on your own ....DO NOT work here
Cons
long days, lots expected of of you for little pay, horrible training
Love photgraphy.....company policy and practices suck!
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ont25 June 2013
Loved photography and the rewards of pleased customers, disliked the smile searching, contact calls and the late lunch. You have to be a pushy person to sell the high priced bundles, my training was not done correctly and my DM is rude. They write you up for zero shoot days and can fire you after three strikes....zero tolerance for a low economy......take a different job!
Horrible management, treats employees with overall disrespect
Photographic Services Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville Ontario28 August 2013
You come into work and deal with rowdy children and get paid "a competitive salary" (.25 over minimum wage) constantly harassed by management for not brining in sales and when you do bring in sales you didn't do good enough. Management is so scattered brained and doesn't care about you unless you bring in $1000 in sales on one person. The District Manager expects you to do things she should be doing. They are so understaffed, I was practically working every single day and when I wasn't a manager was there doing nothing and complaining you aren't bringing sales up. I will NEVER return to this job. My district manager didn't even care enough about me to say bye, and I know she was working that day. Do not bring yourself to work here, fast food is better then this.
Pros
You get a discount at Sears
Cons
Everything else
Fun place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto,ON7 October 2014
My day working there ,were responsible and having fun taking pictures ,after that,the responsibility selling packages ,cash operator. Always greet customer with a smile on ,making then feel comfortable, some times working alone all day made me learn and practice more and more about customer service.
My co-workers was a real team ,honesty ,friendly and professional.
The hardest part was when I wanted to do something more or different but I had to keep on The company rules.
Everything was enjoyable ,I was learning and showing growth ,the most enjoyable was feel professional,solve problems alone in a fast paced Environment,made me feel happy ,it was a kind of a job I was doing like hobby a thing you know how to do ,what to say ,how to solve ,makes you go happier to work ,because you wont have any complains and this is the better thing for me never having complains.
Pros
Clients compliments
Cons
work sundays
Picture Me Portrait Studio
Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Frances,On9 June 2014
I managed one of their studios and found it very rewarding. To be able to photograph family memories and firsts. The only downside to where I was working was I could only have part time staff because we were located in a small town and it was hard to find someone who would take a part time position and keep it.
Okay to work at, overwhelming a lot of the time.
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC18 September 2012
Long days on your feet.
Lots to learn, crammed into short days.
Management is good, for the most part.
Co-workers are friendly.
Hardest part is knowing what to do during a day and how to go about it.
Enjoyable working with people and helping them create memories.
Fast pace, Creative, Fun Environment
District Manager, (Former Employee) –  Manitoba - Western Ontario12 August 2015
Managing multiple stores in two separate divisions was both challenging and rewarding. Everyday was different and although planning was essential, change was inevitable and being able to think on your toes and adapt was crucial. Creative ways of running the business was rewarded and often recognized between peers. There were challenges and targets and lots of great competition to keep you engaged and motivated. There were multiple support tools and resources on how to be successful.

Getting involved and showing teams how to be successful was encouraged, which allowed more hands on training and great manager employee relationships that in the end built team support. Managers were leaders and worked with the team.

The hardest part of the job would be work life balance. There were times that working around the clock was mandatory for a successful business. However there were times that you cold take that time in the off season.

Great career!
Pros
Make your own schedule, creative environment, many growth opportunities
Cons
Some unexpected travel
Busy and exciting work environment
Seasonal Photographer/Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 April 2012
- During the Christmas season, the studio becomes extremely busy and is filled with clients whose ages range from two weeks old to 90 years old.
- Being both a photographer and a salesperson, I had to multitask and juggle both tasks as my co-workers were often busy with other clients.
- After a 30-45 minute photo-session with the clients, I would digitally edit the photos and then present the edited photos, allowing the clients to choose from a variety of designs, sizes, colours, etc.
- What I learned from this position is that time is of the essence. Time management is absolutely essential and deadlines are extremely important (i.e. If one photo session, editing session or sales pitch is prolonged, the appointments for the remaining clients are postponed, resulting in the entire team to fall behind on the scheduled appointments)
- This position has taught me to take initiative and help my co-workers when they required it most.
Photographer
Studio Associate / Photographer (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC4 May 2015
90% of the time you will be working alone, managing the studio and handling retail.

They hire you as a photographer even if you do not have any photography experience at all. And don't expect to have proper training. The training given is just a surf the CPI website and read. For a "profesional" photography service that they claim to offer, employing people with no experience in photography is very untruthful with their clients.

Management-wise, you are left alone without proper training managing a great number of clients complaining because the stores only require one person to do the job for a 2-3 person job.

You will be taking passport photos, portrait photos, handling cash, receiving shipment, and you need to finish on-time. If you go over store hours because you can't manage to close the store / studio alone with the amount of clients, you also don't get paid overtime.

The experience was so bad I didn't even care to last more than a month. It was a total waste of time and energy.
Pros
Cons
Management, No-Overtime Pay, Always low on staff, low pay.
Worst job I ever had
photographer (Former Employee) –  oshawa16 April 2013
Worst job I have ever had! Now I understand why they are constantly looking for staff. Unprofessional management. What was expected from you was unreasonable. poor pay.coworkers immature. Noone was a professional photographer
Was good but no support
Walmart portrait studio (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert sk21 January 2014
When I started my manager was really nice she decided to quit I was the only one work district wouldn't help me they didn't even really hire anyone to help me out working 7 days a week
Productive and positive place to work, you have to be good with kids to work here.
Part Time Photographer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, Ontario21 February 2013
Lots of fun learning new photography skills, patience is required when working with children and busy times in the store.
Never working for this company again
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg29 September 2014
Terrible experience, you get treated like garbage, no bonuses, no raises. Overworked and underpaid.
Pros
Hour lunches
Training
Non Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 July 2012
Non violent Crrisis intervention training program, is one of the requirements to accomplish the health care pro

2.8