CPI Corp

CPI Corp Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
CPI
Manager (Former Employee), newmarketApril 14, 2014
Working for CPI was a great job it was fun and challenging. I loved the mix of creativity and professionalism.
Horrible management, treats employees with overall disrespect
Photographic Services Sales Representative (Former Employee), Belleville OntarioAugust 28, 2013
Pros: you get a discount at sears
Cons: everything else
You come into work and deal with rowdy children and get paid "a competitive salary" (.25 over minimum wage) constantly harassed by management for not brining in sales and when you do bring in sales you didn't do good enough. Management is so scattered brained and doesn't care about you unless you bring in $1000 in sales on one person. The District Manager – more... expects you to do things she should be doing. They are so understaffed, I was practically working every single day and when I wasn't a manager was there doing nothing and complaining you aren't bringing sales up. I will NEVER return to this job. My district manager didn't even care enough about me to say bye, and I know she was working that day. Do not bring yourself to work here, fast food is better then this. – less
Productive and positive place to work, you have to be good with kids to work here.
Part Time Photographer (Current Employee), Aurora, OntarioFebruary 21, 2013
Lots of fun learning new photography skills, patience is required when working with children and busy times in the store.
absentee management + unqualified staff + low quality products = unhappy customers
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: 1 hour lunch and (low season)
Cons: long hours, often without a break (peak season)
CONS
Every day presented new challenges:
-There were a lot of unhappy customers due to poor quality printing from the lab or poor quality photography from the untrained/unqualified staff.

-The most difficult part of the job was trying to help the unhappy customers. Many of them had been ignored/left unresolved by either the manager or previous staff – more... members, and their cases often became long term issues.

-There was no system in place to track and monitor the quality, nor shipping/receiving of the products.

-The management seemed to only care about the sales numbers, rather than the individual clients or the quality of the products.

-The number of tasks assigned for the day was often unrealistic; many of the tasks, such as cold calling customers, are for strictly increasing sales numbers/bookings.

-Tasks that would benefit the productivity and general maintenance of the studio is discouraged in favour of tasks that increase sales, resulting in messy/disorganized studios.

-Co-workers are not necessarily photographers, as the rate of pay is too low for any serious photography professional. Despite the Sears Quality Guarantee, the photography unfortunately reflects this.

-There is a discord when the high expectations of customers are met with the low level of product quality.

PROS
-The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the nice customers and children that come into the studio, and creating their memories through photography.

-Genuine appreciation from the customers that were happy with quality photography.

-I learned a lot of techniques for photographing groups and maintaining control in the studio. – less
A fun job if you enjoy working with people, especially kids
Manager, Portrait & Passport Photographer (Former Employee), Leduc, AlbertaOctober 12, 2012
Pros: if you like free portraits, you will get a portrait package as a christmas gift if you have been with the company for a while!
Cons: taking home laundry to wash without getting paid for it, long hours, no raises, bonuses only paid when team does well (not based on individual ability)
If you like being overworked and underpaid (No raises), you will be stuck in a dead-end position without renumeration or appreciation!!
Good place to work nice environment
I managed the sales the recruitments (Former Employee), Québec, QCSeptember 9, 2012
Pros: theres always chances to move up in the company
Cons: you work alone and if there s no clients it can be a long day
A day of work at the photo studio consists of calling the clients to have a better idea of how to plan there session to best suit there needs. Recruiting new costermors in store and finding new ways to do so. Taking seances followed by showing our products and closing the sale. Answering the phone taking passeport photos Making and seperating the orders. – more... conferance calls and making the money deposit once a week.
The hardest part of the job is only one employee works at a time. But the most enjoyable part is the challenges and meeting the clients and getting to know them. – less
Company filed bankruptcy
Studio Manager/Photographer (Former Employee), Bristol, TNApril 13, 2014
Company filed bankruptcy due to not meeting their goals. They had some employees who didn't care about their jobs.
THERE FOR SHORT TERM DOING INVENTOR DETAILING
CONTRACT Designer (Former Employee), Solon, OHApril 2, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: there are none
DID INVENTOR DETAILINGS OF STEEL SLITTER. GOT ALONG WITH EVERYONE
Challenging Yet Rewarding Workplace
Studio Manager/ Photographer/ Sales Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 24, 2014
Pros: the rewarding feeling of meeting a daily sales quota. learning to move in a fast paced environment.
Cons: no health care.
I through face to face interactions produced photographic Images that last a lifetime and I also sold those images. I met the daily and monthly personal and team sales goal. At CPI I learned how to acquisition effectually. I also kept up to date on current studio procedures and policies to be sure compliance was met. I maintained the studio and did – more... a weekly store inventory. I reported to my district manager on a regular basis. – less
great company overall
Photographer (Former Employee), Norman, OKFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: close to home good pay rate as well as benifits
Cons: too much gossip
the days went by fast easy and fun!! I learned people skills, multi-tasking, and training skills.
Fun environment
Studio Manager (Former Employee), Morristown, TNFebruary 14, 2014
By far the best job I ever had. However, the company is no longer available.
Studio Manager
Studio Manager/ Sales Manager /Team lead (Former Employee), CaliforniaJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: working with families and photography
Cons: bad management
I loved working with the families and children. Photography is a great creative outlet. However the company was poorly managed and didn't care about employees. Company went out of business in 2013
Kids Portrait Studio Company
Studio Manager/District Manager (Former Employee), Las VegasOctober 29, 2013
Working for CPI gave me the tools and experience I needed to grow as a District Manager. I enjoyed the constant coaching and feedback I got on a daily basis. Taken each lesson given to me, I began to produce great portraits and top-notch customer service. The hardest part of my job (as a District Manager for CPI) was having a store in three different – more... states. It was rather difficult to give hands-on training to employees at the store farthest away, but as professional I managed to do so. My favorite part of my job was coaching and developing my managers, providing them with the skills needed to be the best. Helping and coaching someone who struggled with sales or photography, then watching them ultimately succeed was the best part for me.= – less
Exciting, challenging and rewarding place to work.
Studio Manger/Certified Sales Specialist (Former Employee), oklahoma city, okSeptember 18, 2013
I loved this job because everyday was different than the previous. I was tested daily on my ability to progress and improve. Training other Studio Managers around the Region was the most appreciated gift earned from this career. Not only did I get to teach but I was constantly learning as well; a true dual educational experience.
Decent Place
Salesman/Photographer/Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 13, 2013
Pros: laid back enviornment
Cons: very big quotas to meet
not the worst and not the best but it is a nice place to work. you get what you put in if you hustle to make sales then you will see it back when it is time for quarterly bonuses.
Studio manager with great built team
Studio Manager (Former Employee), Hickory, NCAugust 10, 2013
Pros: great staff, competitive team and nice customers
Cons: non paid hours
I ran the Hickory, NC store for almost 2 years. I loved taking pictures of clients and building new relationships in the community with my marketing experience. I enjoyed building my team and making sure everyone was up to date on training and met or exceeded sales goals. My store was always in the top 3 and very proud of it. Its always about great – more... customer service and that's what they received in my store. – less
CPI Slave Labor
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 8, 2013
Cons: harassment style management, constant stress due to negative customers calling in about problems, vending machine for cafeteria food options, low pay
One of the worst jobs I've had. The management "manages" employees by yelling and intimidating everyone. I found it to be an extremely poor work environment when I was forced to ask permission to use the restroom, and then when I asked after a few times through the course of a long day of work they would sometimes say no and act irritated, at that point – more... I just started going without their permission because I'm not going to urinate my pants for being underpaid. – less
fun and productive
manager I (Former Employee), Toccoa, GAJuly 30, 2013
Pros: the ability to be creative
Cons: short breaks
the most enjoyable part of my job was the connection with my customers. I also enjoyed creating memories that will last customers a life time.
Photographer
Photographer (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 8, 2013
Not enough pay, bad Deal, sales based with lil commission. a lot of cheap people come in and complain have to find a way to avoid a 7.99 picture with 140dollars packages.
Great company!
Acting Manager/Photographer (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 26, 2013
Offered benefits, opportunities for advancement, and behaved as one cohesive family. Capturing everlasting moments of happiness to treasure forever was one of the highlights.

1 2 3 4

About CPI Corp

CPI gets the picture. The company, recognized as a longtime leader in portrait photography, operates more than 3,080 photographic – Read more